Blackburn Coach

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
John Hunt

Blackburn Coach

If a coach was run to Blackburn for say £30 who would commit to go on it?

Something as a nice stop off as a exceptional basis for big cup games.

To leave like the good old days from the Odeon (I mean the Everyman - Sorry ) Barnet.

I for one.

Any other takers? This is much cheaper than the current rail fares.

I am not organising it just asking to put it to the club.
Last edited by John Hunt on 17 Oct 2017, 16:28, edited 1 time in total.
FCBFCSA Manager / Former committee member of BFCSA and BFCSA1926
pokal02

Re: Blackburn Coach

Yes, provided it didn't leave before 09:00. Train's looking quite expensive & don't really fancy driving/parking.
South_Belfast_Bee

I would definitely be on it.

I think it's very poor that the club doesn't have a coach service. I'm aware of the past politics with it, but routing it via the Hive, rather than starting there and going outward (or going to the Hive at all) was a disastrous decision.
RichardM

South_Belfast_Bee wrote:I would definitely be on it.

I think it's very poor that the club doesn't have a coach service. I'm aware of the past politics with it, but routing it via the Hive, rather than starting there and going outward (or going to the Hive at all) was a disastrous decision.
I think past politics had little to do with the club stopping running coaches to away games. It had more to do with the small number of supporters using the service thus causing a big financial loss to the club every fortnight.
South_Belfast_Bee

RichardM wrote:
South_Belfast_Bee wrote:I would definitely be on it.

I think past politics had little to do with the club stopping running coaches to away games. It had more to do with the small number of supporters using the service thus causing a big financial loss to the club every fortnight.
I meant the politics that led to the Club taking control of the coaches in the first place.
To bee or not to bee

We'd be on it if it had a pick up at the Hive.
BeeArmy

At least 3 of us
HertsBee

hendon4bee wrote:If a coach was run to Blackburn for say £30 who would commit to go on it?

Something as a nice stop off as a exceptional basis for big cup games.

To leave like the good old days from the Odeon (I mean the Everyman - Sorry ) Barnet.

I for one.

Any other takers? This is much cheaper than the current rail fares.

I am not organising it just asking to put it to the club.
If you want a coach to leave solely from the Odeon, I think you would have to organise it yourself. Although this subject has been well debated in the past, the problems are mainly because TK wants people at the Hive to buy food and drink there, and also most people don't want a 2 centred stop. I would guess the majority of fans could easily get to the Odeon(unlike the Hive) then it's a straightforward journey. But if you then had to go to the Hive for a pick-up that would mean an extra 30+ minutes on travel time meaning coach would have to leave earlier. Then the argument coming back of where to stop first Hive or Odeon. I would be interested to know the rough figures for where people would get on, as I predict at least 90% would prefer the Odeon. A coach limited to 56mph would take 4+ hours, also the driver would need a break, so looking at nearer 5hours journey time. Therefore you would need to leave before 9am to make sure of getting there in time also allowing for any small hold-ups. Someone has already said they would go only if it left at 9am. This is the problems faced trying to get a happy medium to suit everyone. To me personally, The club is Barnet, the majority of fans are from Barnet and local surrounding areas so that is where coaches should be from.
buzzinbee

As much as it adds to the journey going to THL, I would get the coach if the Club sorts it out by next week.

If any of the Supporters' Liaison Group could help in getting the Club to organise a coach, asap, I'm sure it would not run at a lost.
Masuka

I'd rather fork out the small fortune for a train than have to spend 5+ hours on a coach each way. Plus on a train you can crack open the beers!
Once a Bee ALWAYS a Bee
South_Belfast_Bee

https://www.barnetfc.com/news/2017/octo ... ember-4th/
The club is proposing to put on a coach service from The Hive to Ewood Park for a £30 return providing 35 fans are willing to travel. Those wishing to travel should email apullen@thehivelondon.com expressing their interest. Should we reach the target number, payment details will follow.
John Hunt

I have asked the following;

Hi

Good to hear you are thinking of putting a coach on to Blackburn.

Would there be a stop off at Barnet there and back?

What time do you propose to leave The Hive?

Getting to and from the Hive early/late from Barnet is quite tricky by public transport.

Best wishes

John
South_Belfast_Bee

PS, Please bear in mind that chicken isn't really that appealing at breakfast time, so there isn't much to do at the Hive first thing on a Saturday morning. :Wink:
John Hunt

Lets try to garner some interest in this! It is a shame it is not publicised in the newsletter I have just received.

I have asked the club to send a separate tweet about this and to publicise it over the tannoy on Saturday.
South_Belfast_Bee

Agreed, the announcement is buried in the press release about the kick off time (does the cynic in me suggest they don't really want to have to run a coach, but can claim they tried?).

Coach payment should be available on website already, and/or sign up at the ticket office tomorrow.