FA Cup

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
becbee

Re: FA Cup

PAC66 wrote:
X-Bumble wrote:Think people slagging off Blackburn is a bit rude, and as for Bushey Bee, I suspect you have never even been there so I'm not sure why you jump in and slag off the place.
We go ice skating there when we visit my mother-in-law in Bury quite often and used to use their swimming pool facilities before they closed it.
There are certainly rough parts as there are in any town, but it's not a bad place. Lovely countryside just outside of the town. If you think Blackburn is rough, you want to go and visit Bradford or Bolton - they really are eye openers!
Quote from Busheybees posts
[b"Terrible draw for two reasons
1. It is a very far away trip
2. There is little chance of us progressing
Also reading some comments on here it is a rough area so that is another downside to it".

He is hardly jumping in and slagging it off - he hasn't been so is just going off what is being said in preceding posts which don't paint the place in the best of light - and not sure you have painted it much better on the basis it has an ice skate rink, used to have a pool, the countryside outside of town is good and you could only quote 2 places worse.
I have not been either (but also not getting a good impression from this thread) so I look forward to being pleasantly surprised :D
I think it likely XBumble confused BB43 with Masuka, who did jump in and slag it off.
I am sure we could all name plenty of places which could compete with the above 3 in a worse places competition, including some places which are not in the north of England / begin with the letter B. However unless anybody's thinking of going to Blackburn for a long weekend (!), I'm not sure that it's particularly relevant.
RichardM

jdmckbee wrote:
hendon4bee wrote:What a bunch of misery guts we have on here. It is the FA Cup for goodness sake. For men of my age it still conjures up wonderful memories. Any team should play their best team. I loved Sutton's run last year.

I prefer the magic of a cup run to the drudgery of surviving by the skin of our teeth.

Football lost its soul when the cup lost it's importance.
I couldn't agree more.
And me.
RichardM

rudebwoyben wrote:
Norfolk & Chance wrote:So it's rude to slag off Blackburn, but not Bradford and Bolton?
Outrageous double standards Xbumble ;-)
The only places we can slag off on here without needing prior authorisation are Stevenage and Luton! :laugh:
You can leave Stevenage out of it thank you very much. Some of us live there.
BusheyBee43

X-Bumble wrote:Think people slagging off Blackburn is a bit rude, and as for Bushey Bee, I suspect you have never even been there so I'm not sure why you jump in and slag off the place.
We go ice skating there when we visit my mother-in-law in Bury quite often and used to use their swimming pool facilities before they closed it.
There are certainly rough parts as there are in any town, but it's not a bad place. Lovely countryside just outside of the town. If you think Blackburn is rough, you want to go and visit Bradford or Bolton - they really are eye openers!
1. I said "Reading some comments on here" considering this many people are saying it is a poor place and no one saying it is a nice place. In my opinion I could make a fair assumption it is not a nice place.
2. Correct me if I am wrong but aren't you slagging off Bradford and Bolton. So you are also being hypocritical.
3. So they closed their swimming pool facilities. That is certainly not a positive thing about Blackburn in my opinion.
Masuka

becbee wrote:
Masuka wrote:The fact is, Blackburn is a shithole, it's miles away by an expensive train trip, we will lose, it will be cold and wet, long miserable journey home...

I couldn't give a monkies if they won the Premiership donkeys years ago.
Have you ever been to Blackburn? If you haven't then don't make unsubstantiated judgement.

Which long term weather forecast have you consulted to come to the opinion that the evening of 4th November will be cold and wet?
We used to have a family friend who lived near the Industrial estate. From maybe a dozen times I've been to Blackburn I can confidently say it is indeed, a shithole.

Nice golf club though. About 20 mins from Ewood.
Once a Bee ALWAYS a Bee
Psycho

There are certainly rough parts as there are in any town, but it's not a bad place. Lovely countryside just outside of the townIf you think Blackburn is rough, you want to go and visit Bradford or Bolton - they really are eye openers!
I remember the journey from Salford to Blackburn in my brother-in-law's car. It certainly was beautiful scenery and the pub we visited was very welcoming on the outskirts of the town. It was so cold though, being late January, that his car broke down on the way back! Luckily it was outside a pub so I enjoyed the local beers which was quite a selection while the irate driver waited a couple of hours for the AA. A very memorable afternoon.
becbee

Masuka wrote:
becbee wrote:
Masuka wrote:The fact is, Blackburn is a shithole, it's miles away by an expensive train trip, we will lose, it will be cold and wet, long miserable journey home...

I couldn't give a monkies if they won the Premiership donkeys years ago.
Have you ever been to Blackburn? If you haven't then don't make unsubstantiated judgement.

Which long term weather forecast have you consulted to come to the opinion that the evening of 4th November will be cold and wet?
We used to have a family friend who lived near the Industrial estate. From maybe a dozen times I've been to Blackburn I can confidently say it is indeed, a shithole.

Fair enough.

I would however imagine that living near an industrial estate anywhere wouldn't be the nicest part of any town.

Nice golf club though. About 20 mins from Ewood.
LeicesterBee

Since when did this forum start being sponsored by TripAdvisor?

It’s 90 minutes of football in the most famous club completion in the world which the team we all love has a realistic chance of progressing to the next round of. Good enough reason to go in my opinion - no one is being asked to move their family there
shankbee01

LeicesterBee wrote:Since when did this forum start being sponsored by TripAdvisor?

It’s 90 minutes of football in the most famous club completion in the world which the team we all love has a realistic chance of progressing to the next round of. Good enough reason to go in my opinion - no one is being asked to move their family there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
shankbee01

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Monsieur Abeille

becbee wrote:
Monsieur Abeille wrote:Blimey what a load of negativity. I saw a couple of Lincolns cup run games last year, and the fans all believed a non league could do over a Championship or Prem team.

Of course we can win
Maybe something to do with how Lincoln were pretty invincible last season and we're currently just about the opposite?
Or how a non league team wasn't scared of teams 3 and 4 divisions ahead of them, whereas some seem to have thrown in the towel against a mid table team one division up.
becbee

Monsieur Abeille wrote:
becbee wrote:
Monsieur Abeille wrote:Blimey what a load of negativity. I saw a couple of Lincolns cup run games last year, and the fans all believed a non league could do over a Championship or Prem team.

Of course we can win
Maybe something to do with how Lincoln were pretty invincible last season and we're currently just about the opposite?
Or how a non league team wasn't scared of teams 3 and 4 divisions ahead of them, whereas some seem to have thrown in the towel against a mid table team one division up.
Winning teams and their supporters have winning mentality, losing teams don't.
But hopefully, our players will realise they've nothing to lose and will go out to enjoy the occasion, like at Brighton.
Monsieur Abeille

becbee wrote:
Monsieur Abeille wrote:
becbee wrote:

Of course we can win
Winning teams and their supporters have winning mentality, losing teams don't.
But hopefully, our players will realise they've nothing to lose and will go out to enjoy the occasion, like at Brighton.
Indeed - we have a level of skill and with some decent finishing and ideally a little luck there is no reason why we can't turn Blackburn over. Hopefully Rossi can batter any negative thoughts out of the team, some supporters are probably a lost cause.
John_c

Has the date been confirmed as 4th November?
Proud Sponsor of Luisma Villa Lopez's Football Conference Winning Away Shirt. Season 2014/15

Proud Winner of the Sponsor Marvin Armstrong Shirt Raffle 2023/24

Worlds best Prediction League player
letchbee94

John_c wrote:Has the date been confirmed as 4th November?
Yes 4th November is a date :P