Notts County (Away) The Steve Kabba Match Thread

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
ape1968

Re: Notts County (Away) The Steve Kabba Match Thread

Bee52 wrote:
Shame to see only Craig Ross going to applaude the Barnet fans at the end.

Correct me if I'm wrong please.
You're are wrong. They all came over. Led by Campbell-Rice. All of them came over. Ross just came over at the end by himself.
"The feeling of stepping out for Barnet for the first time was the same as a Champions League match. It is just joy"

Edgar Davids
Golf Delta

It just seems that in some cases, some fairly innocuous sounding injuries are taking an incredible amount of time to recover from, or they were more serious than we were led to believe. There was never the slightest hint that Akinde would be out for this long when we first heard about it, maybe the same for Weston too.
When you're arguing with an idiot, make sure the other person isn't doing the same.
Bee52

Apologies and thanks for the correction ape1968!

I do share that frustration Golf Delta, nothing personal meant, just trying to bat against the general negativity caused by our bad fortune.
Mem Beespod

County were a horrible team created in the image of their boss and his mentor Allardyce. Cynical, defensively well organised but horrible hoofball.
Until we changed back to a wing back system they pressurised into mistakes and did their best to break up play and any momentum we got.
We were largely toothless as an attacking force with a midfield that was scared of running in behind JLAA, standing on top of each when we had possession and far too one paced. All our football was played in front of County.
One of the biggest differentiators was their deadball delivery which were superbly whipped in whilst we put in floaty nonsense
Then we switched to a back 3 and came alive. Tutonda was causing them all sorts of problems and put in some great crosses, one of which lead to the goal. Akinola/JLAA were 2v1 and Akinola couldn't pick out JLAA and then Santos missed a guilt edged chance right at the end.

All in all we were second best but although it's frustrating, we have several players starting today who wouldn't be anywhere near our first Xi yet we come away from a promotion chasing team having marginally lost.
BeesPod - Best in Non League podcast 2023
https://linktr.ee/beespod

Member of Bring Barnet Back campaign.

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=61557502963938
kingpinfid

How many matches have we lost by the odd goal? Very frustrating, but we need to start winning again or relegation will be on the cards.
rudebwoyben

kingpinfid wrote:How many matches have we lost by the odd goal? Very frustrating, but we need to start winning again or relegation will be on the cards.
The only defeat not by 1 goal was against Wycombe.
Gromit

I think the frustration for us (seeing them for the first time this season) was the lack of enthusiasm from some of the players. They came out seeming to not think they could win, their lack of confidence was sad to see. I know they're not the starting team but surely that would make some of them want to play with more vigor to show the boss that they should be first team choices? At one point we said they could be playing 'walking football'.

Having said that when they started playing, there were some lovely touches and there was a bit more belief that they might get something out of it. It's amazing that Rossi can put a team together with the injuries we've got and he must feel as frustrated as we do!
Guiseleybee

#Beebot wrote:While it's hard to blame Rossi for our current situation, I would query why Bover and Blackman started today after poor performances last week with Shomotun, Kyei, Akinola and EMC all available.

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk
Totally agree with this. Bover has been poor and certainly doesn't look great out in a wide position.

Blackman did nothing either, where's Kyei gone?

Akpro looked much better when he had Akinola alongside him.

Rossi needs to start with Akinola on Tuesday with Akpro if Shaq not fit.

Blackman and Bover should be dropped
becbee

Guiseleybee wrote:
#Beebot wrote:While it's hard to blame Rossi for our current situation, I would query why Bover and Blackman started today after poor performances last week with Shomotun, Kyei, Akinola and EMC all available.

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk
Totally agree with this. Bover has been poor and certainly doesn't look great out in a wide position.

Blackman did nothing either, where's Kyei gone?

Akpro looked much better when he had Akinola alongside him.

Rossi needs to start with Akinola on Tuesday with Akpro if Shaq not fit.

Agreed. I don't like criticising individual players but we were like a different team after Bover and Blackman went off. We never remotely looked in with a chance of a shot on target before the substitutions, afterwards we found energy and could have pinched a draw.

Very frustrating but we can't give teams 2 soft goals and expect to get anything from the game.

Drop Bover and Blackman and hope for better on Tuesday v Mansfield.

Blackman and Bover should be dropped
BusheyBee43

Team vs Mansfield
I want to got back to playing 3 CBs

GK Ross
RWB H Taylor
CB Clough
CB Nelson
CB Santos
LWB Tutonda
CM Fonguck
CM J Taylor
CAM If Vilhete is not well then JCR ( was considering EMC tbh but decided JCR deserves a final chance)
ST Akinola
ST Coulthrist if not fit JLAA.

Player Ratings today
Ross 5 A couple of decent saves but IMO his kicking is erratic and he doesn't come out enough for crosses. Despite being a brilliant shotstopper Ross IMO should be dropped for Stephens when Stephens is fit because Stephens is also a great shotstopper and is better at kicking than Ross.
H Taylor 4 He didn't do much going forward and looked very off the pace. I feel sorry for the kid because it is difficult at that age to play every minute of every game.
Santos 7 Won a lot of header today well done to him
Clough 7 Good blocks and headers
Tutonda 7 Great going forward well done to him.
J Taylor 7 Controlled the game nicely solid performance
Fonguck 7 same as above
JCR 4 I am sorry but he didn't do anything with the ball and didn't release it quick enough and his set piece delivery is abysmal.
Blackman 4- Poor performance again from him and is proving his doubters right.
Bover 4 Poor and looks very slow
JLAA 4 - Anonymous and barely wins anything in the air.

Subs
Nelson 5 One good long ball and six others to absolutely no one
Akinola 8- Great impact when he came on good goal.
Shomotun N/A
ninestein

We need to go after Mansfield. If Shaq is back then great. If not, Akinola needs to partner Akpa Akpro from the start because AA needs more support and can't play as a lone striker. Let's make the most of the attacking threat we do pose despite the injuries. One decent result can act as a catalyst and boy do we need it right now.
Barnet showing all the flair of Rupert-the-Bears trousers, but lots more style!
Mem Beespod

BusheyBee43 wrote:Team vs Mansfield
I want to got back to playing 3 CBs

GK Ross
RWB H Taylor
CB Clough
CB Nelson
CB Santos
LWB Tutonda
CM Fonguck
CM J Taylor
CAM If Vilhete is not well then JCR ( was considering EMC tbh but decided JCR deserves a final chance)
ST Akinola
ST Coulthrist if not fit JLAA.

Player Ratings today
Ross 5 A couple of decent saves but IMO his kicking is erratic and he doesn't come out enough for crosses. Despite being a brilliant shotstopper Ross IMO should be dropped for Stephens when Stephens is fit because Stephens is also a great shotstopper and is better at kicking than Ross.
H Taylor 4 He didn't do much going forward and looked very off the pace. I feel sorry for the kid because it is difficult at that age to play every minute of every game.
Santos 7 Won a lot of header today well done to him
Clough 7 Good blocks and headers
Tutonda 7 Great going forward well done to him.
J Taylor 7 Controlled the game nicely solid performance
Fonguck 7 same as above
JCR 4 I am sorry but he didn't do anything with the ball and didn't release it quick enough and his set piece delivery is abysmal.
Blackman 4- Poor performance again from him and is proving his doubters right.
Bover 4 Poor and looks very slow
JLAA 4 - Anonymous and barely wins anything in the air.

Subs
Nelson 5 One good long ball and six others to absolutely no one
Akinola 8- Great impact when he came on good goal.
Shomotun N/A
I agree with you about JCR. Had a lot of possession but slowed the game down constantly allowing County to regroup. However I disagree about JLAA. I'm no big fan of his but for two games he's been asked to lead the line and largely protected the ball and laid it off reasonably well. The issue has been that he's lacked decent support. Our MF players had no intention to run in behind.
BeesPod - Best in Non League podcast 2023
https://linktr.ee/beespod

Member of Bring Barnet Back campaign.

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=61557502963938
MCB

Funny how several Notts County fans said JCR was the best player on the pitch!
LoudmouthBFC

Something to watch before bed, or when you wake up

Notts County F.C. 2 v Barnet F.C. 1 | I only came for chicken wings (15/10/17) Matchday Vlog

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJ_iiW-Gxk0
Barnetchris

At least after this frustrating period when we hopefully we have most of the injured players back the only positive is Rossi will know exactly he’s best team. The players who are playing at the moment can hardly turn round and say they weren’t given a chance to show what they can do.
Not many managers would have had this long a period to see most of there squad playing at this level consistently.