Blackman worst player ever?

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
Monsieur Abeille

Re: Blackman worst player ever?

Hurrah! Was wondering when the fickle fandom was going to select a "worse player" to pillory for the season. All I can say is to be the worst ever he's got some very healthy competition.
NorthFinchleyBee

Certainly the goal he scored against Wimbledon is probably a candidate for goal of the season. I think we need to give any player a chance before condemning him so wholeheartedly.
Bee_Forever

Looked pretty ordinary in a poor performance vs. Crawley, his positioning in particular, and unwillingness to track their winger was so abundantly clear, that it almost seemed tactical.

However, he is a wing back, which means the is not strong enough to defend as a left back, and not gifted enough to play him as an out and out winger, so judging him on a few games, a lot of these played out of position seems very harsh.

Needs to be given a run at wing back before we can start calling him TWWBITWE.
becbee

Bee_Forever wrote:Looked pretty ordinary in a poor performance vs. Crawley, his positioning in particular, and unwillingness to track their winger was so abundantly clear, that it almost seemed tactical.

However, he is a wing back, which means the is not strong enough to defend as a left back, and not gifted enough to play him as an out and out winger, so judging him on a few games, a lot of these played out of position seems very harsh.

Needs to be given a run at wing back before we can start calling him TWWBITWE.
Agreed.
Remember all the moans about Charlie Clough when he was first in the team but being played out of position. Then he was moved to where he'd been successful at FGR and it was like we had a different player.
Whether the same will apply to Blackman remains to be seen but let's at least give him a chance first.
mcleod23

I didn't even think Clough was that bad at RB either. Certainly did ok on Saturday there.

As for Blackman, he looks alright. Can certainly hit a ball and is a naturally left footer so adds some balance to the team. Just don't know why he ended up at RB on Saturday?!!
John Hunt

Re: Blackman worst thread ever?

What an absolutely stupid thread.
FCBFCSA Manager / Former committee member of BFCSA and BFCSA1926
WinchyBee

Re: Blackman worst thread ever?

hendon4bee wrote:What an absolutely stupid thread.
Well said.
MCB

*Worst Thread Ever*

Definitely the worst thread ever.

gowerfan

I admit my anger at his poor performance both on Saturday and the week before against Crawley may have been over the top. But I was so disappointed in the fact that he made so little effort. Does not matter how much time you give someone to settle in you cannot forgive laziness.
BigBee

gowerfan wrote:I admit my anger at his poor performance both on Saturday and the week before against Crawley may have been over the top. But I was so disappointed in the fact that he made so little effort. Does not matter how much time you give someone to settle in you cannot forgive laziness.
I agree 100%, however, in addition to Andre Blackman,
this can be applied, to more than half the team, for
both of those games.

We are in league two and I don't expect all the players,
to have all the attributes, what is unforgivable, is the lack
of effort/heart/spirit of some of these professional athletes.

Give it all you've got and nobody, can really justify criticism
of the individual.
kingpinfid

Shaun Batt is the worst I've seen in the last 12 months. How did that guy play over 100 times in League One and over 30 times in the Championship? Who was he sleeping with to play that many matches?

I couldn't believe what I was watching when he regularly tried to control the ball and it would fly off his foot 20-25 yards in the wrong direction. In the end I felt sorry for the opposition defenders, because if he doesn't know where the ball is likely to end up, how are they supposed to read what's happening in front of them! Maybe that was the plan all along, be so bad that it causes chaos in the opposition half.
pletch99

So far Blackman has:

Played pretty well in two games (albeit getting himself needlessly send off wasn't the smartest thing) and played poorly in two games. We've had plenty of players who didn't manage 1 in 2 decent games. Lets give the guy a few games eh. I seem to remember many of us writing off a certain recently signed forward after four games - only for him to have a stellar September. Now we're panicing about the state of his hamstring.
dawat

pletch99 wrote:So far Blackman has:

Played pretty well in two games (albeit getting himself needlessly send off wasn't the smartest thing) and played poorly in two games. We've had plenty of players who didn't manage 1 in 2 decent games. Lets give the guy a few games eh. I seem to remember many of us writing off a certain recently signed forward after four games - only for him to have a stellar September. Now we're panicing about the state of his hamstring.
So true! Haven't we seen criticism of Clough, Vilhete, Stephens, Ross, JCR, Tutonda, JLAA, Harry Taylor, Weston, Bover, Akinola, Fonguck, to mention a few. Let's face it we have sooooo many rubbish players plus manager and chairman as well that I just cannot understand why we aren't struggling in the Isthmian League let alone Football League 2.
lemming3k

If he can't defend then maybe we should try him up front. Hasn't he scored as many as Batt?
Certainly not our worst player and to say that after a handful of games after the dross we've had across the decades... well I can only assume you started supporting the Bees in September.
Jimbokav1971

We thought Tutonda was rubbish last year, (apart from BusheyBee).
We thought Coulthirst was rubbish at the beginning of the season, (although granted he worked hard even when he wasn't looking great).
I've seen both Harry and Jack get stick already this season, (both look like they might develop into excellent players given time to me).
Big John is lazy and should be binned I seem to remember reading.
Nelson is too old.
Jamie Stephens can't kick and needs to be released.
Weston is rubbish.
Wes is nowhere near ready for 1st team.
EJ is very average and could easily be replaced.

We've heard and read a lot of old bullcarp this season already. :laugh:
antbfc wrote:
"He owes everyone a naked run... His opinion is invalid"