Akinde out for 6 weeks!

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
Norfolkbee

Re: Akinde out for 6 weeks!

It's pretty obvious that either Rossi doesn't rate the four musketeers or they have no interest in playing for either the club or him. Unless that situation changes PDQ, he will have to find reinforcements from somewhere. He can't go on flogging two third of a squad to death week in week out until at least January. It will be particularly harmful to the younger players, while some of the older ones will also need a rest. That's why football is a squad game these days.
Last edited by Norfolkbee on 22 Sep 2017, 15:56, edited 1 time in total.
becbee

Norfolkbee wrote: There is a comprehensive list at the PFA. You or rather a club can take a choice. As has been said many times, unattached players are now desperate for clubs and demands drop. Agents are also desperate to get their clients fixed up.
There is no sign that all these unattached players and their agents are being desperately pro-active. Apart from Clint Hill, who else has signed for a league club lately?

There are probably very good reasons why these players still remain unattached.

It's easy to say that there's a "comprehensive list". I imagine if we were to look at it and discount the has-beens, the unfit, the Northern based, others who don't wish to re-locate, the goalkeepers, the defenders, the attacking midfielders, the incompetents, the ones who to all intents & purposes have retired - then I doubt you'd find much left.
Norfolkbee

becbee wrote:
Norfolkbee wrote: There is a comprehensive list at the PFA. You or rather a club can take a choice. As has been said many times, unattached players are now desperate for clubs and demands drop. Agents are also desperate to get their clients fixed up.
There is no sign that all these unattached players and their agents are being desperately pro-active. Apart from Clint Hill, who else has signed for a league club lately?

It's easy to say that there's a "comprehensive list". I imagine if we were to look at it and discount the has-beens, the unfit, the Northern based, others who don't wish to re-locate, the goalkeepers, the defenders, the attacking midfielders, the incompetents, the ones who to all intents & purposes have retired - then I doubt you'd find much left.
All right, come up with a better suggestion because a suggestion is all I'm offering. We are currently bearing the brunt of the changes in the loans rule, which works against clubs at lower levels. Premiership/Championship clubs with huge squads would probably be delighted to send players out on loan for match experience. This will get even worse if the proposed changes to the transfer window are adopted.
jerroll

21 September

Premier League

Anders Lindegaard [Unattached - Burnley]

Football League

Alex Davey [Unattached - Cheltenham Town] Free

Clint Hill [Unattached - Carlisle] Free

International

*Diego Costa [Chelsea - Atletico Madrid] Undisclosed

*transfer to go through in January 2018 transfer window

20 September

Premier League

Tim Krul [Newcastle - Brighton] Free

Joe Ledley [Unattached - Derby]

16 September

Football League

Kelle Roos [Derby - Port Vale] Loan

Josh Wright [Gillingham - Southend] Free

15 September

Jesse Starkey [Unattached - Gillingham]

12 September

Football League

Mohamed Maouche [Tours - Oldham] Free

Jordan Slew [Unattached - Rochdale]
becbee

Norfolkbee wrote:
becbee wrote:

All right, come up with a better suggestion because a suggestion is all I'm offering. We are currently bearing the brunt of the changes in the loans rule, which works against clubs at lower levels. Premiership/Championship clubs with huge squads would probably be delighted to send players out on loan for match experience. This will get even worse if the proposed changes to the transfer window are adopted.
I couldn't agree more. But EFL had the changes forced upon them by EUFA / FIFA, they resisted for as long as they could.
Jerroll's list basically confirms what I said. Plus 3 of those are goalkeepers ( maybe more?) .
Edd1

With the current position there is now no excuse at all for playing any first team players in the franchise cup.

If I was in RE's position I'd be speaking to TK and suggesting we play a bunch of kids from accademy and take the hit on the fine. The players need a rest.

I'll be doing a rain dance on Tuesday night to try and get Lincoln postponed. Last thing we need is yet another Tuesday night fixture.
jerroll

Edd1 wrote:With the current position there is now no excuse at all for playing any first team players in the franchise cup.

If I was in RE's position I'd be speaking to TK and suggesting we play a bunch of kids from accademy and take the hit on the fine. The players need a rest.

I'll be doing a rain dance on Tuesday night to try and get Lincoln postponed. Last thing we need is yet another Tuesday night fixture.
we have 30+ pros, some of the development squad will need games and we could use the following before touching academy kids

KMl
Day
Smith
EMC
Shomoton
Kyei
Sweeney
Nichols
Watson
Coker
Mars

I think you will find people have taken time off work for Lincoln so no thanks to your raindance!!
Norfolkbee

jerroll wrote:
Edd1 wrote:With the current position there is now no excuse at all for playing any first team players in the franchise cup.

we have 30+ pros, some of the development squad will need games and we could use the following before touching academy kids

KMl
Day
Smith
EMC
Shomoton
Kyei
Sweeney
Nichols
Watson
Coker
Mars

I think you will find people have taken time off work for Lincoln so no thanks to your raindance!!
As I alluded to previously, Rossi probably knows the lie of the land as regards Sweeney, Nicholls and Watson - plus Akinola - so, unless there is a rapid shift, we can as likely as not write them off. Don't get me wrong, at this time, they would be welcome "additions" to the squad, but there are obviously reasons why they don't feature in any matches, first team or otherwise.
kingpinfid

becbee wrote:

If only the Club had a Head of Football / Recruitment whose job it was to look through that list, pick up the phone and investigate potential new signings, then you wouldn't be left guessing and making assumptions.
ccollis_869

I always thought it was a bad decision to bring him on against Exeter, wet slippery conditions, rough game. Can't help but think that obviously Eames would have found out the extent of Tarpey's injury and was desperate to get him back........ inexperience from him imo