Crawley (Hive) The "What's Up Doc?" Match Thread

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
Norfolkbee

Re: Crawley (Hive) The "What's Up Doc?" Match Thread

Mickbee wrote:
Norfolkbee wrote:Sorry but if that performance had been served up under Martin Allen, many people on here would've been calling for his head on a platter. Absolutely no idea how to break down a big standard League 2 defence.

All I can say to that is that MA was very lucky to John Akinde, masked a lot of his short comings.
So by that do I gather that you accept Rossi has shortcomings and no Akinde to dig him out?
pgbee

Norfolk & Chance wrote:
pgbee wrote:Yes we have injuries, but the team that plays I expect to show some passion and commitment. Today that was lacking, as was any communication to our player in possession. Two pretty average teams with one of them wanting it more than the other. We are just too lightweight in midfield atm. Foolishly I bought my Coventry ticket before that performance, what a mug!
Ashes will be on soon, not long to wait.
Is that supposed to cheer me up? As we continually try to recover from 40-3....
mcleod23

beeman wrote:
Norfolkbee wrote:Sorry but if that performance had been served up under Martin Allen, many people on here would've been calling for his head on a platter. Absolutely no idea how to break down a big standard League 2 defence.
No they really wouldn't. This sort of performance at The Hive or away was regularly served up by Martin Allen

What the manager that left us 8th in league two?
ninestein

Crawley closed us down properly and we were forced to hit it long. When we did get the ball in midfield our opponents engaged and were straight into us. We had no rhythm. This is what we have done to other teams. Today we got a taste of our own medicine.

Despite this we still had a few chances, but the real killer right now is the number of goals we are conceding from crosses and set pieces. We have 3 centre backs in there. We have to do better in this respect.

I've heard that Jamie Stephens is back in training. But we do miss Curtis in there. Jack is only lasting 60 mins each week, probably to stop him burning out. Hopefully Santos will be Ok to return either Tues of Sat.
Barnet showing all the flair of Rupert-the-Bears trousers, but lots more style!
beeman

mcleod23 wrote:
beeman wrote:
No they really wouldn't. This sort of performance at The Hive or away was regularly served up by Martin Allen

What the manager that left us 8th in league two?
Really? We were shite under Allen and we would of finished last season in exactly the same way if he was in charge.
Norfolk & Chance

pgbee wrote:
Norfolk & Chance wrote:
pgbee wrote:Yes we have injuries, but the team that plays I expect to show some passion and commitment. Today that was lacking, as was any communication to our player in possession. Two pretty average teams with one of them wanting it more than the other. We are just too lightweight in midfield atm. Foolishly I bought my Coventry ticket before that performance, what a mug!
Ashes will be on soon, not long to wait.
Is that supposed to cheer me up? As we continually try to recover from 40-3....
That might be the score at Lincoln......
Mickbee

Norfolkbee wrote:
Mickbee wrote:

All I can say to that is that MA was very lucky to John Akinde, masked a lot of his short comings.
So by that do I gather that you accept Rossi has shortcomings and no Akinde to dig him out?
Rossi is a young manager and I can see that he has things to learn I hope he does becasue I know who's team I would rather watch. Without JA I think we are copung a lot better than people thought we would, me included. Would MA? we saw what happened to his team when he took JA off vs Kidderminster!
Norfolkbee

Mickbee wrote:
Norfolkbee wrote:
Mickbee wrote:

Rossi is a young manager and I can see that he has things to learn I hope he does becasue I know who's team I would rather watch. Without JA I think we are copung a lot better than people thought we would, me included. Would MA? we saw what happened to his team when he took JA off vs Kidderminster!
Today's performance was a throwback to the darkest days of MA. Totally devoid of ideas against a team that did the simple things without fuss. The trouble is that there are lots of other teams in League 2, who do exactly the same.
gowerfan

Why wasn't Blackman subsituted? He hugged the left wing, blocked off Tutonda and barely broke sweat.

A complete waste of space. We looked as though we were playing with 10 men.

Our season is virtually over and it is still only September. Let's hope we can hang on and avoid relegation and then hope for our 5 or 6 injured players to come back next season so we can make a determined effort. I don't like being negative but we are simply not good enough. No first choice keeper, no full backs, no defensive midfielder, no strikers. How can we compete?
Psycho

Norfolk & Chance wrote:Considering the last few games that was a sound bet, albeit a very painful result.
I cashed out at 90 minutes as I thought we might snatch another equaliser.
Still won a few quid but gutted at yet another late goal to lose the game.
I don't like betting against Barnet but if I hadn't of placed that wager I'd be seething. The draw was around 1/9 which was ridiculous considering the amount of late goals recently. I also went through something which put all the anger into perspective this week. I have my doubts about Rossi that he's just learning the ropes like Hendo. But the injury list is cruel.

Lincoln played with ten men for most of their match today so it's not a shoo-in on Tuesday. We have a chance - they'll be tired too.
LoudmouthBFC

Barnet F.C. 1 v Crawley Town F.C. 2 | Points dropped due to late goals | (23/09/17) Matchday Vlog

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Evf1teBwfK8
BigBee

Too many totally inept performances.
No passion, no spirit, no commitment, no balls, no football, no idea.
Norfolk & Chance

I know what you mean. I occasionally back against us on the basis that I'm happy if we win and if we lose, I win a few quid. I don't see a problem with supporting with my heart and betting with my head occasionally.
gowerfan

Mo team huddle today. Crawley did. Says it all.
Mem Beespod

Crawley (Hive) The "What's Up Doc?" Match Thread

Wow! This board used to have some sense of reality. We still have half our first team out including our best player. Talk of lack of passion is complete BS.

The team's running on fumes. We desperately need fresh legs in the side. There's no sharpness in the side mentally or physically because they've all played a similar number of games with barely any rotation. I saw a side today comprised of several players who have never played so many games in their careers in such a short space of time, who got out pressed and didn't have the legs to keep up.

A week's rest is here nor there when you're like Jack Taylor or Tutonda who've never played 12+ first team games in a row. Or Harry Taylor who's played WB in every game, the most demanding position. Or JCR a 35 year old being asked to press the opposition hard. Even Mauro looked off the pace. He's covered some ground this season.

I like Rossi but he needs to freshen the team up just to get some energy back into the side otherwise we will look sluggish on Tuesday as well.

As for talk of MA, I still haven't seen us lose a game by more than a goal this season. We had regular thumpings under MA and we conceded late goals too.
BeesPod - Best in Non League podcast 2023
https://linktr.ee/beespod

Member of Bring Barnet Back campaign.

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=61557502963938