Derby Time - Let's turn up in numbers

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
eastbarnetsupporter

Derby Time - Let's turn up in numbers

So after a disappointing turn up at the first home game against Luton (where we were significantly outnumbered) I'm hoping for a better turnout this weekend. I know August means many are on holiday, but I don't really buy that.

It's derby day against Stevenage and a great occasion to persuade a football loving friend to come by and soak up the atmosphere in the stands (preferably the West) the bars and if they're hungry, that lovely chicken restaurant. We've made a positive-ish start to the season with everything to play for. I know £19-25 is steep to ask for FL2 football, but hey, once in a while doesn't hurt..

The 680 odd at Brighton yesterday have been praised by all on social media for being great vocal fans, so we have a voice after all and let's bring that back home this Saturday.

Stevenage will probably bring something between 600-1,200 and will most likely be in good voice.

Let's create some noise in the West stand, enjoy our second derby of the season in a row, and get 3 points on the board.

COYB!
rudebwoyben

Re: Derby Time - Let's turn up in numbers

eastbarnetsupporter wrote:So after a disappointing turn up at the first home game against Luton (where we were significantly outnumbered) I'm hoping for a better turnout this weekend. I know August means many are on holiday, but I don't really buy that.

It's derby day against Stevenage and a great occasion to persuade a football loving friend to come by and soak up the atmosphere in the stands (preferably the West) the bars and if they're hungry, that lovely chicken restaurant. We've made a positive-ish start to the season with everything to play for. I know £19-25 is steep to ask for FL2 football, but hey, once in a while doesn't hurt..

The 680 odd at Brighton yesterday have been praised by all on social media for being great vocal fans, so we have a voice after all and let's bring that back home this Saturday.

Stevenage will probably bring something between 600-1,200 and will most likely be in good voice.

Let's create some noise in the West stand, enjoy our second derby of the season in a row, and get 3 points on the board.

COYB!
I would be surprised if Stevenage bring more than 700. They don't travel well and they did not bring any more than that in their previous two visits to the Hive.
BeeArmy

They will have around 500.
mcleod23

Agree on the above, get the support there, the Luton support was a joke. I've got a fair few coming for the first time.
b4life

Looks like the weather on Saturday is going to be nice, also a local derby. I do so hope that we get it right on Saturday and stuff the chavs, we need it and it could help crowds over the long term if the whole experience is good.
Mark Whitelegg
Chair - BFCSA1926
Chesterfield Bee

I was at Brighton yesterday and the atmosphere was fantastic.. ( not sure if the muted John Akinde song would have inspired those on the pitch)
its been mentioned many times on here before..... last night we were all together in a relative small block.... at the Hive we are dispersed far and wide across the ground.. Problem is, I don't have a solution and im not sure if there is one.... a singing section was muted ( pardon the pun) but nothing came out of it...!
formerly Northampton Bee
BurntOakBee

Last night's fantastic and unforgettable atmosphere from the 680 Barnet fans was also aided by the nature of the match. I and I'm guessing most of the fans had zero expectations of a win so we sang that bit louder and screamed more passionately than usual in the hope of an extraordinary result.

Most home matches we expect to win/dominate therefore the atmosphere is more dependent on the players inspiring the fans rather than the opposite scenario which we saw and heard last night.

However with ideal weather forecast and a decent derby game in prospect for Stevenage the fact that new fans would have to pay £25 in the west stand will put lots of casual fans at a loose end off the idea of going leading to a gate of approx 2,500ish.
dawat

I trust that the Stevenage fans will be banned from wearing under wired bras including their female supporters! :D
Iffy

eastbarnetsupporter wrote: Let's create some noise in the West stand, enjoy our second derby of the season in a row, and get 3 points on the board.
Certainly hoping to find some noise by upgrading my membership from the South to the West - how's the atmosphere at the back of block C?
eastbarnetsupporter

Iffy wrote:
eastbarnetsupporter wrote: Let's create some noise in the West stand, enjoy our second derby of the season in a row, and get 3 points on the board.
Certainly hoping to find some noise by upgrading my membership from the South to the West - how's the atmosphere at the back of block C?
Block C and D is where the noise comes from, although it still pales in significance compared to anything I found at Underhill's east stand.

There was a time where we had a song for virtually every player and we'd be singing all game at Underhill, now the best we can muster is 'come on Barnet' when we're on the attack.. that's literally it now.
Iffy

Miss those days, I remember virtually every player would acknowledge their song - was an East Terrace regular at the old girl for many years - always came away from a match with no voice!

Decision has been made though, and I'll be taking my place in row Q of block C from this Saturday!!
mcleod23

Well start it all on Saturday then. People will get behind you.
eastbarnetsupporter

I do try.

To be fair, there is a bunch of younger bees on the top row behind the cameras that always try to make some noise, sometimes works.
Norfolk & Chance

mcleod23 wrote:Well start it all on Saturday then. People will get behind you.
Nobody will get behind Iffy if he's in row Q!
Iffy

Norfolk & Chance wrote:Nobody will get behind Iffy if he's in row Q!
:laugh: :y: