Boreham Wood fun

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
Norfolkbee

Re: Boreham Wood fun

I don't go to all Barnet away games like I used to. However, I generally try to find a non-League game to go to (unless it is the cricket season). If I lived closer to Borehamwood, I would see nothing wrong with taking up this offer. This Saturday I will be at Wisbech Town v Spalding Utd in the FA Cup - a tasty little local derby.
55moth

Norfolkbee wrote:I don't go to all Barnet away games like I used to. However, I generally try to find a non-League game to go to (unless it is the cricket season). If I lived closer to Borehamwood, I would see nothing wrong with taking up this offer. This Saturday I will be at Wisbech Town v Spalding Utd in the FA Cup - a tasty little local derby.
I have to admit that this Saturday I will be at the Peterborough Beer Festival!

Sent from my SM-T230 using Tapatalk
55moth

55moth wrote:
Norfolkbee wrote:I don't go to all Barnet away games like I used to. However, I generally try to find a non-League game to go to (unless it is the cricket season). If I lived closer to Borehamwood, I would see nothing wrong with taking up this offer. This Saturday I will be at Wisbech Town v Spalding Utd in the FA Cup - a tasty little local derby.
I have to admit that this Saturday I will be at the Peterborough Beer Festival!

P'S wrong date ! I'm missing Chavenage for the beer festival!!(that's what responding while watching the Test Match does for you !)

Mem Beespod

hendon4bee wrote:I disagree with the learned Mr Reckless on this one. We are loyal and committed and pay whatever regardless. It is important to try to tempt newbies in so we can brainwash them into the cult somehow. It doesn't cost me any more than I am already paying.

Now I shall be hypocritical. Personally I don't like it when members give their tickets to others to use in their absence. Those who want to come should have to pay something.

best wishes

John
Sorry John! :sad:
BeesPod - Best in Non League podcast 2023
https://linktr.ee/beespod

Member of Bring Barnet Back campaign.

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=61557502963938
barnetpete

hendon4bee wrote:I disagree with the learned Mr Reckless on this one. We are loyal and committed and pay whatever regardless. It is important to try to tempt newbies in so we can brainwash them into the cult somehow. It doesn't cost me any more than I am already paying.

Now I shall be hypocritical. Personally I don't like it when members give their tickets to others to use in their absence. Those who want to come should have to pay something.

best wishes

John
And I'm going to disagree with the learned JPPH. I've paid for my membership, if I can't go, i'd rather someone takes it, buys a beer or burger, adds to the atmosphere, maybe gets hooked and if not just has a day out. Some friends have taken mine, but also an ex manager from work who's come back with his son, bought a shirt etc despite being a chelski fan. I have no issue with passing mine or borrowing others memberships. (Well obviously this is what a friend does not me)

As for the learned Mr Reckels, I disagree with him too, to a point. I'd rather have 5500 in the ground every week, than the 2500 we have. I'd love it to take 45 minutes to get out the car park, the bar to run out of beer and the burger queue to be round the block, I don't really care how that happens (as long as they aren't wearing another clubs shirt -that gets up my goat). Ticket offers should be part of a concerted marketing plan. TK will tell you 'he's tried' but he's never had a long term, joined up, marketing strategy instead relying on last minute, often poorly thought out, knee-jerk, done on the cheap, offers, which he is surprised fails.

Look at his marketing for the 2017 members.....one initial website article followed by one line in a Q&A. Where was the marketing budget thrown at it, social media, leaflets to the whole of Edgware, gimics, freebie merchandise, radio campaigns etc.
Please consider donating, to help disadvantaged Children & Young People in Barnet, https://www.youngbarnetfoundation.org.uk/donate,
Reckless

It's Get my Goat not Get up my Goat it originates from Horse Racing a horse can be kept calm with a goat in the stables....that's probably nonsense but I read it somewhere. Jeff the Ref will know ..I can get on your nerves or do your head in though! X
BeesKnees

I'm with Pete.

I think perhaps it's being viewed from the wrong angle.
If you feel you are getting value for money in return for what you get then why give a stuff what others pay. They haven't got your favourite seat, personal car space or guarantee of the same mates around them. If their presence improves the atmosphere then it is a bonus on your match day experience and means you got better value for money also.

So I'm all for special offers aimed at people who might be tempted to come to a game but stayed away otherwise.

My only disappointment is the club don't do more to persuade them to sign up for a Hive/Barnet membership when they do come.
Norfolk & Chance

Reckless wrote:It's Get my Goat not Get up my Goat it originates from Horse Racing a horse can be kept calm with a goat in the stables....that's probably nonsense but I read it somewhere. Jeff the Ref will know ..I can get on your nerves or do your head in though! X
Quite right. Sea Biscuit had a little pal that kept him calm and happy. And the horse in The Sopranos had a goat to keep her calm before a race. Literally loads of well known sayings come from horse racing.
rudebwoyben

Is this the first time that Borehamwood has been associated with fun?
beew

barnetpete wrote:

best wishes

John
And I'm going to disagree with the learned JPPH. I've paid for my membership, if I can't go, i'd rather someone takes it, buys a beer or burger, adds to the atmosphere, maybe gets hooked and if not just has a day out. Some friends have taken mine, but also an ex manager from work who's come back with his son, bought a shirt etc despite being a chelski fan. I have no issue with passing mine or borrowing others memberships. (Well obviously this is what a friend does not me)

As for the learned Mr Reckels, I disagree with him too, to a point. I'd rather have 5500 in the ground every week, than the 2500 we have. I'd love it to take 45 minutes to get out the car park, the bar to run out of beer and the burger queue to be round the block, I don't really care how that happens (as long as they aren't wearing another clubs shirt -that gets up my goat). Ticket offers should be part of a concerted marketing plan. TK will tell you 'he's tried' but he's never had a long term, joined up, marketing strategy instead relying on last minute, often poorly thought out, knee-jerk, done on the cheap, offers, which he is surprised fails.

Look at his marketing for the 2017 members.....one initial website article followed by one line in a Q&A. Where was the marketing budget thrown at it, social media, leaflets to the whole of Edgware, gimics, freebie merchandise, radio campaigns etc.
I fully agree Pete and I'm guessing your mate is called Nick. My Chelski friend from the 80's and we went to many games together at the Bridge and away in the following 20 years . I've since jumped ship to follow Barnet and by allowing him to bring his young son to the Hive is nothing but good.
barnetpete

[quote="BeesKnees"

My only disappointment is the club don't do more to persuade them to sign up for a Hive/Barnet membership when they do come.[/quote]

Exactly.

And yes beew i was talking about Nick.
Please consider donating, to help disadvantaged Children & Young People in Barnet, https://www.youngbarnetfoundation.org.uk/donate,
Itai-bee

Changing the subject a little.
Premium seats for the Spurs v Chelsea match on Saturday are available at £249.00 not including V.A.T.
Makes my £330.00 Barnet season ticket sound exceptional value.
DerekRocholl

best wishes

John
Based on some of the tight wad comments here I wouldn't be surprised if they are asked to pay handsomely for the perfect seat and car parking spaces of those who feel burdened by the cost of their loyalty.

Surely we have all been around long enough to know these deals are offered from time to time, no one is obliging anyone to be a member and pay full whack.
MCB

Itai-bee wrote:Changing the subject a little.
Premium seats for the Spurs v Chelsea match on Saturday are available at £249.00 not including V.A.T.
Although I've just come through Kings Cross and they are advertising PL games at Wembley for £20.
hoppy

MCB wrote:
Itai-bee wrote:Changing the subject a little.
Although I've just come through Kings Cross and they are advertising PL games at Wembley for £20.
Yes, Spurs are doing some cheap deals for Premier games at Wembley.
Even more reason for us to be innovative in our marketing and promotion of our League 2 matches.