Brighton Away

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
beew

Re: Brighton Away

South_Belfast_Bee wrote:
ShankBee wrote:I got the train down today and 3 trains in a row were cancelled from London Bridge. This happens quite a lot on this line so please bear this in mind if your coming down tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You're not suggesting that Southern Rail aren't up to scratch, are you? :?:

#askeddie..... he's amusing but probably isn't there anymore.
Psycho

Be prepared for potentially a nightmare journey on Southern Fail coming back. They cancel trains like hospital appointments late on. God forbid if it goes to extra-time and penalties.......
BeeBoi1980

Apologies if this has already been asked, but does anyone know for sure if the away bar at the ground is open? I'm confident it will be, the rest of my group are concerned. Thanks.
Cullum92

so how many tickets have we sold?
foxy

Pyscho you aren't really painting a very pretty picture for all us mugs on the train are you?!

What is next.... rain? Or has Grace's now closed down?!

If you are a driving mug... you need to pay £15 to park too!

Mugstastic!
barnetpete

foxy wrote:
Standard prem parking. It was £15 down WHL last year when I drove a mate down who kindly gave me a ticket.
Please consider donating, to help disadvantaged Children & Young People in Barnet, https://www.youngbarnetfoundation.org.uk/donate,
Albion

MCB wrote:
rudebwoyben wrote: Food for Friends and Terre a Terre are both great veggie places in the Laines.
Al Fresco, which is on the seafront near to where the West Pier was, is also worth visiting. These are all restaurants, not pubs!
I'm not a vege, and I will need a beer or two tomorrow!

But have taken the conscious decision to buy an open return rather than an advance which would mean i'd have to leave early if it went to extra time!

So please, go to extra time :laugh:
Never been to The Edinburgh but The Evening Star on Surrey Street is great if you like ales. Otherwise The Prince Albert or the Lord Nelson on Trafalgar Street are good pubs near the station. A bit further afield, I like The Basketmakers, (Gloucester Road) for a couple followed by a burger from err, Burger Brothers on North Road.
foxy

barnetpete wrote:
foxy wrote:
Standard prem parking. It was £15 down WHL last year when I drove a mate down who kindly gave me a ticket.
True - not so standard for L2 Barnet though?!
Albion

ccollis_869 wrote:Those who are driving what are your plans for parking? Are you using the park and ride or parking at Brighton train station and getting train from there?
There is no park and ride today.

You can park next near the Stadium - for £15.. only 6 places left - https://www.seagullstickets.com/en-GB/e ... 9b&type=ba

You can park at Churchill Square car park (BN1 2RT, £4 if you enter after 6pm) - http://www.churchillsquare.com/parking.html or NCP Brighton Theatre, Church Street, BN1 1US which is £5 after 5pm.

Or you can drive to Lewes and park there and get the train. Mountfield Road car park next to the dripping pan is a 2 minute walk to the station and free from 6.

Or try the Downs Hotel in Woodingdean, not far from the stadium and run a minibus to the ground for a few quid. Might be worth ringing to check their doing it tonight though - 01273 390860.
ccollis_869

Albion wrote:
ccollis_869 wrote:Those who are driving what are your plans for parking? Are you using the park and ride or parking at Brighton train station and getting train from there?

You can park next near the Stadium - for £15.. only 6 places left - https://www.seagullstickets.com/en-GB/e ... 9b&type=ba

You can park at Churchill Square car park (BN1 2RT, £4 if you enter after 6pm) - http://www.churchillsquare.com/parking.html or NCP Brighton Theatre, Church Street, BN1 1US which is £5 after 5pm.

Or you can drive to Lewes and park there and get the train. Mountfield Road car park next to the dripping pan is a 2 minute walk to the station and free from 6.

Or try the Downs Hotel in Woodingdean, not far from the stadium and run a minibus to the ground for a few quid. Might be worth ringing to check their doing it tonight though - 01273 390860.
I have seen previously that travel is included in the price of the tickets is that the case today?
MCB

ccollis_869 wrote: I have seen previously that travel is included in the price of the tickets is that the case today?
Definitely not - says so on the ticket.

This feels more like a Division 4 game to me. Do Brighton still have Guy Butters and Adam Virgo playing for them? :?:
Albion

ccollis_869 wrote:
Albion wrote:

I have seen previously that travel is included in the price of the tickets is that the case today?
Nope.
hoofer2

Psycho wrote:Be prepared for potentially a nightmare journey on Southern Fail coming back. They cancel trains like hospital appointments late on. God forbid if it goes to extra-time and penalties.......
Thameslink are better and run trains later too all the up to Luton and beyond and avoids the Waterloo nightmare
lemming3k

Albion wrote:

I've also read North road car park is £4 after 5
mickytee

MCB wrote:Does any trainspotting type people know if a Cheap Day Return London to Falmer will allow a few hours in Brighton stopover prior to the game?
I'm pretty sure you can stop over in Brighton. I'm heading down now on the same ticket and will be stopping off in the Evening Star near Brighton station before heading up to Falmer.

From National Rail website:

'Break of journey is allowed on the outward portion of Off-Peak tickets unless otherwise indicated by a restriction shown against the ticket's validity code and in all cases on the return portion of Off-Peak return tickets.

You may start, break and resume, or end your journey at any intermediate station along the route of travel on Off-Peak tickets unless the ticket restriction for the journey you are making does not allow it. If you intend to start, break and resume, or end your journey at any intermediate station, please call 03457 48 49 50 to check if it is available on your specific journey'.