Luton (Hive) The Giuliano Grazioli Match Thread

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
pokal02

Re: Luton (Hive) The Giuliano Grazioli Match Thread

Excellent performance. Mauro would have been my MoM - won 90% of his tackles. We sit deep sometimes but don't get over-run as we used to under MA.
talldarkslim

Rossi has them playing football and you can see they all want to play for him. Great to see that collection of dross go home unhappy.
buzzinbee

Rossi "We know that Harry Taylor is going to need cosmetic surgery on his face which is poor for us because he'll be out for a while."
http://members.boardhost.com/lutonoutla ... 48902.html

"We're waiting to hear what the x-ray says about Elliott Johnson but it doesn't good.

Luton manager Nathan Jones "It was a real sticky pitch today from the sand and so on. To be honest I think their boy (Elliott Johnson) got injured because of the pitch."
Jimbokav1971

Some times the whole is greater than the sum of it's parts it a saying that I really like.

We are missing a DM and we know it, but at the same time we are set-up in a way that makes us hard to break down just so long as everyone puts a shift in. Don't get me wrong, we will lose soon, but someone is going to have to play very well against us because we don't look the soft touch that we have been for a long time.

Do we miss Big John? Yes, absolutely no doubt about it, but the way we are playing is creating chances for others and to be honest, even if we ignore the possible penalty and the wonderful winner, we should have scored from the gilt-edged chance in the 2nd half.

We started the 1st game without Nelson.
We started the first 2 games without Weston.
We lost both Harry & EJ early today.
We started the 3rd game without Jack.
Big John isn't even in the squad at the moment.

Other players, (Tutonda is a perfect example), seem to be able to come in and slot in for someone else in a variety of positions and we just get on with it. Mauro seems back to his old self whether in the middle or out wide. Shaq really puts in a shift, (just needs to get in the gym so he stays on his feet more). We suddenly seem to have a few different leaders in the team rather than everything being down to Nelse. Stephens seems in absolutely top form, (to such an extent that I don't think I have even seen mention of his kicking). Then we have Jack, Harry and Wes making a big impact on the pitch and others literally queuing up to do the same.

Compare this to us under Nugnet!
antbfc wrote:
"He owes everyone a naked run... His opinion is invalid"
buzzinbee

A few more quotes from Nathan Jones about us and our performance
"I said they (Barnet) would be a surprise package as they work very hard and have a structure about them.

All credit to Barnet though, they're a dangerous side in terms of their counter-attacking – they run, they work and they graft."
Jimbokav1971

buzzinbee wrote:"they run, they work and they graft."
Sounds good to me, (when you add in that we are also playing such a superior brand of football than that which we didn't play under Nugnet).
antbfc wrote:
"He owes everyone a naked run... His opinion is invalid"
Golf Delta

Have a look at Coventry's first goal at Grimsby!! :geahh: :oooops:

http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sp ... 2-coventry
When you're arguing with an idiot, make sure the other person isn't doing the same.
buzzinbee

Jimbokav1971 wrote:
buzzinbee wrote:"they run, they work and they graft."
Sounds good to me, (when you add in that we are also playing such a superior brand of football than that which we didn't play under Nugnet).
That's what RE did with the academy teams and now he has installed into the senior squad.
*Of course he has picked up ways from Fairclough, the Dutch and MA.

GD - saw that earlier :rofl:
O'Brien's second League clean sheet.

The attendance was 3555 at THL
Si1970

That was a goal worth waiting for!

In truth, though, prior to the goal, Jack Taylor had put 4 or 5 passes astray, and looked as if he might be trying too hard. The defence, after the two reshuffles, defended resolutely, although corners do look worrying at times. David T played excellently, and on the few occasions that he lost the ball, he won it back with some tenacious tackling. Mauro was equally hard-working and JCR was, for the most part, a threat to their defence.

My only concern would be the number of balls over the top for Coulthirst to chase. By my reckoning, he won just one of them, which would suggest that this tactic ought to be put to be bed.

As for 'title-chasing' Non-League Loo Earn Town...

Harry Taylor was punched in the face (by their number 3?) and was spitting blood (figuratively and actually) afterwards. It was a sending off, without a shadow of a doubt. I did think that Luton may have been trying to establish a unusual record for injuring a pair of brothers within the one game when they tried to cripple Jack. I'd have to watch that again to determine whether that warranted a red card. They were a nasty bunch over all.

Despite this...a wonderful result and a great goal and celebration.
Golf Delta

When you're arguing with an idiot, make sure the other person isn't doing the same.
StephenM

I thought their fans showed the typical arrogance of a team who believe themselves to be bigger and better than little old Barnet. The tiresome thing of we'll stand where we want and when we're told to sit down it's all the stewards and police that are at fault.

For the quantity they had they were also pretty quiet. Basically a pretty poor bunch all in all. The team were a proper bunch of complainers too, every decision 2 or 3 in the refs ear.

Makes the manor of victory, last minute, so much sweeter.
Mickbee

Well done to very Barnet player great performance without the ball today, we didn't get chance to play some of the paasing football we saw on Tuesday as we had to work hard to stop Luton from playing looked like we would have to settle for a point when Jack let go with that screamer, worthy of winning any game. Special mentions to Jamie Stephens, Mauro Vilhete and Charlie Clough who all had outstanding games. Bad news on the Harry and Elliott injuries hopefully not as bad as feared.
Milkfloat

Luton dominated but did not really create very much. Our ball retention was poor and the number of misplaced passes was verging on the embarrassing. However, very well organised and solid at the back - never thought I'd say that about a Barnet team! - and you are always in with a shout when you can stop the opposition scoring. MOM has to be Stephens for a couple of outstanding saves but all of the defence were excellent.
ninestein

I heard that Harry was taken to Northwick hospital for plastic surgery treatment. The elbow which caught him cut the edge of his mouth and created a cut up towards his cheek.

Not sure about Elliot. I suspect he will be scanned on Monday to see the extent of his injury. At least the August windoe still has 2 weeks to add to the squad if needed.

I could go on about Luton's physical approach but i'd be here all night. Suffice to say we stood up to them, took a few knocks and bruises, and still won. It's those sort of games where we would have fallen short last year. Too many teams bullied us. With the 2 early subs, i thought the side adapted superbly and put in a real shift. Rossi looked pumped up and delighted on the pitch at the end. After the game i was in pecking order and TK just ran in with his arms in the air and shouted 'YESSSS!'. Haven't seen him that happy in ages! Cheers.
Barnet showing all the flair of Rupert-the-Bears trousers, but lots more style!
Itai-bee

Always nice to beat this horrible lot.In the stadium they behave with such arrogance.But it's only when you go onto there fans forum to see how deluded and really arrogant they really are.

Great effort from the whole team.We really put in a shift today.Stephens,Vilhete and our whole defence were excellent.Special mention to Clough,who I thought was brilliant when he came on.