Akinola

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
dpa

Akinola

Note sure if this has been commented upon before. My boss is a Charlton fan and he mentioned this.

http://www.kentlive.news/charlton-athle ... story.html
Mem Beespod

Re: Akinola

It doesn't matter how many times I see this posted up, everything i've seen oF SA makes me question this ever happening.
Beespod - Best in Non League podcast 2023
https://linktr.ee/beespod
Norfolkbee

Mr Smart wrote:It doesn't matter how many times I see this posted up, everything i've seen oF SA makes me question this ever happening.
There is a player there somewhere. It's just a matter of finding it. I suppose, like several others, he suffered from the managerial upheavals.
The question really is: Is he a vital member of the squad as things stand? If the answer is no, then any decent offer should secure services. He gets a fresh start and Barnet make some money.
WinchyBee

Can't wait to see Simeon play after his first pre-season in the Football League. Very talented player, just needs to add more goals and consistency to his game.
Barnetchris

Agreed, there is an excellent player in there, just needs time,whether we give him the time is another thing.
Bee_Forever

I would rather see Amaluzor and Shomotun given a chance. They are younger and have more room to develop.

Still not sure why we signed Simeon given the high calibre of young players we already have playing in his position.

If QPR and Charlton are after him then this would seem to be the ideal time for him to move on.

Next January, can someone please throw Tony's wallet in to one of the deep fat fryers at pecking order?
LoudmouthBFC

Get rid. End of
canbee

Bee_Forever wrote:I would rather see Amaluzor and Shomotun given a chance. They are younger and have more room to develop.

Still not sure why we signed Simeon given the high calibre of young players we already have playing in his position.

If QPR and Charlton are after him then this would seem to be the ideal time for him to move on.

Next January, can someone please throw Tony's wallet in to one of the deep fat fryers at pecking order?
You mean the wallet whose principal use was to buy Santos from Posh and which also acquired Clough from FGR, giving us a centre-back pairing that was instrumental in our not conceding against Swansea and Millwall, and that, with the Admiral, gives us what is surely the best centre-back coverage in a very long time. And even if the jury on this board may be out on Akinola (I think he will flourish this year, but I may be wrong), his signing was viewed by fans of other clubs in Lge 2 as a real coup, and from the looks of it there are other sides in the leagues above us very interested in signing him if we were to let him go. That same cheque book also secured us good back-up coverage for Elliot. Sweeney was always a work in progress when we signed him, but he wasn't expensive and may still work out well. The only clear mistake (for us) was Coulson, but we have already rectified that by selling him to Ebbsfleet. I would have thought the overall balance sheet from TK's January cheque-book gymnastics was well in the black, although all of your posts on this (see e.g. your opening post on the Braintree thread) seem to not mention either Santos or Clough and to speak dismissively of what you term the 'January Fails'.
pgbee

And let's also remember many on here wanted MA to sign SA a couple of years ago...
Masuka

Akinola is like your grandmas biscuit tin full of knitting kit.

Promising but ultimately disappointing.
Once a Bee ALWAYS a Bee
TorME

Masuka wrote:Akinola is like your grandmas biscuit tin full of knitting kit.

Promising but ultimately disappointing.
More promising than the prospects of you doing your naked run?
Sam_BFC

Count me as firmly in the camp of those that are eager to see SA progress with Barnet. A little rough around the edges perhaps but there is surely more to come from him.
cheshbee

He was purchased as a winger yet has not been played as one!!
Give the lad a chance, play him in his obvious best position. Re-evaluate in Jan and if still no improvement he could be moved on then.
I'm on the side that he's a potentially good player and that if we did move him on and his new club played him correctly we would regret getting rid.
ShankBee

Am genuinely perplexed by the bad vibes around SA. I'm not new here, I'm just disappointed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
pgbee

ShankBee wrote:Am genuinely perplexed by the bad vibes around SA. I'm not new here, I'm just disappointed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think everyone's expectations were too high as he'd had rave reviews in the NL.