Stadium Expansion

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
ninestein

Re: Stadium Expansion

TK said a few months ago that if it gets the go ahead, work is likely to start in the summer, but it will be a phased project as the rear of the West Stand will need to get its extension built first so that the directors and media facilities are completed and moved over. That will then pave the way for the East stand to be re-vamped as a terrace. Whether the rest of the building at the South End / car-park / indoor happens at once, who knows?
Barnet showing all the flair of Rupert-the-Bears trousers, but lots more style!
becbee

RichardM wrote:
Iffy wrote:"Car Parking Restrictions - car parking is reserved until 2:30 for registered parking members. After 2:30 both Barnet FC supports & visiting supports an park onsite for £5 per match. This encourages many of those who drive to arrive early therefore spreading the peak."
I don't think this is an accurate description of the match day parking arrangements at The Hive. I pay for reserved parking in the small car park and have never been told that I may find it full if I arrive after 2.30pm. The above statement is inaccurate in that it implies that you only have to pay £5 to park in the main car park if you arrive after 2.30pm. Obviously this is not the case. I think whoever compiled the report totally misunderstood what they were told.
This was discussed some time ago - beginning of either last season? It was shelved.
I pay for the members car park and never arrive before 2.30pm. I have always been able to park.
chesbee

The only time I can think of when it was full was the Gateshead game when a friend of mine who was a member was turned away and had to park some distance away
dpa

JWTBee wrote:
jerroll wrote:
Agewills wrote:I can understand TK wanting to increase 'commercial activities' at The Hive but based on our attendances since we've been there (and those from our time at Underhill) I can't see much point in increasing the capacity by 3,000-odd. I would love us to have increased attendances, but it seems a bit overkill? And are we expecting ticket prices to rise in future seasons to pay for this expansion?
I think from memory it's drivenby wanting to avoid paying capital gains tax on the proceeds from the sale of Underhill
Spot on I believe! It's all about Capital Gains Tax saving!
This may be the case but it may also be designed to make the Hive more attractive to other 'users' to Hire out. We have seen events/ matches take place at the Hive that are unconnected to BFC and a greater capacity may unlock further interest in this area. TK is always thinking of sweating his assets and BFC is merely a tenant of the Hive and will only use the stadium c30 times a year.
eastbarnetsupporter

There is a lot of potential in the hive, most of which are unconnected to BFC.

TK is doing the right thing, and as we've noticed of late, we've been pumping in a lot of money to the clubs kitty. Sure it hasn't gone to plan but Barnet are no longer a poor mans club. We invested heavily in January and in the summer paid a lot for Tarpey.

Long live the hive.
NorthFinchleyBee

I'd agree. 8500 is easily League 1 and dare I say it, possibly Championship on a good day (I'm trying to calm myself down). In terms of the plans I do worry about the parking situation but generally very positive. The new South stand does look very tall, but given it's on a slope away from the entrance, I'm hoping it won't impinge too much if at all on residents. Good comments about trying to make the place attractive and worth staying after the game to lessen the bottleneck straight after. After the Exeter game I was dismayed to find the West stand bar closed - opportunity missed, as lots of people were also checking it out to see if they could have a quick pint after the game, so more thought to these things going forward would be sensible.

I was intrigued about the distribution of fans. The core focus is still Barnet and likely to remain so, but lots in Potters Bar, Finchley/Whetstone and significantly now around the stadium, which is great to see.

Cheers,
ninestein

A reasonable sprinkling of fans just outside the M25, but good that the report acknowledges there are local fans starting to attend too. This is what we need to build on.
Nlites123

I'm in North Oxfordshire and have two memberships - doing what I can to attract the farming community to get to Barnet home games...
BeesKnees

Now I've had some time to look at the plans I hadn't fully grasped the scale of what is being proposed.

The new sports hall isn't behind the North Stand, it fills the corner between the north and East stands and so encloses the ground in that corner.
SportsHall.pdf
(4.08 MiB) Downloaded 689 times
SportsHall3.pdf
(3.19 MiB) Downloaded 616 times
Add to that the new height of the building behind the south stand and I think it reasonable to assume the noise retained in the ground is going to make a large difference to the atmosphere.
southstand.pdf
(4.11 MiB) Downloaded 665 times
pgbee

BeesKnees wrote:Now I've had some time to look at the plans I hadn't fully grasped the scale of what is being proposed.

The new sports hall isn't behind the North Stand, it fills the corner between the north and East stands and so encloses the ground in that corner.
SportsHall.pdf
SportsHall3.pdf
Add to that the new height of the building behind the south stand and I think it reasonable to assume the noise retained in the ground is going to make a large difference to the atmosphere.
southstand.pdf
There has to be some noise generated first...
dpa

Interesting to read some of the objections to the stadium expansion on the Harrow Planning Portal, including one from the much loved Bob Blackman.
MCB

dpa wrote:Interesting to read some of the objections to the stadium expansion on the Harrow Planning Portal, including one from the much loved Bob Blackman.
He's just objecting for the sake of objecting? No reasons for the objection :unsure:

Reminds me I better chase up the £1 million he owes Camden :geahh:
Attachments
Bob.pdf
(563.49 KiB) Downloaded 503 times
ninestein

What a waste of paper and ink...
Tuesds

MCB wrote:
dpa wrote:Interesting to read some of the objections to the stadium expansion on the Harrow Planning Portal, including one from the much loved Bob Blackman.
He's just objecting for the sake of objecting? No reasons for the objection :unsure:

Reminds me I better chase up the £1 million he owes Camden :geahh:
A truly extraordinary letter.
shankbee01

Mental letterhead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk