Stadium Expansion

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
becbee

Re: Stadium Expansion

It's a nonsense because he doesn't even say what his objections are. If he has genuine reason to object then fair enough, let him state his reasons. But it reads like he's purely objecting for the sake of it. How he expects such a letter to be taken seriously is beyond me.
Norfolk & Chance

He refers to residents concerns past and present.

Not all that specific and probably just box ticking re 'supporting' his constituents'.

He will say 'At least I tried'.

It's just politics.
#Beebot

Ah, he opposes the development in the "strongest possible terms" with no further detail given. I'm sure the planning committee will give his thoughts serious consideration.

Also amused at how he (or presumably his PA) typed the whole letter but hand wrote the recipient's name. I've never known anyone to baulk at the sight of their name in printer ink.

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk
MCB

I just wonder why he doesn't use parliamentary headed stationary like all other MP's?

Why use his own featuring his own mug along with several pics of other 'important' tories with so much colour it costs about £14 in printer ink to print out? Is it because he loves to look at his own face so much?
StephenM

Is this a good time to say that I object. Not sure what to but I just do, alright.
BeesKnees

MCB wrote:I just wonder why he doesn't use parliamentary headed stationary like all other MP's?

Why use his own featuring his own mug along with several pics of other 'important' tories with so much colour it costs about £14 in printer ink to print out? Is it because he loves to look at his own face so much?
I'm trying to be careful but cant help thinking he claims design and printing on parliamentary expenses. He probably drives to the printers using his special route.
MCB

BeesKnees wrote:
MCB wrote:I just wonder why he doesn't use parliamentary headed stationary like all other MP's?

I'm trying to be careful but cant help thinking he claims design and printing on parliamentary expenses. He probably drives to the printers using his special route.
Someone should have told him that such picture & colour heavy stationary goes through toners like, well, erm, it's 2016.

Edit - just noticed his 'Office Costs' for the last 6 years hovers around 99-99.94% of his 'maximum' permitted allowance every year (£26,000-£26,850 :doh: )

DerekRocholl

Probably because he wants to spend tax payers money getting his mugshot in front of the electorate so that he is a familiar face when it comes to push out his next batch of election campaign material. From a political standpoint it makes sense for him to do this. Making sense is not something that 5 Jobs Bob achieves very often.
MCB

Got a bunch of letters from Keir Starmer (relating to a local community project rather than Brexit) - all on parliamentary paper.

Looks important, regal, and professional. Seeing Bob, Theresa & Boris (is it them on his paper) would just make me feel revolted. That's not a party thing, if Keir's letterheads had his mug along with Jezza and Sadiq i'd feel equally repulsed - well, slightly less, i'm not here to talk about whether Bob makes you feel a little bit sick or not).
Mikel Bee

Planning committee meets tomorrow evening (30th) at Harrow Civic Centre to decide on these developments. The inspector's recommendation is to grant permission subject to a legal agreement.
ninestein

That's come about all of a sudden...
Do we know what that legal agreement is likely to be?

I noticed that the plans were submitted in two separate entities. One was for the Hive Foundation, which encompasses the new South Stand, conversion of the East to standing and increase in capacity. The other application relates to the academy to include the indoor sports hall facilities.
Barnet showing all the flair of Rupert-the-Bears trousers, but lots more style!
ccollis_869

http://www.harrow.gov.uk/planningsearch ... ments.page

Have you seen seen some of the letters of objection towards the expansion. Apparently our "neo-nazi group" is too much for the local area and our "wembley part ii club" should be demoted to the lowest level of English Football :y:
MCB

Link doesn't work - is it this one?

http://www.harrow.gov.uk/planningsearch ... =P/4485/17
ccollis_869

Yeah thats the one, on the documents tap, there are some interesting "PL Application Incoming Letter of Objection - Redacted" and Web Comments, letters that have been either scanned or entered in from Locals
BGr

Out of five letters of objection:
- 2 are from the same person
- one says fans are neo nazis
- one is from Bob Blackman and gives no reason of objection!

I can’t see it not being passed!