Stadium Expansion

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
ccollis_869

Re: Stadium Expansion

MCB wrote:Trying to work out which document shows the new terracing. Hoping this becomes my new home...

Anyone? I've gone through a lot of them!
Me too! I'm hoping terracing, behind the dugout could improve the atmosphere a lot!
RichardM

ccollis_869 wrote:
MCB wrote:Trying to work out which document shows the new terracing. Hoping this becomes my new home...

Me too! I'm hoping terracing, behind the dugout could improve the atmosphere a lot!
With only 6 rows of seats in the east stand I think the new terracing for standing will be either side of the dugout with none behind it.
ccollis_869

RichardM wrote:
ccollis_869 wrote:

With only 6 rows of seats in the east stand I think the new terracing for standing will be either side of the dugout with none behind it.
What will be where the "directors" area is? I thought that was moving to the West Stand?
Mikel Bee

Looks like the terracing runs along the whole of the pitch. I have a feeling the dugouts will be moved to the West Stand.
Attachments
proposed elevations.pdf
Elevations
(2.28 MiB) Downloaded 1423 times
east stand.pdf
East Stand
(4.09 MiB) Downloaded 1430 times
Agewills

I can understand TK wanting to increase 'commercial activities' at The Hive but based on our attendances since we've been there (and those from our time at Underhill) I can't see much point in increasing the capacity by 3,000-odd. I would love us to have increased attendances, but it seems a bit overkill? And are we expecting ticket prices to rise in future seasons to pay for this expansion?
jerroll

Agewills wrote:I can understand TK wanting to increase 'commercial activities' at The Hive but based on our attendances since we've been there (and those from our time at Underhill) I can't see much point in increasing the capacity by 3,000-odd. I would love us to have increased attendances, but it seems a bit overkill? And are we expecting ticket prices to rise in future seasons to pay for this expansion?
I think from memory it's drivenby wanting to avoid paying capital gains tax on the proceeds from the sale of Underhill
JWTBee

jerroll wrote:
Agewills wrote:I can understand TK wanting to increase 'commercial activities' at The Hive but based on our attendances since we've been there (and those from our time at Underhill) I can't see much point in increasing the capacity by 3,000-odd. I would love us to have increased attendances, but it seems a bit overkill? And are we expecting ticket prices to rise in future seasons to pay for this expansion?
I think from memory it's drivenby wanting to avoid paying capital gains tax on the proceeds from the sale of Underhill
Spot on I believe! It's all about Capital Gains Tax saving!
I love Luisma & really miss his skils!
Tuesds

ccollis_869 wrote:

The side-on illustration suggest it will be safe-standing style terracing, with a barrier for every row. Regardless, if this does go ahead there could be a bit of a marketing opportunity in promoting Barnet's shiny new terrace as 'London's last terrace.' With both Brentford and AFC Wimbledon planning to leave their current homes in the next couple of years, the East Terrace at The Hive could be London's last remaining terrace in the football league (unless I'm forgetting somewhere). Wouldn't exactly have the punters pouring in by itself, but might be something to attract a few groundhoppers, Football Supporters Federation folk when their team's not playing etc. This would also depend on us staying up, too!
OB1
Location: Formerly Block C Underhill - Now block E East stand The Hive

PBBee wrote:Thanks for sharing Mikel.

"The following measures are set out in the existing Travel Plan to promote sustainable travel by supports on Matchdays:

-Car Parking Restrictions - car parking is reserved until 2:30 for registered parking members. After 2:30 both Barnet FC supports & visiting supports an park onsite for £5 per match. This encourages many of those who drive to arrive early therefore spreading the peak."

Surely that does exactly the opposite & makes everyone turn up after 2:30 ie a massive surge. Only a small percentage of fans are registered parking members.
I assume that this refers to the members car park. After 2-30 this can also be used by non members. It’s a bit harsh on someone who pays their £10 per month but can’t be guaranteed a space if they arrive late.
Prediction League Champion 2019/2020
Iffy

"Car Parking Restrictions - car parking is reserved until 2:30 for registered parking members. After 2:30 both Barnet FC supports & visiting supports an park onsite for £5 per match. This encourages many of those who drive to arrive early therefore spreading the peak."

Not happy about this bit, a home game is a 100 mile round trip from Cambridgeshire for me (I know others are even longer). I pay for the members parking so I know there'll be a space regardless of what time I get there. So with this new restriction, a bit of traffic on the A1 and I lose what I pay for and have to pay an extra £5 to park in the main car park?
RichardM

Mikel Bee wrote:

Looks like the terracing runs along the whole of the pitch. I have a feeling the dugouts will be moved to the West Stand.
I think you are correct so nobody will be standing behind the dugouts.
barnet_pls

I actually do not think this is a new rule - but currently exists - however, given the car park is often full, it's not relevant much of the time.
ninestein

I'm assuming this document is a proposal from a 3rd party consultant to offers its support behind the club's application.
This isn't the club's idea, merely a suggestion based on what we have and what we could do, but we could choose to adopt it.
I'm in the same boat, I drive down the A1 from Stotfold, and the traffic can be hit & miss depending on how busy Stirling Corner / Apex Corner are on the day. Sometimes we get to the Hive at 2:30pm, sometimes it's nearer 2:45pm. But if such a measure did come into force, I'll just have to convince the missus that we need to go out and leave her home alone a little earlier.
Barnet showing all the flair of Rupert-the-Bears trousers, but lots more style!
RichardM

Iffy wrote:"Car Parking Restrictions - car parking is reserved until 2:30 for registered parking members. After 2:30 both Barnet FC supports & visiting supports an park onsite for £5 per match. This encourages many of those who drive to arrive early therefore spreading the peak."
I don't think this is an accurate description of the match day parking arrangements at The Hive. I pay for reserved parking in the small car park and have never been told that I may find it full if I arrive after 2.30pm. The above statement is inaccurate in that it implies that you only have to pay £5 to park in the main car park if you arrive after 2.30pm. Obviously this is not the case. I think whoever compiled the report totally misunderstood what they were told.
ccollis_869

When was work due to start on all this work?