Q+A Session

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
MCB

Re: Q+A Session

Of course it should be open to non-members.

So the club can sell them memberships.

Or TK can ask them why they're dedicated enough fans to come to an event like this but don't want to be members.

It's not a disgrace, just short sighted and stupid!

Look forward to the feedback should anyone actually go!
GRH

I wouldn't call it a disgrace either, but it is extremely short sighted. Even if there are genuine concerns about capacity, there were obvious workarounds. Whether that be by splitting the event into two parts - first part in Pecking Order before moving to the away bar, or even embracing technology.

When someone can show the world his progress on Football Manager in his bedroom, you would think that the club could get tonight streamed. They seemed to manage it to show a goalkeeper saving shots in the warm up. In this day and age, someone in Canada or Australia should be able to see what's going on as easy as someone in Camden or Archway.
hoppy

It seems that there have been a few moans on this thread over the past few days regarding non-members being excluded from tonight's Q and A.
Does the Supporters Liaison group still exist? It seems to me that it's a job for them. (Probably a bit late now, though).
Darrenp77

Guiseleybee wrote:
John_c wrote:
Bee_Forever wrote:It's hardly a disgrace is it.

The club is trying to boost members and this is one of the benefits of being one.

As previously mentioned with ticket offers etc the difference in price between members and non members is not that significant so offers like this make it more valuable to be a member.
I do wonder what constitutes a disgrace sometimes. Some people seem to have a very low disgrace threshold.

I do think it's a disgrace and pathetic responses like this totally miss the point.

The evening was originally a kit launch which is no big deal compared to a Q&A with the manager. Of course I'm a very small minority, but there are a small number of loyal fans who travel thousands of miles each season to watch the team play away who no longer live anywhere near Barnet.

For people like me, being a member doesn't make any sense, but at the end of the day its the fans who travel away to follow this club that need to be respected as much as those who just go primarily to home games where clearly the membership makes total sense.

I too remember the occasional Q&A's with John Still for instance at Underhill, I'm sure you could pay/join the supports club in the day to attend, no big deal. To be deemed less important than a Hive gym member who can attend tonight, is a joke, end of.

I am pretty sure that was advertised in the beginning as the official launch night for "Bar 66", with the kit launch added on, it was never just a launch night for the new kits
John_c

We've downgraded from a disgrace to pathetic, then further to a joke? Consistency please!
Proud Sponsor of Luisma Villa Lopez's Football Conference Winning Away Shirt. Season 2014/15

Proud Winner of the Sponsor Marvin Armstrong Shirt Raffle 2023/24

Worlds best Prediction League player
BeeBoi1980

We can't go to the Q&A, we haven't signed anyone, where will the first win come from, prices are too high, my seat is being moved.

Please everybody have some perspective. I'm not saying don't air a complaint when necessary, and to be honest I don't see why non members can't pay to go, but really it's not the end of the world.

This messageboard seems like the HQ of gloom.

We have great facilities, and after 1st July I hope we make some good signings. There is a lot I don't agree with, but really a lot of the time that's just life. A dose of moaning or realism is fine, but lets not dwell on it, there is plenty to be positive about too.

COYB.
John Hunt

It is a disgrace to call it a disgrace.
FCBFCSA Manager / Former committee member of BFCSA and BFCSA1926
John_c

hendon4bee wrote:It is a disgrace to call it a disgrace.
Pathetic
Proud Sponsor of Luisma Villa Lopez's Football Conference Winning Away Shirt. Season 2014/15

Proud Winner of the Sponsor Marvin Armstrong Shirt Raffle 2023/24

Worlds best Prediction League player
John Hunt

:hi:
John_c wrote:
hendon4bee wrote:It is a disgrace to call it a disgrace.
Pathetic
FCBFCSA Manager / Former committee member of BFCSA and BFCSA1926
NoMagRyan

BeeBoi1980 wrote:This messageboard seems like the HQ of gloom.
Well the fixtures are out now, we need to get warmed up for next season.
barnetpete

I blame Andrew Adie.
Please consider donating, to help disadvantaged Children & Young People in Barnet, https://www.youngbarnetfoundation.org.uk/donate,
ShankBee

I'm not a member but think the event should be for members only. It's a perk of being a member.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ETBee

Did we ever establish if the Q&A session will be recorded? If the club doesn't do it could some kind member wind up their smartphone please?

Ta
LadyBee

Pecking Order already pretty full and they are expecting 300 tonight. I guess that's why they couldn't sell tickets or open up to all.
GRH

ShankBee wrote:I'm not a member but think the event should be for members only. It's a perk of being a member.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
A Q&A session with the Barnet manager should be for members only? Members of the fucking Gym have more right to that than supporters that aren't members but spend hundreds of pounds a year following their team.

If we are seriously saying that then I think that I've got to the point that I give up.