Pearson Relesed

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
Mikel Bee

Re: Pearson Relesed

hoppy wrote:I'm puzzled. Who has released Pearson? Our temporary fill-in manager? TK? Or have we appointed a new manager?
Most likely James Thorne. This was from the OS when he became HoF.

"He will have responsibility for all future football appointments, player and coaching, for both Barnet FC and the London Bees.”
hoofer2

I love the passion and commitment of Gash and we missed his goal contributions,
but his fitness was a question - not just with regard to injury but also match fitness.

It took a while before he actually started a game for the Bees when he first came to us and was something that MA had expressed
a concern about. If we are committing to a flowing game, which I expect we will, history for ACLs shows that even more pace is lost
post injury and I anticipate this may have been a factor in Gash's release. I do hope the club will at least aid Gash's recovery from injury,
but anticipate this will be covered by an insurance policy.

One thing that is interesting is the number of players in recovery eating chicken and chips in Pecking Order. This is not

With regard to Pearson, I expect he has intentions at a higher level subject to fitness. If it is clear he sees his future elsewhere,
get a

We need a fully fit squad from the start of the season, MA was guilty season on season of signing players who were already carrying
injuries and play no part in pre-season match conditioning.

I wish Gash, Batt and Pearson all the best.
Bee_Forever

Could have done with a bit more context from the club around their thinking in releasing these players.

Pearson is now fit suffered a one off injury and is the best right back we've had since peak hendo so a strange decision to release him.

Gash had injury issues before the ACL tear so not surprised the club unwilling to gamble on his fitness.

Batt on the other hand...

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
hoofer2

Bee_Forever wrote:Could have done with a bit more context from the club around their thinking in releasing these players.

Pearson is now fit suffered a one off injury and is the best right back we've had since peak hendo so a strange decision to release him.

Gash had injury issues before the ACL tear so not surprised the club unwilling to gamble on his fitness.

Batt on the other hand...

Why do we need to know the context other than the Club have released 3 injured players?

I personally do not need to hear the thought process behind every decision at the Club, though it would be interesting
to know where chickens are procured from farm to fork...
Bee_Forever

We have seen how reactive the club are to negative feedback. It would be good to see them getting on the front foot for once.

Otherwise you end up in three months time with TK saying.... "there was a lot of negativity around the decision to [insert decision] what supporters do not understand is that [insert hitherto unreleased information justifying decision]

WinchyBee

Good luck to Batt, can't say he didn't give everything every single time he stepped onto the pitch which is more you can say about 'more talented' players who have played for us in recent years.
dawat

For different reasons may I wish Batt, Gash and Pearson all the best on their future football careers. I am sure they will all be successful!
hoofer2

This is on Lisbie's wiki page - even back of the queue for chicken:
Lisbie.PNG
Lisbie.PNG (4.36 KiB) Viewed 1694 times
Psycho

I wasn't too happy when we signed James Pearson after some off-field controversy but he soon won me over with some fantastic displays towards the end of last season. Like the other two I feel a degree of sympathy for them to be booted out after terrible injuries but wish them all the best for the future. I think Pearson is certainly capable of playing Championship football.
BeardyBee

Batt I think everyone understands. Lovely guy, but right move for barnet.

Gash I can kind of understand but think it's wrong. The way we play, Gashy will not get gametime ahead of akinde and is not suitable to play behind the striker. But if akinde goes this summer ( I think he will), then having a decent back up just in case the replacement doesn't work out is vital.

Pearson I completely don't understand. Once fit he should be one of the first names on the team sheet. Definitely above league 2 standard. However, why didn't we take up the option and potentially get a transfer fee for him?? On the flip side, I wouldn't say he's in the limelight whereby there are lots of clubs after him, so don't think it's for a club higher up. Homesick?! He has a sister in London, so that may have helped settle him. This must have more than it seems...

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk