Why did we hire Nugent?

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
Norfolkbee

Re: Why did we hire Nugent?

gowerfan wrote:What you have to remember is that TK is a businessman and knows very little about football. He goes to others for advice so we can hardly blame him when things go wrong. Those January signings were bizarre. We must be the only club to go out and spend £100k on a player and then sink like a stone.
Would be interesting to know if all or part of that £100k was in lieu of Posh signing Matty Stevens. I don't expect that I'm the only one who thinks it was.
Last edited by Norfolkbee on 21 Mar 2017, 17:20, edited 1 time in total.
jerroll

Norfolkbee wrote:
gowerfan wrote:What you have to remember is that TK is a businessman and knows very little about football. He goes to others for advice so we can hardly blame him when things go wrong. Those January signings were bizarre. We must be the only club to go out and spend £100k on a player and then sink like a stone.
Would be interesting to know if all or part of that £100k was in lieu of Posh signing. I don't expect that I'm the only one who thinks it was.
Mathew Stevens tribunal never disclosed!
pgbee

He's been our chairman for however long it is, you'd think he'd have some idea by now, or at least change his advisers..
Jimbokav1971

gowerfan wrote:We must be the only club to go out and spend £100k on a player and then sink like a stone.
If we ignore Eastleigh then yes,
antbfc wrote:
"He owes everyone a naked run... His opinion is invalid"
StephenM

Jimbokav1971 wrote:
gowerfan wrote:We must be the only club to go out and spend £100k on a player and then sink like a stone.
If we ignore Eastleigh then yes,
Leeds spent a little more than £100k a few years back and I think their sinking from a Champions League semi final is potentially on a par with Barnet's season since January.
JWTBee

We could do a lot worse! I was always hoping that he would be MA's assistant.
I love Luisma & really miss his skils!