Underhill Floodlights

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
ShankBee

Re: Underhill Floodlights

I don't know why but I loved that extra bright bulb at Underhill.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ricardobee

Beckham's dad worked on the ovens in the Durham Suite.
ricardobee

Bright floodlight guided the poor old buggers to their seats in the main stand, some of them got lost!
amberforever

I recall on the East Terrace a collection being made in an outstretched blanket with people throwing coins in as they went past, or maybe it was to buy a player?
hhbee

I'm sure they paid for Roy Clayton with a blanket collection.

He was quality.... not
pgbee

hhbee wrote:I'm sure they paid for Roy Clayton with a blanket collection.

He was quality.... not
His quality was in his moustache.
Norfolkbee

I can remember Scotty McGleish using his electrian's skills to switch the lights on one festive Bank Holiday because the match was played early and they were out of sync with the electricity board's timings.
Strangely enough, around the same time I went to a match involving Wisbech Town and a similar thing happened. Luckily one of their players was a trained sparks and was able to break the seal and change the timers.
Reckless

I carried the blanket round for Roy one occasion.....people contributed but the verbal abuse from the West Bank and the Popular Side was painful. The SA got ladies to do it after that I recall
Clayton was going to be Barry Fry's secret weapon but it didn't work out. He was a seriously nice guy and had scored a shed full at Kettering but it took him about 9 games to score fir us and then got three in four games or something then went about fifteen before scoring again which was against his old club when we lost 1-4. Seven goals all season was not worth the £4,000 we paid! Loved those times as one of the 5-600 fans if that - living on the edge not knowing whether we could get a team together each week. Makes me wonder why we did it. You and try and tell the youngsters today.....They won't believe you.
Norfolkbee

Reckless wrote:I carried the blanket round for Roy one occasion.....people contributed but the verbal abuse from the West Bank and the Popular Side was painful. The SA got ladies to do it after that I recall
Clayton was going to be Barry Fry's secret weapon but it didn't work out. He was a seriously nice guy and had scored a shed full at Kettering but it took him about 9 games to score fir us and then got three in four games or something then went about fifteen before scoring again which was against his old club when we lost 1-4. Seven goals all season was not worth the £4,000 we paid! Loved those times as one of the 5-600 fans if that - living on the edge not knowing whether we could get a team together each week. Makes me wonder why we did it. You and try and tell the youngsters today.....They won't believe you.
This was up there with collecting hundreds of Coca-Cola vouchers so PF could waste them by shelling out for Anthony Charles!
torontobee

Reckless wrote:I carried the blanket round for Roy one occasion.....people contributed but the verbal abuse from the West Bank and the Popular Side was painful. The SA got ladies to do it after that I recall
At least you weren't selling jackpot tickets at 10p each (or was it 5p?) :laugh:
amberforever

ricardobee wrote:Beckham's dad worked on the ovens in the Durham Suite.
Burn it like Beckham :**: