Allen sacked

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
hobbitbee

Re: Allen sacked

People are saying that MA did well with Barnet 'until recently'. I was under the impression that we were 8th in the table when he left for Eastleigh. Wouldn't that count as 'doing well'?
Itai-bee

I think Allen's time at Eastleigh will leave their fans with everlasting psycological scars.
In future years,whenever Eastleigh make a approach for a Barnet player in the transfer market.You will be able to hear the Eastleigh fans scream,NO,NO,Please NO.
hobbitbee

I thought that, during this spell, MA had realised that jumping from club to club wasn't very good for him and his career and had settled down at Barnet for a long term spell as manager. I must admit that I was really shocked when he left. I imagine that he greatly regrets it now. However, I don't feel resentful towards him. I wish him good luck in the future.
Jimbokav1971

I don't hate MA.

When he left this time it didn't seem the same as when he had jumped ship previously, (even though it is exactly the same).

I wasn't happy about the style of football being played, (and I don't think I was alone), and there seemed to be a growing negativity towards MA from fans I spoke to.

At the same time, he got us promoted and helped us to a comfortable league position and that shouldn't be ignored.

The most serious indictment I can aim at him is that somehow, despite all his years in the game, after watching Jack Taylor train every day, (and I assume he watched him play matches too), he thought that he was not good enough to even be a squad player and deserved to be shipped out to H&RBFC. I'm a bit astonished to be honest. Even if he thought he didn't deserve to start games, surely with the players we had he was deserving of a spot on the bench occasionally?

How the majority of us fans view his ability as a footballer and how MA obviously viewed him asks serious questions about MA's ability to do the job on some basic level. Either that and we are all wrong and Jack is actually bang-average. (I think not). When you see Henry and Rossi make the change immediately and with such instant results in terms of Jack's performances, seriously begs the question of why he was discarded so flippantly by MA. I think he is good at what he does, but within very restricted and narrow parameters and I think football is not always as easily controlled as MA would like it to be.

When you then look at the players that he took to Eastleigh from us, and it seems stranger still.

It has often been said that he relied heavily on a few different Assistants and maybe that's the issue, (or he stopped listening).

I wish him all the best wherever he ends up, but sometimes I'm not sure anyone will be fighting to offer him a job right now.
antbfc wrote:
"He owes everyone a naked run... His opinion is invalid"
b4life

So Eastleigh sack a manager they paid good money for when he hasn't even had a full season in charge to make the team his own. True he brought in a few players from us but that's hardly a team of his own. MA is a proven manager at that level. Things don't go well and they sack him after only a few months. I think that says much more about the idiot chairman than about MA. I am sure he would have turned it around in time at Eastleigh. They really deserve all they get, the chairman is a moron and I feel sorry for all the fans of Eastleigh, they seem like the national league version of Borient.

I have no animosity towards MA at all, he did good for us but probably had reached the end of what he could do for us. It happens, we all move on. Ma will get another job, if he wants it.
Mark Whitelegg
Chair - BFCSA1926
BeesKnees

hobbitbee wrote:People are saying that MA did well with Barnet 'until recently'. I was under the impression that we were 8th in the table when he left for Eastleigh. Wouldn't that count as 'doing well'?
10th when he left, which was his highest position after the table settled down. Average position 13th.
RichardM

b4life wrote:So Eastleigh sack a manager they paid good money for when he hasn't even had a full season in charge to make the team his own. True he brought in a few players from us but that's hardly a team of his own. MA is a proven manager at that level. Things don't go well and they sack him after only a few months. I think that says much more about the idiot chairman than about MA. I am sure he would have turned it around in time at Eastleigh. They really deserve all they get, the chairman is a moron and I feel sorry for all the fans of Eastleigh, they seem like the national league version of Borient.

I have no animosity towards MA at all, he did good for us but probably had reached the end of what he could do for us. It happens, we all move on. Ma will get another job, if he wants it.
You have put in words exactly how I feel about the Eastleigh debacle.
Monsieur Abeille

You know what you get when signing MA. While laughing at Eastleigh for very poor judgement, I hope MA gets a great payoff. As others have said he may not be the most reliable, but he did save us from relegation and got us out of the conference and so we should have some gratitude. Glad he left when he did mind.
X-Bumble

RichardM wrote:
b4life wrote:So Eastleigh sack a manager they paid good money for when he hasn't even had a full season in charge to make the team his own. True he brought in a few players from us but that's hardly a team of his own. MA is a proven manager at that level. Things don't go well and they sack him after only a few months. I think that says much more about the idiot chairman than about MA. I am sure he would have turned it around in time at Eastleigh. They really deserve all they get, the chairman is a moron and I feel sorry for all the fans of Eastleigh, they seem like the national league version of Borient.

You have put in words exactly how I feel about the Eastleigh debacle.
Me too - well said, b4.
MCB

As Steve Evans and Graham Westley have shown there will anyways be a market for effective managers at this level irrespective of their baggage.

Should MA wish to return to managing he will do, wouldn't surprise me to see him facing us again this season.

Mind you the last time I spoke to him he was more interested in my allotment than footballing views so maybe a change of direction is impending.
tonbridgebee

There is no hatred towards MA from me, he identified what he needed to get us up to League 2 again, it worked and here we are. I think he was naïve to think there was enough at Eastleigh as a base to build upon to get them in contention for promotion next season, that base was already built here and he added the right ingredients to finish the job.

I saw Eastleigh earlier this year under Ronnie Moore and whilst playing a poor Maidstone Utd side who were admittedly set up completely wrong, they still looked a club trying to be something they're not.

MA has no history of working with money available for big signings, and that's showed in the money lavished on fees and wages for players pretty much best beyond top performances week in, week out.

In a world where managers and potential managers are in abundance, if many view it a lack of ambition to drop from a comfortable League 2 club to a National League club desperate to escape whatever the means and cost, MA may never get a full time job again, fire-fighting might the only offers available.

You have to wish good luck to whoever takes the job, quite a shower to sort out to stay in the National League!
becbee

Compare the squad which played in MA's final match on Tuesday to the one on 29th November - less than 3 months ago and just before MA's appointment. Only Stearn started both matches, Constable played in both as sub /starter, Wilson was a playing sub in both. 3 out of squads of 18. One thing for a new manager to bring in new players, but such a turnover in under 3 months - plus a drop in league position from 9th to 15th. Plus dire football, all that money lost on Bondz and he got rid of Green who was a club favourite ( yesterday reinstated). MA couldn't have done much worse if he'd done it deliberately.
X-Bumble

It seems that their Chairman was forcing him to sell players to cut the wage bill. I'm assuming that never came up at the job interview.
BeeBoi1980

Surely the path is clear for a return, for a rescue, the Foxes await you Mad Dog.
pgbee

BeeBoi1980 wrote:Surely the path is clear for a return, for a rescue, the Foxes await you Mad Dog.
Beat me to it....