Free tickets for Portsmouth match

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
antbfc

Re: Free tickets for Portsmouth match

spot on
mcleod23

It's a free ticket offer. Can't win with some people. Get the tickets, get them to friends and give another opportunity to show what the club can do on a matchday.
wearebees

barnet_pls wrote:Waerebee will forward the email, if you can use it ?
That would be brilliant, thank you. Sounds like I'd need your date of birth though to obtain it? If you or anyone is able to get me one ticket, would be very much appreciated.
Si1970

I'm a member, in the East Stand, but haven't received any emails. I would happily take a free ticket, as I have a friend who wants to join me and my family, but it would have to be in the East. If anyone could help out, I'd be very grateful.
Tynant14

You can please some of the people some of the time but not all of them all the time.
I have been a BFC supporter for many years and nothing has changed. No matter what the club do there will always be the people who will moan. Why not put your effort into supporting the team and not into moaning.
You may have a regular seat but this promotion is to encourage others to come along and try the BFC experience,
JUST STOP MOANING!!!!! :bash:
BeesKnees

Tynant14 wrote:You can please some of the people some of the time but not all of them all the time.
I have been a BFC supporter for many years and nothing has changed. No matter what the club do there will always be the people who will moan. Why not put your effort into supporting the team and not into moaning.
You may have a regular seat but this promotion is to encourage others to come along and try the BFC experience,
JUST STOP MOANING!!!!! :bash:
Im fairly sure that people can moan and it doesn't reduce the effort they put into supporting the team.

My last 4 games have cost me the price of one ticket so no complaint from me.
pauln50

I have been given two tickets but email says to collect between 12 & 1. Is that really necessary? Can't drink cos I drive from bedford and only eat organic so can't eat there.
barnetpete

Yes, because otherwise everyone would leave it until 2-3 and the queue would be massive. Plus during that time those who have paid for a ticket may need to queue up. It's a lot of tickets to get through for a small ticket office team.
Plus as a way of gaining something back for offering FREE tickets, the club might just hope they make a few pounds in sales of food, drink, merchandise.

Plus think of the time, say on avearsge people pick up tickets in 2s, so that's potentially 500 interactions. If on average it's 30 seconds to say hello, take a name and search through 500 envelopes that's 250 minutes, with 4 staff that's still 62.5minutes - aka an hour of solid time to give out FREE tickets.
Please consider donating, to help disadvantaged Children & Young People in Barnet, https://www.youngbarnetfoundation.org.uk/donate,
pauln50

Oh well I will reply in morning and ask them to give them to someone else and buy a ticket. I would have to leave bedford too early and can't hang around all that time with my health issues
becbee

Maybe then you could try coming later and actually paying for admission?
To bee or not to bee

becbee wrote:Maybe then you could try coming later and actually paying for admission?
Well said.
pauln50

Please read more carefully. I said I would buy a ticket in last post. I am a hive member after three seasons as a full member. Health reasons which have been mentioned on here in the past prevent me from drinking alcohol eating processed food and standing around for long periods in the cold. I just thought I might get a free ticket as a bonus. I will buy one for this game as I usually do. Duck me!
BeesKnees

becbee wrote:Maybe then you could try coming later and actually paying for admission?
Why does these free tickets bother you so much?
I thought you would appreciate a bit of atmosphere generated by a bigger crowd.
BeesKnees

pauln50 wrote:Please read more carefully. I said I would buy a ticket in last post. I am a hive member after three seasons as a full member. Health reasons which have been mentioned on here in the past prevent me from drinking alcohol eating processed food and standing around for long periods in the cold. I just thought I might get a free ticket as a bonus. I will buy one for this game as I usually do. Duck me!
Ignore them.
It's good that you are able to come to games. Perhaps a call to the club is worth a try. I was able to collect at 2:30 last time after explaining it wasn't possible for me to arrive earlier.
beew

I see Portsmouth have been allocated another 600 tickets, which must be in F & G. Good news indeed but a little late, why they didn't announce this last Thursday is beyond me. Which will now mean all the free tickets will be in the south stand and west A-E. Could we be looking at a record crowd at the Hive?