BFC looking for new press officer

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
RichardM

Re: BFC looking for new press officer

Jimbokav1971 wrote:We don't get updates on the U18's FInal or the U23's Semi, but...... I can't actually believe I am writing this...... he is giving us twitter updates on the Nigeria v Senegal game.

:doh:
I'm starting to feel a bit sorry for the bloke if I'm honest.
I'm not.
Jimbokav1971

I've un-followed the club on Twitter.

There is just no point so I give up. :nonono:

Chicken, Comedy and International Football? Not a problem.

Anything actually Barnet FC related non-existent.
antbfc wrote:
"He owes everyone a naked run... His opinion is invalid"
jerroll

more chicken related news

63 - SUB: Change for Senegal
15 NGUETTE Off 10 MANE On
MCB

jerroll wrote:more chicken related news

63 - SUB: Change for Senegal
15 NGUETTE Off 10 MANE On
You implying they are serving horse? :unsure:
jerroll

nugget off
John Hunt

If the Nuggets are off Mr Erroll get the health inspector in.

I await a campaign to sack the chef here...
FCBFCSA Manager / Former committee member of BFCSA and BFCSA1926
X-Bumble

hendon4bee wrote:Do none of you ever vent about your bosses? Even if you are self employed do you not vent about your customers?

I am not defending what he has done but people make mistakes.
Yes, but we don't broadcast them across a public radio station. Nor do we ask someone if the microphone is recording, find out that it is recording, and then proceed to continue that conversation afterwards.

Moaning to your mate over the water cooler is one thing. Having your Press Officer (of all people) doing what he did is indefensible.
Last edited by X-Bumble on 24 Mar 2017, 10:02, edited 1 time in total.
jerroll

hendon4bee wrote:If the Nuggets are off Mr Erroll get the health inspector in.

I await a campaign to sack the chef here...
nguette was a senegal player!
BeeBoi1980

X-Bumble wrote:
hendon4bee wrote:Do none of you ever vent about your bosses? Even if you are self employed do you not vent about your customers?

Yes, but we don't broadcast them across a public radio station. Nor do we ask someone if the microphone is recording, find out that it is recording, and then proceed to continue that conversation afterwards.

Moaning to your mate over the water cooler is one thing. Having your Press Officer (of all people) doing what he did is indefensible.
I wouldn't say it's indefensible. If that were the case then I'm in real trouble. What I would say is that to openly express that opinion (and I don't mean on air, I mean in the workplace in general) two weeks into a job suggests you can't really be bothered with it. The astute individual would show a level of commitment and application to further themselves either internally or externally. To outwardly express this opinion and work ethic in the early stages isn't encouraging. I wouldn't want to contribute to such an individual losing their job though, generally they achieve that all by themselves so it's best to stay out of it.
BeesKnees

X-Bumble wrote:

How many people do you think were listening to Barnet Player at a time when it's not meant to be available?

The guy is an idiot, but I also suspect you were his sole audience.
StephenM

BeeBoi1980 wrote:
X-Bumble wrote:
becbee wrote:X Bumble - have you brought this matter to the attention of TK? I think you should.

£18,000 pa is a derisory salary, however Steve took the job in the first place knowing that that was the rate of pay. By all accounts it doesn't even sound like he's earning the £18,000. If by his own admission, he's only intending to do the bare minimum then we should get rid. Then re-advertise the job at a decent salary, that way we should at least be more likely to get some decent applicants who are prepared to do a decent job.

Also he can't be very bright if he thinks it's a good idea to bitch about the Chairman? The man who's paying his salary.
Yep, I have emailed the club about it.

And by the way, this is not bullying. This is defending my club. Do you think that Ron Atkinson was being bullied when he was picked up on a mic using racist language? - what about Big Sam, was he bullied? - of course not.

This new guy and Will Evans have been caught with their pants down, and they have to face the consequences of that.
If let unchecked, they could spread negativity and discourse throughout the club. This is not acceptable behaviour.

I was shocked as I listened to their endless bitching for about 10 mins where they just tore the club and certain staff members to shreds.

Bullying indeed - who wants a Press Officer, who's job it is to promote the club, to be heard on the club's own radio station bitching and slagging of the very company he works for.

Both of them need to be dealt with, and both owe an apology to the club and it's supporters. I'm sure I am not the only one who heard this tirade - it was being broadcasted to everyone!
Does the club ever reply to emails (serious question)? I emailed them back about the Yeovil free ticket offer and got no reply (meaning I had to pay for the 4 non-Barnet fans who I had told could come for free). then when I emailed them about the lack of reply, I got no reply. Shoddy!
Just out of interest, an obviously completely unrelated, do you own a phone?
StephenM

BeeBoi1980 wrote:
X-Bumble wrote:
becbee wrote:X Bumble - have you brought this matter to the attention of TK? I think you should.

£18,000 pa is a derisory salary, however Steve took the job in the first place knowing that that was the rate of pay. By all accounts it doesn't even sound like he's earning the £18,000. If by his own admission, he's only intending to do the bare minimum then we should get rid. Then re-advertise the job at a decent salary, that way we should at least be more likely to get some decent applicants who are prepared to do a decent job.

Also he can't be very bright if he thinks it's a good idea to bitch about the Chairman? The man who's paying his salary.
Yep, I have emailed the club about it.

And by the way, this is not bullying. This is defending my club. Do you think that Ron Atkinson was being bullied when he was picked up on a mic using racist language? - what about Big Sam, was he bullied? - of course not.

This new guy and Will Evans have been caught with their pants down, and they have to face the consequences of that.
If let unchecked, they could spread negativity and discourse throughout the club. This is not acceptable behaviour.

I was shocked as I listened to their endless bitching for about 10 mins where they just tore the club and certain staff members to shreds.

Bullying indeed - who wants a Press Officer, who's job it is to promote the club, to be heard on the club's own radio station bitching and slagging of the very company he works for.

Both of them need to be dealt with, and both owe an apology to the club and it's supporters. I'm sure I am not the only one who heard this tirade - it was being broadcasted to everyone!
Does the club ever reply to emails (serious question)? I emailed them back about the Yeovil free ticket offer and got no reply (meaning I had to pay for the 4 non-Barnet fans who I had told could come for free). then when I emailed them about the lack of reply, I got no reply. Shoddy!
Just out of interest, an obviously completely unrelated, do you own a phone?
StephenM

BeesKnees wrote:
X-Bumble wrote:

How many people do you think were listening to Barnet Player at a time when it's not meant to be available?

The guy is an idiot, but I also suspect you were his sole audience.
Big Ron wasn't meant to be heard but he was. It's no excuse.
John Hunt

Big Ron's rant was racist.
FCBFCSA Manager / Former committee member of BFCSA and BFCSA1926
StephenM

hendon4bee wrote:Big Ron's rant was racist.
And this is criticising your employer in a public place which in any industry is a disciplinary offence. Even if it wasn't meant to be streamed, it was.