Ark Academy

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
barnetpete

Re: Ark Academy

I note they still have the pub shown as a retail space on the plans, despite it having been replaced by those 6 over priced houses.
Please consider donating, to help disadvantaged Children & Young People in Barnet, https://www.youngbarnetfoundation.org.uk/donate,
miguelito

barnetpete wrote:I note they still have the pub shown as a retail space on the plans, despite it having been replaced by those 6 over priced houses.
Indeed; in the plans the road is widened & moves closer to to those houses too. I bet they'll be delighted.
"Oh my god, he's attacking them!"
BEEGONE

Was it ever worked out how many houses TK owned around the ground?
hoppy

IT seems that the Conservative Barnet Council is attempting to rush through the Planning Meeting which is needed to hear the proposals and objections to the building of a 1200pupil school on the site of Underhill Stadium.
Only 8 days notice has been given for this Meeting (25th October) and many residents who had indicated a desire to attend and speak at the Planning Meeting have not been notified of it. This Meeting has also been scheduled to take place during half-term when many interested parties would not be able to attend.
Meantime Ark Academy has already assumed it is going to get the green light (despite huge objections) and has appointed a Head Master for the new school.
ETBee

There's no way this won't go ahead. Ark are incredibly rich and include Lord Fink as a founder on their board who is treasurer to the Tory party and one of their biggest donors - £2.6m. He has already admitted that he is involved in tax avoidance schemes and, indeed, Ark's profits (and make no mistake Ark are in this for profit) are salted offshore.

It doesn't affect me directly but Ark's philosophy is to minimise the number of teachers and automate teaching. There was a very interesting programme on BBC 2 this week called Billion Dollar Deals and How They Changed Your World which covered the automation of teaching. One teacher to 75 pupils with their every action monitored remotely. Scary, really 1984 stuff. The other episodes of the programme are also fascinating.

If only the Underhill locals had not blocked the second stadium........
eastbarnetsupporter

How did the local residents around Underhill not realise something like this would substitute the ground if Barnet FC left?

Did they think it would just be turned into a park or something? It was always going to be either a school, more housing or a business park/shopping centre, all of which brings hundreds if not thousands of visitors daily and is a 24/7 thing rather than a football match for 3 hours once every two weeks.

Was this point not raised to the residents at the time? That South Underhill was the lesser of two evils.

I don't get the big deal with a football ground nearby, it's once every two weeks (and then off for a few months in summer) and Underhill had been there for over 100 years... Even the residents at the Hive we're complaining about the light distressing their kids at night (give over..) whilst forgetting that a train goes past their window every 3 minutes and is much more disturbing. The area around The Hive is a bland and very forgetful suburban area, they should be thanking us for giving them a world class facility and employment opportunities.

Karma for the residents who opposed South Underhill, I hope they get Ark on their doorstep.
John_c

It's clearly a done deal.

I assume the local residents aren't so important to the Barnet Tories any more? Funny that...

Are the next elections next year?
Proud Sponsor of Luisma Villa Lopez's Football Conference Winning Away Shirt. Season 2014/15

Proud Winner of the Sponsor Marvin Armstrong Shirt Raffle 2023/24

Worlds best Prediction League player
rudebwoyben

The local elections in London in which ward seats will be contested will indeed be in May 2018!
The Tories have a majority of 1 in Barnet..
pauln50

eastbarnetsupporter wrote:
Even the residents at the Hive we're complaining about the light distressing their kids at night (give over..) whilst forgetting that a train goes past their window every 3 minutes and is much more disturbing.

Wasn't it the birds waking up they were concerned about!! :laugh: :laugh:
alexbach

Well said eastbarnet.some camrose avenue folk are happy that derelict land of the former Laing's factory now gives a nice walk to canon's park.previously undesirable s hung around there

Sent from my 5051X using Tapatalk
eastbarnetsupporter

alexbach wrote:Well said eastbarnet.some camrose avenue folk are happy that derelict land of the former Laing's factory now gives a nice walk to canon's park.previously undesirable s hung around thereImage

Sent from my 5051X using Tapatalk
I can imagine that was the case previously.

Sure, match day gets congested for local residents and parking, but it's for a 2 hour period once every two weeks, move on.
hoppy

It's not all cut and dried yet.
Sadiq Khan will be reviewing the LB of Barnet's planning decision on 12th December.
Last edited by hoppy on 27 Nov 2017, 09:19, edited 1 time in total.
BeeBee

ETBee wrote:There's no way this won't go ahead. Ark are incredibly rich and include Lord Fink as a founder on their board who is treasurer to the Tory party and one of their biggest donors - £2.6m. He has already admitted that he is involved in tax avoidance schemes and, indeed, Ark's profits (and make no mistake Ark are in this for profit) are salted offshore.

It doesn't affect me directly but Ark's philosophy is to minimise the number of teachers and automate teaching. There was a very interesting programme on BBC 2 this week called Billion Dollar Deals and How They Changed Your World which covered the automation of teaching. One teacher to 75 pupils with their every action monitored remotely. Scary, really 1984 stuff. The other episodes of the programme are also fascinating.

If only the Underhill locals had not blocked the second stadium........
Will check this out on iplayer. Sounds interesting the future of Education even turning automated without human teachers now :/. Thanks for the heads up on this programme.
barnet_pls

Read up about how Gove is involved in this and also the Legatum "thinktank". . . . . there's no way a Labour mayor will be allowed to stop this . . . .

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/po ... 76436.html

http://arkonline.org/our-schools
Si1970

No intervention from Sadiq. The Ark will go ahead. TTA’s future doesn’t look so good.