The price of Football

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
jerroll

The price of Football

The BBC website has a article today showing the cost of admission , programmes, Pies & Tea which shows Barnet as the 4th cheapest day out which is based on lowest ticket price plus the other 3 categories - no real surprise to see Gillingham,Swindon & Bradford as the most expensive!
jamiefrbees

Re: The price of Football

Can anyone tell me how much it will cost to stand on the East Terrace this season?
Barnet, Barnet, Barnet, because...we're staying up, and it's the bondz the bondz the bondz the bondz the bondz the bondz the bondz that will keep us together...

Why does it always fall to Togwell?
jerroll

jamiefrbees wrote:Can anyone tell me how much it will cost to stand on the East Terrace this season?
£16
neil1972

I was plaaning to go to Swindon away this season, but there is no way i am going to pay £25, add on the train fare & lunch etc, i just can't afford it!

However with 2 other London sides in the league i will get to more away games than last season, i only managed Stevenage last year & i'm still having nightmares.......
Moonchild_Bee

I was wondering if anyone would say it, but perhaps it counts as heresy in there parts.

But well done TK & BFC.
Mikel Bee

Moonchild_Bee wrote:I was wondering if anyone would say it, but perhaps it counts as heresy in there parts.

But well done TK & BFC.
Ditto.

Being one of the few London clubs in this league, thereby paying London wages and yet only attracting tiny attendances, its admirable that we can still be one of the cheapest to watch and still stay financially secure. It just means that we have had to adapt ourselves to surviving in this league instead of competing in it.
BEEGONE

Interestingly dagger are much more expensive then us, despite have a ground as bad as ours and same sort of crowds.
Sam_BFC

And yet they couldn't afford to keep Darren Currie (seemingly).
lemming3k

The only question I have is how many other clubs have uncovered terraces as their cheap tickets? (if we're making a fair comparison).

Also has anyone noticed Watford is cheaper?
BuzzingBee

Is there some rule regarding the price of an away ticket against that of a home ? If so can someone ellaborate,

Haven't been to anything close to all the away games to judge "value" for money but I think its criminal that Gillingham is allowed to "get away" with charging a premium for away fans to sit in scaffolding with minimal space behing the buidling site for anything resembling a large away attendance and no cover especially given the area the ground surrounds feels like you could own half the street on the price of entrance!
jerroll

The rule is comparable accomodation so we could not charge away fans £18 for the east when we pay £16 etc. All Gillingham have to do is charge home fans the same when they open the other half of the end to them. Another example is Swindon are chargeing £19 for the Town End but £25 for the main stand which is where away fans are place unless sufficient numbers are there to justify opening the other end.
johnp

Good value for money then, well done TK.
Barnfields Plumbing & Property
Services
letchbee94

Good job Plymouth and Torquay are cheap because it cost lots to actually get down there eh lol
pgbee

You could also say we could bump the overall price up by £1 or so and still be the 4th cheapest......