Tony Roberts Retires

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
Moonchild_Bee

Tony Roberts Retires

http://www.daggers.co.uk/page/NewsDetai ... 05,00.html

Aged 42, to become a full time goalkeeping coach at Arsenal, after supposedly signing a new 1 year contract.

A little bit of me has shed a tear as I think that lower league football has lost a last of a certain type of character. I'm sure he's made pretty much wound up every stupid league 2 fan, and made the rest of us smile :lol:

Pretty much the highlight of any game against John Still's hoofball, except when they score. But very few players can give it back to the fans like Roberts did, and i'll miss him.
foxy

Re: Tony Roberts Retires

had many a laugh behind him on the terrace.... top bloke!
grrgerald

foxy wrote:had many a laugh behind him on the terrace.... top bloke!
Did you keep your wellies on, Foxy ?
kingpinfid

Yeah, he was definitely one of the last great "characters" left playing the game.

A very good goalkeeper too. Our chances of beating D&R home and away have just improved significantly.
neil1972

Tony Roberts is a real character, i remember seeing him play for QPR years ago, i thought then he was a bit "large", then a couple of seasons back i went to the Barnet v Daggers home match & thought he was still a bit "large"

Top bloke though & actually a decent keeper who had to pay back some of his compo when the Daggers came back into the league, there are not many players left playing who are older than me......

Neil
Psycho

Similar to Steve Perrin, the Forest Green goalie who asked for a chip from a Barnet fan and got one at the Lawn. Great clubhouse there. Some great banter with him along with Tony Roberts.