LEE HARRISON TESTIMONIAL Saturday 23rd July

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
Pushkin

Re: LEE HARRISON TESTIMONIAL Saturday 23rd July

Where the hell is everybody? I wanna know what happened at the Lee Harrison testimonial today. Give us a report!!
johnp

Not a great turnout as only just over 1500 people turned up which was not good as the ground looked empty.
Barnfields Plumbing & Property
Services
BEE428

Thought we looked comparatively mature and dominant during the first half (Overheard a Spurs fan infront of me say "Oh! they're better then us!"). Don't know what was said to them during half time but Spurs were a different team in the second half with a few stand out performances. I though Deering had his worst match in a Barnet shirt. Still 3-2 to us.
Prediction League Champion 2012/13 & 2013/14
northernslum

Huge shame that the "legends match" was bereft of any spurs legend. And disappointing that Lee only played 15 mins, for whatever reason. Not really a testimonial, more of a guest appearance.
That said, it was nice to give the man a send off.
lichfieldbee

What happened to all the ex-players playing?
northernslum

They played in the mini match before. Ricky Millard played in defence for Spurs for some reason. Phil Simpson, Darren Currie, Udo Onwere, Gary Phillips Linvoy Primus Dean Samuels are the Bees legends that I remember off the top of my head. It was good to see them, and Dean Samuels still has his prowess in the box!!
DaveHarry

Just to let you all know - of all the ex- Barnet players who wanted to play in the Short Game - Jon Ford and Ed Stein got delayed en route - although Ed did make it to the ground. It was great to see Gary Breen - despite him having a recent knee operation. We were let down by the ex-Spurs to some degree, but thanks to Linvoy's son Nathan, Karl Bates, Dave MacDonald and Billy Manuel we managed to make a game of it. Too many Spurs legends require a fee to turn out in such games.
As for Lee only playing for 14 minutes - he would to have played much longer, as it will have been his last competitive game - but the substitution was up to the Barnet Manager.
We would have loved to have had more people turn up - but Lee appreciates all who came along on the day.
Thanks to Nik for the loan of his "Harrison" Shirt for Lee to use for the game.
Thanks to Gordon Marshall and his son for running the lines in the Short Match - and Adam Robinson for refereeing - true fans!!!
Reckless

From a purely Barnet perspective it was great to have former players grace the Underhill pitch again - Gary Phillips, Ricky Millard, Warren Goodhind, Linvoy Primus, Billy Manuel, Derek Payne, Dave MacDonald, John Margerrison, Edwin Stein, Dean Samuels, Phil Simpson, Udo Onware, Paul Furlong, Darren Currie, all thoroughly enjoyed their cameos and appreciated their "welcome backs" from supporters.
selbybee

Thanks for organising a great day. How is the "Spurs' goalie? And was it Lee's agent?
DaveHarry

Howard was taken to hospital with probably a snapped tendon, and is now in plaster, and immobilised for quite a while.
PBBee

Glad to hear it all went well. Unfortunately I didn't make it as my old man was busy and I didn't fancy 4 hours on my own - felt a bit guilty for Lee but good to see a decent turnout.

Anyone got a decent report on how everyone played? I bumped into Mark Byrne & Darren Dennehy last night - both fairly optimistic for the season but admit we need a few more players. I asked where Senda was and they said he didn't play as he hadn't signed yet.
Jon83

A shame that Lee didnt play for longer although he made one very decent save during his brief cameo.

Brill looked very solid in goal and on that performance would be a good signing.

Not too convinced by playing 3 centre backs, a wing back in Parkes and Marshall as the other wing back - offensively I think it works as it allows the midfield of Byrne/Deering/Hughes to work freely with them all constantly changing position and at least one of them can support the strikers at all times, with Byrne's goal being a fine example of that, but defensively, we look very vulnerable to pace and being attacked down the flanks.

Holmes & McLeod worked well together again and could prove a potent partnership this season although Kabba will obviously have something to say about that!
markobee

DaveHarry wrote:Howard was taken to hospital with probably a snapped tendon, and is now in plaster, and immobilised for quite a while.
Let's hope that Howard recovers quickly.
I thought the day was a good send-off for Lee. I hope it raised lots of money for him.
let_it_bee

I was disappointed in the 'Legends' match - got there just after kick-off and struggled to work out who was playing. Didn't recognise very many, despite being a fan of 40+ years standing. However, the little man Payne still seems full of running and ideas - could probably still do a job for us in midfield (though maybe not for 90 mins).

The main event was very entertaining - too well matched sides, and plenty of speed and skill on show. Certainly the keeper looks sound and I'd be content with him for the coming season. McLeod, Marshall and Holmes all looked sharp - Deering and Byrne less so, but we played some quality stuff, particularly first half. I didn't think the turn-out was too bad, considering the time of year and the fact that there were no big names on show.
DaveHarry

As Reckless said ................................

Gary Phillips, Ricky Millard, Warren Goodhind, Linvoy Primus, Billy Manuel, Derek Payne, Dave MacDonald, John Margerrison, Edwin Stein, Dean Samuels, Phil Simpson, Udo Onware, Paul Furlong, Darren Currie, all thoroughly enjoyed their cameos and appreciated their "welcome backs" from supporters.