"Underhill" film

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
BEEGONE

Re: "Underhill" film

adher36 wrote:
BEEGONE wrote:
eastbarnetsupporter wrote:Why can't we see this again? Just show us the goddam film already it's been years
It has clips of football league football in. There seems to be no move from the director to have it licensed. Therefore no film will ever be shown..
This whole fuss is because of a limited amount of action from League 2 matches that happened half a decade ago. Quite ridiculous, and it's a shame as it is such a good film which must've had a hell of a lot of work put into it.
It was made as an “artistic project” by the director, never designed for profit or general release. Hence 99% of fans have never and will never see it.

Was shown to critics at a European film festival, seem to remember it did well somewhere in the med...
MCB

I did harangue the director on twitter. I also had a mate who has a mate who has a mate to search the whole web and it's shady side and it appears it has never made an appearance online.

Perhaps if more people asked it be made available...

https://twitter.com/simon_emmett?lang=en

https://www.simonemmett.co.uk/contact/
eastbarnetsupporter

Cut out the league 2 action? Wouldn't that be enough to let the film be shown?
shankbee01

BEEGONE wrote:
eastbarnetsupporter wrote:Why can't we see this again? Just show us the goddam film already it's been years
It has clips of football league football in. There seems to be no move from the director to have it licensed. Therefore no film will ever be shown..
Your habit of speaking as if you know what’s going on when you don’t have a blind clue is frustrating.

The director and others have tried many options to find a workable solution and to my very limited knowledge are still doing so now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
BEEGONE

eastbarnetsupporter wrote:Cut out the league 2 action? Wouldn't that be enough to let the film be shown?
Who is going to do that?
BGr

Just been watching some of AFC Bournemouth's documentary film '-17' about the season they survived administration in Lg2.

https://www.afcb.co.uk/videos/minus-17/ ... -the-dream

It's littered with highlights from league games. Will they just have paid for its use? Or does the copyright expire after say, 10 years?

EDIT B'mouth doc well worth a watch - if only for an Albert Adomah inspired 2-0 win at their place for us described as "the lowest point in our history" by the AFCB chairman!
djhdjh

If we lost to a team with Ran Kadoch in goal and Ashley Carew and Max Porter in midfield we'd probably deem that the lowest moment in our history too. :geahh:
b4life

I am still waiting for my refund for the last attempt to show the Underhill film!
Mark Whitelegg
Chair - BFCSA1926
chesbee

Mine went straight back into my bank account
alexbach

Spoiler alert. Right at the end Wolverine kills Thanos . That was the Underhill Endgame
Mem Beespod

hgbee wrote:Just been watching some of AFC Bournemouth's documentary film '-17' about the season they survived administration in Lg2.

https://www.afcb.co.uk/videos/minus-17/ ... -the-dream

It's littered with highlights from league games. Will they just have paid for its use? Or does the copyright expire after say, 10 years?

EDIT B'mouth doc well worth a watch - if only for an Albert Adomah inspired 2-0 win at their place for us described as "the lowest point in our history" by the AFCB chairman!
Ran Kadoch played like a man possessed that day. He was miles and away the MOM.
BeesPod - Best in Non League podcast 2023
https://linktr.ee/beespod

Member of Bring Barnet Back campaign.

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=61557502963938
Jon83

b4life wrote:I am still waiting for my refund for the last attempt to show the Underhill film!
I received the £5 refund on 2 March (without asking for it).
Roy57

This documentary " Underhill " has been dragging on since 2015. Over issues over league two
Highlights which was not allowed. But have read that this has now finally been rectified and can or has been released. This was going to be shown in legends bar but because of number issues once again it was cancelled. So finally does anyone know if this film about our true home is or can be purchased on DVD or other means such as down loading for a fee. I like many others
Have been waiting for four years to get to see this. Not to mention all the hard work from Simon Emmett that went into the making of this documentary. It was intended to be shown in 2015 at the Berlin film festival. If anyone has a straight final answer to this would be very helpful. As my heart goes out to Simon for all his hard work. And his own money went into the making of this for it to never be seen except by a small number of people. Thank you if anyone knows.
OB1
Location: Formerly Block C Underhill - Now block E East stand The Hive

chesbee wrote:Mine went straight back into my bank account
Same for me.
Prediction League Champion 2019/2020
Reckless

The response from the supporters to attend was poor.
It was sensible to consider showing Underhill alongside the official opening of Legends but such is the underwhelming appeal of the Bar, match days apart, a trek over to Harrow for many, and many who wish to see the film won't step foot near the new facilities (old news and covered on this forum in abundance) Simon and I are suggesting showing the film after a fairly high grade home game after 5pm in the Hive Bar free of charge. I realise that won't pacify everyone one who wishes to view but it will be a start for the films promotion. We are working on it with the club.