Muswell Hill Foodbank

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC

Muswell Hill Foodbank

Postby SudburyBee » 06 Dec 2018, 14:21

The Barnet walking football team , with respect to its twin fanbase , decided to raise awareness of the work done by the Muswell Hill Foodbank, by collecting groceries during its Thursday - Friday sessions , to help restock the foodbank in preparation for the cold weather

We would like to thank all those who helped us , especially Max at the old Pecking Order for holding our stock .

Muswell Hill informed us we collected 200kg of food
this was The highest weight collected by a non commercial organisation ever
.. congratulations to all those who contributed
Attachments
106B3A41-A242-43D2-BC4F-6456A0CBC684.jpeg
SudburyBee

Re: Muswell Hill Foodbank

Postby Agewills » 06 Dec 2018, 14:30

Great to see, well done!
Agewills

Postby rudebwoyben » 06 Dec 2018, 14:33

:y: :y: :y:
rudebwoyben

Postby beew » 06 Dec 2018, 18:12

Well done Kevin.
beew

Postby BEEGONE » 06 Dec 2018, 18:41

Scary somewhere like Muswell Hill needs a food bank...

We done fellas,

Been trying to get the old man to take up walking football for years but he is to lazy.
BEEGONE

Postby SudburyBee » 06 Dec 2018, 18:55

BEEGONE wrote:Scary somewhere like Muswell Hill needs a food bank...

We done fellas,

Been trying to get the old man to take up walking football for years but he is to lazy.

Hi BEEGONE
My thoughts totally , but even sadder we need them in 2018
It’s a crazy world
SudburyBee

Postby Reckless » 06 Dec 2018, 19:03

Doesn't Village live in Muswell Hill?
Reckless

Postby dawat » 06 Dec 2018, 20:04

:bash:
Reckless wrote:Doesn't Village live in Muswell Hill?

:bash:
dawat

Postby John_c » 07 Dec 2018, 00:08

We done fellas,

It's not scary. It's a fucking disgrace that anywhere in the UK needs a food bank. 5th largest economy in the world.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
:geahh:

Proud Sponsor of Luisma Villa Lopez's Football Conference Winning Away Shirt. Season 2014/15

"Can't wait to hear the latest excuses from that bell end John C"
John_c

Postby BEEGONE » 07 Dec 2018, 11:14

John_c wrote:

We done fellas,

It's not scary. It's a fucking disgrace that anywhere in the UK needs a food bank. 5th largest economy in the world.

Better education and money spent on mental health care for addictions would eradicate the need for them imo.
BEEGONE

Postby MCB » 07 Dec 2018, 11:29

BEEGONE wrote:
John_c wrote:

We done fellas,

Better education and money spent on mental health care for addictions would eradicate the need for them imo.

Homelessness has risen massively since 2010 (which coincides with something else happening, which I won't draw attention to to avoid accusations of political false equivilency)*

I think there are quicker fixes than improving education and improving mental health care, which are absolutely important longer term solutions for many things.

*https://www.crisis.org.uk/media/238700/homelessness_monitor_england_2018.pdf
MCB

Postby BEEGONE » 07 Dec 2018, 12:42

MCB wrote:
BEEGONE wrote:
John_c wrote:

We done fellas,

Homelessness has risen massively since 2010 (which coincides with something else happening, which I won't draw attention to to avoid accusations of political false equivilency)*

I think there are quicker fixes than improving education and improving mental health care, which are absolutely important longer term solutions for many things.

*https://www.crisis.org.uk/media/238700/homelessness_monitor_england_2018.pdf

Im not really sure it depends on who is in charge, facts are, if you cannot pay your rent you get evicted. Failure to build affordable housing by the past few governments is a big issue too. The gap between rich and poor rose under a left wing government which was a travesty.
BEEGONE

Postby StephenM » 07 Dec 2018, 12:56

A new tradition could be started, those in need of the food bank could be invited over to join in sampling the treats of the Reckless Xmas Goody Corner.
StephenM

Postby Norfolk & Chance » 07 Dec 2018, 13:55

Why stop at 2010?
Why not go back further, like 2003 for example?

https://fullfact.org/economy/homelessness-england/

The causes of it are wide and varied.
I suppose whoever is in govt will find they are rightly challenged on it but to suggest it's a uniquely Tory issue is, well, political.
Norfolk & Chance

Postby Mikel Bee » 07 Dec 2018, 14:12

BEEGONE wrote:
Im not really sure it depends on who is in charge, facts are, if you cannot pay your rent you get evicted. Failure to build affordable housing by the past few governments is a big issue too. The gap between rich and poor rose under a left wing government which was a travesty.

Surely it's a travesty whoever it rises under? The rise in food bank usage has only been growing over the 8+ years of the current governing party. Bedroom taxes, scrapping Sure Start, cutting income tax for the highest earners, below inflation wage rises for public sector workers and massively inflating asset prices via a very selective money printing programme on a gigantic scale, aka QE are all under the current current bunch's watch. We're seeing the effects these decisions are having on people's lives.
Mikel Bee

Next

Return to General Barnet Chat