Who is the greatest player?

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
finchleyman

Who is the greatest player?

To have ever played for the Bees?

Edgar Davids, Jimmy Greaves, Mark Lawrenson or Nicky Evans?

Can't think of any others who were "great" players but I'm sure you can help.
barnetpete

Re: Who is the greatest player?

All depends on how you define greatest? Most Famous? Greatest as in honors, skill ability or entertainment value? Is it judged on just for Barnet or their whole career? Some would define the greatest as the nicest, or who had the best perma-tan? A small majority of fans (although not small in physical size) would say God end of, lets stop now.

Roll on the 4pm game.
Please consider donating, to help disadvantaged Children & Young People in Barnet, https://www.youngbarnetfoundation.org.uk/donate,
hoofer2

If you are talking about playing international pedigree Gary Breen is up there too...
LeicesterBee

barnetpete wrote:All depends on how you define greatest? Most Famous? Greatest as in honors, skill ability or entertainment value? Is it judged on just for Barnet or their whole career? Some would define the greatest as the nicest, or who had the best perma-tan? A small majority of fans (although not small in physical size) would say God end of, lets stop now.

Roll on the 4pm game.
Exactly - all very subjective

For what it’s worth my vote would go to Edgar Davids for greatest career and Sir Nicholas Evans for greatest player in a black and amber shirt

P.S. for those who didn’t see Mark Lawrenson play his 2 games for us, he was absolute dog shit!
Norfolk & Chance

It seems a pretty straightforward question to me.

In my lifetime, and in my opinion, it is indeed Nicky Evans.

A boring answer for some maybe but I saw his debut, his final game, and most games in-between.
He was an extraordinary striker, Hollywood looks, blonde, tanned, put his head and legs in where it hurts, regularly.
He gave everything on the pitch for Barnet, scored some truly wonderful goals and I doubt there'll be anyone like him again.

I can't comment on pre 1970s players as I didn't see them play.
amberforever

P.S. for those who didn’t see Mark Lawrenson play his 2 games for us, he was absolute dog shit!
He sure talks the talk as a BBC pundit though! :-(
Thinking of Les Eason, Colin Powell, Roger Figg.....but I guess it has to be Dougie Freedman as he ticks the box for being a highly skillful player who stood out head and shoulders, and also achieved fairly wide acclaim generally.
John_c

Norfolk & Chance wrote:It seems a pretty straightforward question to me.

A boring answer for some maybe but I saw his debut, his final game, and most games in-between.
He was an extraordinary striker, Hollywood looks, blonde, tanned, put his head and legs in where it hurts, regularly.
He gave everything on the pitch for Barnet, scored some truly wonderful goals and I doubt there'll be anyone like him again.

The thread ended with that post.

I use Tapatalk like the cool kids
Proud Sponsor of Luisma Villa Lopez's Football Conference Winning Away Shirt. Season 2014/15

Proud Winner of the Sponsor Marvin Armstrong Shirt Raffle 2023/24

Worlds best Prediction League player
John_c

Just wanted to emphasise again what a truly brilliant bloke Sir Nick is.

Still the greatest living Englishman.

Proud Sponsor of Luisma Villa Lopez's Football Conference Winning Away Shirt. Season 2014/15

RichardM

The best player to play for Barnet in my lifetime is Jimmy Greaves. I write this as I am looking at a signed photograph of him scoring yet another goal for the great Spurs side of the 1960s. There is no argument to be had.
pgbee

RichardM wrote:The best player to play for Barnet in my lifetime is Jimmy Greaves. I write this as I am looking at a signed photograph of him scoring yet another goal for the great Spurs side of the 1960s. There is no argument to be had.
I'll second that.
John_c

RichardM wrote:The best player to play for Barnet in my lifetime is Jimmy Greaves. I write this as I am looking at a signed photograph of him scoring yet another goal for the great Spurs side of the 1960s. There is no argument to be had.
You're a disgrace.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jerroll

John_c wrote:

Just wanted to emphasise again what a truly brilliant bloke Sir Nick is.

Still the greatest living Englishman.

Isn't the great man 60 in a couple of weeks time?
Reckless

July 6th should be a Public Holiday.
ricardobee

The man with the greatest honours in football, who has had the honour of playing for the Bees has to be Greavsie. Nobody comes near to what he achieved in English football.
But the greatest player, no question, no doubt, no arguments is his holiest Sir Nick 'GOD' Evans. What a man, what a player, both on and off the pitch.
As J_c says, you may now end this thread.