Martin Allen back (again)!

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
Beearsed

Re: Martin Allen back (again)!

Norfolk & Chance wrote:
alexbach wrote:
Norfolk & Chance wrote:Where's the racism and homophobia?

It was a massively ott post but you can't scream wacist or the like just because you don't agree with it.
I'm afraid that trick was rumbled a few years ago.
Screaming? Just politely inquiring of the Admin if this stuff is appropriate. On btid it would be quite mild and rational

Sent from my 5046Y using Tapatalk
No you didn't. You said it was racist and homophobic.

Please answer the question.

Where was the racism and homophobia?

Yes, it was gratuitously unpleasant, nasty, and frankly pointless.

But I fail to see where it was racist or homophobic.

If you still see it as such, please check a dictionary.
Changing the subject - Norfolk are you the same Norfolkandchance who has commented today on a click bait article in the Guardian today about the insufficient number of female toilet facilities in the world. My curiosity was raised by seeing such an unusual sign in name. If it isn’t you then it’s a bloody coincidence.

At least there seem to sufficient ladies facilities at THL!
PAC66

MCB wrote:Not everyone's happy - one decision we all havn't necessarily supported:
Strange decision, and strangely under used through out the year has looked one of our better players when he plays, brings energy and pace - which we have lacked. Also probably best forward we have at winning the long ball punt upfield, which has been the GW tactic and I fear more of the same to come.
BigBee

John10 wrote:
bee33 wrote:
John10 wrote:I'll be buying the club young Ryan. My days of being out on the grass and coaching are behind me. Plus, I think I'll be wasted there because I'd like to oversee the whole operation to make sure it runs smoothly. More like a technical director/Head of football.

I'll be employing a Head of Scouting who'll be tasked with liaising with agents and scouts in Spain, Italy and France to see exactly how many Luisma's are out there. Typically pretty good Segunda B salary is around 2000 euros a month. Those players are better than some of the donkeys we get to witness in League 2. I'd find some good European players and mix them with a three or four steady been there and done it British players. Throw in some youth prospects alongside some good young players released from top English clubs and there you have it...we have a squad. I'd look to play football, with the ball on the floor, but go direct at times with early crosses and fast attacking play. My defence would be rock solid. We play football to a point, but the keeper doesn't mess about, it goes long from goal kicks if we are being pressed. I won't bore you with my footballing tactical master plan though.

I'd employ a young but experienced first team manager who I already have in mind. I'd also liaise with him to bring in a top assistant coach alongside him, someone who can really coach, passionate and wants to reach the top. I'd invest in sport science, you can get PlayerTek GPS monitors for around £2000 for the whole squad. This way we could tailor training to ensure peak performance. No more running laps with old dinosaurs as coaches.

In short, there's no point being discussing here, but under my direction, the days of signing an injured aging striker on high wages because he played in the Premier League 15 years ago are long gone. There are players in Europe 2 x the ability of our players playing on 1000-2000 euros a week because that's the economy there. We'd have an unbelievable team. Just follow me and believe young Ryan.

TK if you are reading this and want what's best for Barnet. I have the full support of every Barnet fan in the land. You can either employ me as a technical director, director of football or even manager if I have to do it. All I would want is around £40,000 a year initially with authorisation and backing to put my plan into place. Failing that, if you are too big headed or stubborn, I'd also potentially be able to buy the club for a reasonable fee and this would be my preferred option.

Jump on board boys and girls...we are going up, say we are going up, playing good football with a cosmopolitan mix, we are going up!

P.S I've just realised there is the small issue of the Hive. I'm happy for you to retain ownership of the facility. To be honest, I've seen Championship clubs get promoted to the Premier League in recent years who train on one pitch and their gym is in a portacabin. You can keep your chicken shops and whatever else you want. I'll be running a football club not a leisure facility.

Ahahahaha If you think that Segunda B players is the answer to League 2 teams then you clearly don't know about English football.
Even Lional Messi would get swalloed alive in this division.
What makes you think a Spanish player would give up the sunshine in Spain and come and play League Two football on a Tuesday night away to Grimsby.
A lot would have the dream to come here to us to platform themselves in hope for a Prem club to sign them but the answer is if they are that good then a Prem side would sign them without even touching foot on a league 2 pitch.

John10 you are a fine example of why things go wrong when the wrong person is hired, it's not as easy as you think it is.

It's only once in a while you'll spot a foreign player that can play well in this league.

A player that sticks out in the league as a great player will surely go on to have a great career and Barnet have proved in the past with some pretty good players that have gone on to be millionaires.

I have a task for you John10, name 11 players from the Segunda B league that you think can play League 2 football and we'll:-

A. We all have a good laugh at you

B. You could be right and we might see that players you've mentioned play in La Liga or the Prem in the future

C. You will admit that scouting in Spain (were players are taught Tiki-Taka football) is a bad idea

LOL absolutely clueless. Lionel Messi would get swallowed alive in this division. I hope that's an exaggeration because if that's a serious belief then you should check yourself into the Priory.

Don't overestimate League 2. Succeeding in League 2 and being a good player in League 2 has nothing to do with the Premier League. Not sure why you are linking them. Sunny Spain yeah brilliant but why do so many Spanish young people come here to work as nanny's and teachers, nurses etc. One word. Well two words. The salary. 2000 euros in Segunda B is seen as a good salary during these economic times. What do you think League 2 players make? £800 a week to be conservative. That's 3600 euros.

I don't need to name 11 players from Spain or whatever you say who can play in League 2. There's dozens who can. It's called scouting. It's why you don't pick up a technical creative midfielder from Spain and play him as a DM but you play him as 10 with two CM's behind him. The ignorance you show is typical of an English mentality I encounter fairly often.

"Name me 11 Segunda B players you think could play in League 2". Firstly, like there's not 11 Segunda B players who could play in this league, and secondly like you'll know any of them or the teams they play for or anything going by the pure ignorance you've shown in your post.

Go to school young chap. Do your GCSE'S. Take a gap year. Travel the world. Try and order breakfast in a foreign language. Make an effort. It will do you the world of good.
You sound like the fruit of your tree.
bee33

John10 wrote:
bee33 wrote:
John10 wrote:I'll be buying the club young Ryan. My days of being out on the grass and coaching are behind me. Plus, I think I'll be wasted there because I'd like to oversee the whole operation to make sure it runs smoothly. More like a technical director/Head of football.

I'll be employing a Head of Scouting who'll be tasked with liaising with agents and scouts in Spain, Italy and France to see exactly how many Luisma's are out there. Typically pretty good Segunda B salary is around 2000 euros a month. Those players are better than some of the donkeys we get to witness in League 2. I'd find some good European players and mix them with a three or four steady been there and done it British players. Throw in some youth prospects alongside some good young players released from top English clubs and there you have it...we have a squad. I'd look to play football, with the ball on the floor, but go direct at times with early crosses and fast attacking play. My defence would be rock solid. We play football to a point, but the keeper doesn't mess about, it goes long from goal kicks if we are being pressed. I won't bore you with my footballing tactical master plan though.

I'd employ a young but experienced first team manager who I already have in mind. I'd also liaise with him to bring in a top assistant coach alongside him, someone who can really coach, passionate and wants to reach the top. I'd invest in sport science, you can get PlayerTek GPS monitors for around £2000 for the whole squad. This way we could tailor training to ensure peak performance. No more running laps with old dinosaurs as coaches.

In short, there's no point being discussing here, but under my direction, the days of signing an injured aging striker on high wages because he played in the Premier League 15 years ago are long gone. There are players in Europe 2 x the ability of our players playing on 1000-2000 euros a week because that's the economy there. We'd have an unbelievable team. Just follow me and believe young Ryan.

TK if you are reading this and want what's best for Barnet. I have the full support of every Barnet fan in the land. You can either employ me as a technical director, director of football or even manager if I have to do it. All I would want is around £40,000 a year initially with authorisation and backing to put my plan into place. Failing that, if you are too big headed or stubborn, I'd also potentially be able to buy the club for a reasonable fee and this would be my preferred option.

Jump on board boys and girls...we are going up, say we are going up, playing good football with a cosmopolitan mix, we are going up!

P.S I've just realised there is the small issue of the Hive. I'm happy for you to retain ownership of the facility. To be honest, I've seen Championship clubs get promoted to the Premier League in recent years who train on one pitch and their gym is in a portacabin. You can keep your chicken shops and whatever else you want. I'll be running a football club not a leisure facility.

Ahahahaha If you think that Segunda B players is the answer to League 2 teams then you clearly don't know about English football.
Even Lional Messi would get swalloed alive in this division.
What makes you think a Spanish player would give up the sunshine in Spain and come and play League Two football on a Tuesday night away to Grimsby.
A lot would have the dream to come here to us to platform themselves in hope for a Prem club to sign them but the answer is if they are that good then a Prem side would sign them without even touching foot on a league 2 pitch.

John10 you are a fine example of why things go wrong when the wrong person is hired, it's not as easy as you think it is.

It's only once in a while you'll spot a foreign player that can play well in this league.

A player that sticks out in the league as a great player will surely go on to have a great career and Barnet have proved in the past with some pretty good players that have gone on to be millionaires.

I have a task for you John10, name 11 players from the Segunda B league that you think can play League 2 football and we'll:-

A. We all have a good laugh at you

B. You could be right and we might see that players you've mentioned play in La Liga or the Prem in the future

C. You will admit that scouting in Spain (were players are taught Tiki-Taka football) is a bad idea

LOL absolutely clueless. Lionel Messi would get swallowed alive in this division. I hope that's an exaggeration because if that's a serious belief then you should check yourself into the Priory.

Don't overestimate League 2. Succeeding in League 2 and being a good player in League 2 has nothing to do with the Premier League. Not sure why you are linking them. Sunny Spain yeah brilliant but why do so many Spanish young people come here to work as nanny's and teachers, nurses etc. One word. Well two words. The salary. 2000 euros in Segunda B is seen as a good salary during these economic times. What do you think League 2 players make? £800 a week to be conservative. That's 3600 euros.

I don't need to name 11 players from Spain or whatever you say who can play in League 2. There's dozens who can. It's called scouting. It's why you don't pick up a technical creative midfielder from Spain and play him as a DM but you play him as 10 with two CM's behind him. The ignorance you show is typical of an English mentality I encounter fairly often.

"Name me 11 Segunda B players you think could play in League 2". Firstly, like there's not 11 Segunda B players who could play in this league, and secondly like you'll know any of them or the teams they play for or anything going by the pure ignorance you've shown in your post. Spain where players are taught to play tiki taka football. My child, I've witnessed training sessions in Spain from La Liga to the Tercera and Preferente division, from first team to U9's. They are just taught to play Tiki Taka, they are given a whole football development firstly and secondly, the ball goes long to a big striker in the Tercera and Segunda B as well depending on the team, but the general technical level of most of the players is levels above League 2. I've seen high intensity possession drills i.e team a vs team b in a small 20x20 meter square at a Tercera team/fourth division that is out of this world....if you picked up one of our lads and dropped him in that square, he'd look like a fish out of water.

Go to school young chap. Do your GCSE'S. Take a gap year. Travel the world. Try and order breakfast in a foreign language. Make an effort. It will do you the world of good.

If you think Segunda B league players are on 2k pw then you are clearly don't know a lot about football.

Also if your linking football to nurses and nanny's then I know now I'm having a debate with someone not well.

And if you think Messi can play for a league two team where a lot of football is played long ball then God help you !!!

Messi would have at least 3/4 players making rough tackles on him, he wouldn't stand a chance !!!

Name 1 Segunda B player then !!!

YOU ARE DELUDED MATE
LoudmouthBFC

John10 is agent Westley
bee33

John10 is clearly studying Spanish Segunda B players as I type this.

What a fool. Even Alex Ferguson would agree that Messi couldn't do it down here
Bee52

I want to go travelling with Johnio. If he can convert £800 to 3600 Euros, then he must be using the same Bureau De Change that fed the 5000 with a few goldfish and a load of conjoined breadcrumbs. Amazing, where is it?

Anyway, aside from that you still can't spell fuck. Perhaps we can maybe do some basket weaving classes together whilst I brush up on my Spanish and you brush up on your swear words. You know it makes sound sense.

Keep the enthusiasm going, I'm loving it! :D
rudebwoyben

I doubt that there’s anyone at W & F on that sort of money and would think it very unlikely at Hendon too. A squad of 20 players on an average wage of £150 would amount to £120k over 40 weeks.
bee33

John10,

You are the Donut mate not me and here's a clip that will shut you right up !!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8UveXVPXR6M

Ahahahahaha you just got dealt with you fool.

If it's that easy to go and scout cheap players in Spain then the whole of League 2 would do it but real scouts know the difference in style of football between here and there.

Sounds like you wouldn't have a clue how to run a burger van let alone a football club.

A few years ago Paul Sturrock held some trial games for free agents at a ground near Luton Airport and few players came over from Spain that had even played in the youth and reserve set up with Torres at Athletico but got released aged roughly 18/19 and ended up playing in Italy and the Spanish Segunda B League. One CM in particular got butchered in midfield,every time he got the ball he lost it because he thought the opposition would be like Spain, no it wasn't, you see he thought it would be easy just like you John10.

It's not as easy as you think !!

Sturrock ended up signing players from here and I haven't got a clue what happened to the Spanish lads, who knows they might be working as a nurse or nanny somewhere in England !!!!!

The point I'm trying to make is it's not as easy as you think it is.
Just look at Port Vale in 2016 when Bruno Ribeiro was in charge.

' Yea Yea I will sign Paulo Tavares, Rigino Cicilia, Kiko, Carlos Saleiro, Sébastien Amoros, Miguel Santos andGëzim Shalaj then win the league, sell the players for millions and then Barcelona will hire me as manager'!!!!

John10 just please have a look at where those players are now. The owner must of been livid with the mess he was left with and the money spent!!

You my ever so bright fellow Barnet FC friend is a dreamer that talks the talk but certainly can't walk the walk.

I hope I haven't left you red faced with that clip of Alex Ferguson
jamiefrbees

It's just another wind-up account, don't rise to it
peterstebbings

I don’t see Akinola as any kind of loss.

How many Barnet managers have now not fancied him? Five?

And contrary to most, I don’t even think he’s that quick. Reminds me of a poor man’s Mickey Tomlinson.

Maybe there’s a player in there somewhere, but I’ve very rarely seen it.
X-Bumble

PAC66 wrote:
MCB wrote:Not everyone's happy - one decision we all havn't necessarily supported:
Strange decision, and strangely under used through out the year has looked one of our better players when he plays, brings energy and pace - which we have lacked. Also probably best forward we have at winning the long ball punt upfield, which has been the GW tactic and I fear more of the same to come.
Rather than bitching on Twitter, maybe he should listen to the multiple managers who have probably given him the same advice.

Interesting article about him here:

https://staceywest.net/2018/03/21/akino ... he-summer/
PAC66

X-Bumble wrote:
PAC66 wrote:
Rather than bitching on Twitter, maybe he should listen to the multiple managers who have probably given him the same advice.

Interesting article about him here:

https://staceywest.net/2018/03/21/akino ... he-summer/
Hardly bitching! Problem with twitter etc is lack of tone, so you can read the statement in different ways - I took at as a statement of positive intent to work harder. Re multiple managers - he played for Eames, Nugent, McGhee, Westley @ Barnet , given the lack of points won in that time, may say more about their selections rather than a player who IMO was under utilised.
#Beebot

Which of our forwards has performed better than Akinola this season?
Agewills

This has turned into quite an amusing thread I have to say.

If Spanish/French/Italian lower division players are so much better and so much cheaper, why isn't every team in L1 and L2 (and the Conference for that matter) doing what you suggest?

Back on topic - I wasn't that surprised that Akinola didn't feature in MA's squad of 20. We have to be a bit harsh here and make the cuts. But I wonder if Mad Dog has a free agent lined up though?