Feedback required please.

Moderators: miguelito, petersperoni

Spanker Ridley

Re: Feedback required please.

Hi Peter

Thank you for the reply and no need to apologise.

At the Arsenal I beleive a memorial garden was included in the plans for the development at Highbury which relatives have access to.

Thanks again your (and the rest of the group) efforts are appreciated.

Cheers

John
Anthony

Hey.

Just wondering if there is any leeway to add a few different types of tea to the menu? I was at the Hive today and I counted 18 different types of Coffee...and only 2 teas! The tea they have is truly rank - I have to put sugar in it just to take the edge off - and I hate sugar with tea!

So any chance of adding a breakfast tea to the menu?
petersperoni

Spanker Ridley wrote:Hi

I am particularly interested in hearing suggestions from the Club regarding those that have scattered the ashes of loved ones at Underhill.

!
John, your question was put to the Chairman on Thursday evening. I'm afraid to say his reply that as the ground has already been sold to a party not anything to do with the club, unlike Arsenal with the Highbury redevelopment, the club are not in a position to do anything about it. One member of the group suggested you may wish to contact Barnet Council and have, say, a bench intalled or even a blue plaque.

May I suggest if you may want to take this further let us have something we can subsequently put to the Chairman to help us represent you or directly. I personally feel something should be done but, because I'm not in the position of having a loved one's ashes being scattered on the Underhill pitch, perhaps my passion level isn't high enough to produce a really heartfelt reasoning.

Peter
petersperoni

Anthony wrote:Hey.

Just wondering if there is any leeway to add a few different types of tea to the menu? I was at the Hive today and I counted 18 different types of Coffee...and only 2 teas! The tea they have is truly rank - I have to put sugar in it just to take the edge off - and I hate sugar with tea!

So any chance of adding a breakfast tea to the menu?
Hi Anthony,

This certainly will be put forward.

Just to let you all know the club are STILL searching for a bar and refreshment kiosks manager despite advertising and offering (what seems to me!) a good salary. Perhaps the tea situation will change when a new manager is appointed.
Spanker Ridley

Hi Peter

Thank you to and the rest of the Liaison Group for your efforts.

I fully understand the Chairman's position and his response. I am still fully appreciative of TK for allowing me to do this at the time.

Please pass this onto TK at your next meeting.

Thanks

John
BeesKnees

I'm trying to be nice but really the failure of the chairman to consider these issues before handing over the keys does annoy me. There are clearly some fans who would've appreciated a final wander round, a chance to have a piece of Underhill turf and to say goodbye to the resting place of a loved one. I find it cold and inconsiderate.
petersperoni

Steve, they are indeed looking to try to get an opportunity for fans to have one last lok around the whole place and the possibily of taking something away but unfortunmately are not in a postion to inist on some sort of memorial being permanently installed by the new owners. That's why I've asked Spanker to provide me some assistance for us to be able to argue the case.
DerekRocholl

Spanker Ridley wrote:Hi Peter

Thank you to and the rest of the Liaison Group for your efforts.

I fully understand the Chairman's position and his response. I am still fully appreciative of TK for allowing me to do this at the time.

Please pass this onto TK at your next meeting.

Thanks

John
John

The Back2Barnet campaign will try to take this up on your behalf with the third parties concerned (i.e. the people who now own the Underhill site) I suspect Barnet Council will find themselves in a similar position to TK on this sort of matter. I will keep you in touch with how things go.

Derek
petersperoni

Good of you Derek to offer the assistance. I hope something acceptable can be achieved.
BeesKnees

petersperoni wrote:Steve, they are indeed looking to try to get an opportunity for fans to have one last lok around the whole place and the possibily of taking something away but unfortunmately are not in a postion to inist on some sort of memorial being permanently installed by the new owners. That's why I've asked Spanker to provide me some assistance for us to be able to argue the case.
Ok thanks Peter,
I took the comment as the club no longer having access.
Moonchild_Bee

BarnetSteve wrote:I'm trying to be nice but really the failure of the chairman to consider these issues before handing over the keys does annoy me. There are clearly some fans who would've appreciated a final wander round, a chance to have a piece of Underhill turf and to say goodbye to the resting place of a loved one. I find it cold and inconsiderate.
I'd agree with you except - I saw the Edgware Town games last season (or one before) & the offer made to book Underhill's pitch for a game (both here and on main site) as the last opportunity to see Underhill, but decided my last pics from the Wycombe game were better memories. It's only that we havn't sold the ground quicker that this has cropped up again in my opinion.

But for those who have had family member ashes spread on the pitch - it's a different matter, and hopefully one that can be carefully considered.
Spanker Ridley

Thanks guys this is appreciated.

John
hoofer2

I observed what appeared to be mouse droppings in two toilets @ the Hive vs Peterborough.

One was in the disabled toilet in Grazioli's where incidentally there is no soap dispenser.
The other was near the bin of the first cubicle in Gents of Hive main bar.
petersperoni

Noted Hoofer2, it'll be passed on.

Thanks for taking the time and trouble reporting these.
petersperoni

Hoofer2,

I saw the head of maintenace before the game aginst MK Dons yesterday. He is 99.9% certain they weren't mouse droppings you saw but black crumbs from the astroturf (or whatever it's called now) trodden into the buildings by the soles of players footwear. This is an ongoing situation and, if you look closely, can be found all over the site and interior of the buildings, and he assumes those you saw weren't picked up during cleaning or could have been dropped after a clean.

In repect of the soap dispenser he believed the builders had been instructed to install one and was surprised it hasn't been. This will be rectified before the next home game.

On another thread someone (I apologise for not remembering who) queried why there wasn't a more extensive range of tea on sale. While waiting at the main bar yesterday I noticed a rack containing 16 diferent teas, in addition to those previously offered.