Feedback required please.

Moderators: petersperoni, miguelito

Feedback required please.

Postby petersperoni » 05 May 2015, 15:13

Please post here anything you feel will improve the match day experience. Thanks. (Sorry, we can't take anything about the team or it's management!)
petersperoni
 
Posts: 700
Joined: 22 Jan 2011, 18:42

Re: Feedback required please.

Postby BeesKnees » 05 May 2015, 17:04

Not so much matchday experience bu more things I'd like to see\hear

Exiting after the game.
Road signs as to whether both lanes can be used to exit and stopping people walking up the side with no pavement.

Parking outside the Camrose avenue exit.
Can parking on Camrose Avenue be restricted with cones like at Underhill so parking isnt a nuisance while the game is being played.

Chairman Q&A
Can TK do an update on lease, hive development and future of the club with a Q&A
User avatar
BeesKnees
 
Posts: 6480
Joined: 17 Apr 2012, 16:49

Re: Feedback required please.

Postby Moonchild_Bee » 05 May 2015, 20:24

Let's talk beer...beer and pouring techniques. This could be substantial, when you need it by? :D
Moonchild_Bee
 

Re: Feedback required please.

Postby Mikel Bee » 06 May 2015, 13:25

An improvement to the sound quality of commentaries on Barnet Player and the video quality of the highlights would be very welcome. As it stands I'm finding it hard to justify the cost of the subscription.

Can we have another chairman's Q&A or even a face to face Q&A session with TK and/or the manager like we used to in the early 00's?
Image
User avatar
Mikel Bee
 
Posts: 2880
Joined: 20 Jan 2011, 02:23

Re: Feedback required please.

Postby petersperoni » 06 May 2015, 16:02

Gentlemen, thanks indeed for taking the time and especially for being the first to respond. My answers (and NOT a group decision, we will decide at our next meeting) are as follows.

BarnetSteve;Exiting after the game.
Road signs as to whether both lanes can be used to exit and stopping people walking up the side with no pavement.
I'll put this up for discussion at our next meeting

Parking outside the Camrose avenue exit.
Can parking on Camrose Avenue be restricted with cones like at Underhill so parking isnt a nuisance while the game is being played.
Ditto

Chairman Q&A
Can TK do an update on lease, hive development and future of the club with a Q&A
Personally speaking and certainly NOT a group opinion, is that this is the sort of thing a Supporters Trust should deal with. To my mind it's not a Matchday at The Hive issue but I will put it forward to the group

Moonchild; Let's talk beer...beer and pouring techniques. This could be substantial, when you need it by?
Whenever you like! This does sound like an issue for improving match days so let us have the details and it will be put forward. Just to let you know though we have already suggested pre-poured drinks at half time as well as larger (2pint or 1 litre) glasses

Mikel Bee; An improvement to the sound quality of commentaries on Barnet Player and the video quality of the highlights would be very welcome. As it stands I'm finding it hard to justify the cost of the subscription.
Interesting question. Not a Matchday at The Hive experience, but nevertheless still a mtch day. Will be put forward to the group

Can we have another chairman's Q&A or even a face to face Q&A session with TK and/or the manager like we used to in the early 00's?
Again to my mind this should be a Trust matter in my opinion but how do you get the message through otherwise apart from personal contact? I'll put it forward to discuss whether this, and BarnetSteve's comments could be brought up when we have the next meeting with the Chairman. I wodner who the manager will be if and when when it happens!

Hiveoccuopier; Derek, I will ask the other members of the group if they want their user names released. There will also be a posting in the next few days, probably after the weekend, which I hope answers your questions.

Keep 'em coming lads and lasses!!
petersperoni
 
Posts: 700
Joined: 22 Jan 2011, 18:42

Re: Feedback required please.

Postby Hiveoccupier » 06 May 2015, 20:01

Peter

Thanks for your reply. With regards to the match day experience the key questions for me are about getting bigger gates so that there is a better atmosphere. The two obvious questions are:

1. What is the club planning to do to try to increase home game attendances from people in both Harrow and Barnet ?
2. What can we do as supporters to help - and how can the club facilitate this help ?

Other less important questions are:

3. Can anything be done to improve half time entertainment - while I'm sure the participants might enjoy it, the sight of small children running across the pitch has only limited appeal and maybe things could be mixed up once in a while (perhaps a benchmarking exercise with other clubs might be worth while). If I was being really ambitious I might even suggest they look at pre and post match entertainment as well. Wouldn't it would be great if once in a while the Club hosted a concert, fireworks party or similar after a home match in the way they do at the likes of Newmarket Races.

4. Could the club have another look at the offering of the catering kiosk(s) on the South Terrace. What is being sold tends to be unappetising of poor quality and seems to take a long time to get served. Some simple, fast to serve, appetising products would be very welcome (did I hear crusty cheese or ham rolls anyone ?)

5. Can they do something. or allow the supporters to do something, to bring about more colour to the colour scheme of the stadium - while the South, North and East Stands look new they also look dull. They need more character.

Finally a few additional questions that you may or may not feel are part of the Groups remit to ask:

6. As a League member the club has to produce and publish a "Customer Charter" - has this been prepared and what opportunity is there going to be for supporters to have an input to what it includes ?

7. Similarly it as League requirement that the Club has a Supporter Liaison Officer - does the club know who this will be and how supporters can contact the person concerned.

8. Player of the season awards - any chance of getting this in the diary at the start of the season and making it an aspirational event that is something that every supporter wants to go to.

9. Away travel - does the Club have any views or intentions about how the "20s plenty" initiative might be developed and implemented at League 2 level - the principle of the initiative being that individual clubs agree with each other to offer reciprocal reduced admission prices for away fans to make it more affordable for fans to follow their club away. e.g. If we had an arrangement with Mansfield where our travelling fans using away coaches were charged £10 for the game at Field Mill and theirs were charged £10 for the game at the Hive it should encourage better use of supporters coaches, a bigger away following, and better atmosphere.
Hiveoccupier
 
Posts: 3372
Joined: 02 Feb 2011, 16:59

Re: Feedback required please.

Postby hoofer2 » 07 May 2015, 09:27

This is great idea for collating feedback - well done to those who organised this....

I think the matchday experience is very good @ The Hive.

The car park situation needs to be improved greatly to separate supporters from cars.
Supporters traipse through the car park, in front of cars without looking expecting the drivers to
take responsibility for their personal safety. This is an accident waiting to happen.

When is the kids Buzz Club going to start? My children were very excited about this prospect
when memberships were first announced and still ask me is it going to happen. At the very least
having a membership card / pack - maybe having an area at the Hive that could be reserved for the
Buzz Club on matchdays (I used to love the Junior Bee hut back in '80s) as a focal point...
hoofer2
 
Posts: 3431
Joined: 01 Feb 2011, 13:48

Re: Feedback required please.

Postby petersperoni » 07 May 2015, 12:31

Thanks Derek, reply in italics.
[quote="Hiveoccupier"]Peter

Thanks for your reply. With regards to the match day experience the key questions for me are about getting bigger gates so that there is a better atmosphere. The two obvious questions are:

1. What is the club planning to do to try to increase home game attendances from people in both Harrow and Barnet ?
This is one of our targets and improving the match day experience is considered a good starting point but discussions will follow about other ideas
2. What can we do as supporters to help - and how can the club facilitate this help ?
Do you mean increasing attendances or helping in general with what we are trying to achieve?

Other less important questions are:

3. Can anything be done to improve half time entertainment - while I'm sure the participants might enjoy it, the sight of small children running across the pitch has only limited appeal and maybe things could be mixed up once in a while (perhaps a benchmarking exercise with other clubs might be worth while). If I was being really ambitious I might even suggest they look at pre and post match entertainment as well. Wouldn't it would be great if once in a while the Club hosted a concert, fireworks party or similar after a home match in the way they do at the likes of Newmarket Races.
This will be put forward

4. Could the club have another look at the offering of the catering kiosk(s) on the South Terrace. What is being sold tends to be unappetising of poor quality and seems to take a long time to get served. Some simple, fast to serve, appetising products would be very welcome (did I hear crusty cheese or ham rolls anyone ?)
This is under ongoing discussion with the club. Staffing is a great problem with a lack of reliability a problem. This is because employing people on a usually once a fortnight basis is hardly an incentive and it's worse on on days such as Boxing and New Yera's day. The club are continually looking into it. In respect of the food apparently a new manager is being employed so it's a wait and see item I feel. We've already made suggestions on how to quicken the service at the west stand kiosk and the new 'pizza roli' was available at the last game. I will make a suggestion the new manager takes a match day trip to Kidderminster, by far and away the best food I've come across in football.

5. Can they do something. or allow the supporters to do something, to bring about more colour to the colour scheme of the stadium - while the South, North and East Stands look new they also look dull. They need more character.
Following a meeting with the Chairman it seems they are aware of the place needing brightening up. Let's see what happens over the summer

Finally a few additional questions that you may or may not feel are part of the Groups remit to ask:
6 and 7 are, for me, a club matter solely but this will be passed to the club.

6. As a League member the club has to produce and publish a "Customer Charter" - has this been prepared and what opportunity is there going to be for supporters to have an input to what it includes ?

7. Similarly it as League requirement that the Club has a Supporter Liaison Officer - does the club know who this will be and how supporters can contact the person concerned.

8. Player of the season awards - any chance of getting this in the diary at the start of the season and making it an aspirational event that is something that every supporter wants to go to.
This will be raised with the club as soon as an opportunity arises

9. Away travel - does the Club have any views or intentions about how the "20s plenty" initiative might be developed and implemented at League 2 level - the principle of the initiative being that individual clubs agree with each other to offer reciprocal reduced admission prices for away fans to make it more affordable for fans to follow their club away. e.g. If we had an arrangement with Mansfield where our travelling fans using away coaches were charged £10 for the game at Field Mill and theirs were charged £10 for the game at the Hive it should encourage better use of supporters coaches, a bigger away following, and better atmosphere.
I wasn't aware of this and it's certainly interesting. I know at our next meeting with TK coach travel is on the agenda and we'll get back as soon as we have any news
petersperoni
 
Posts: 700
Joined: 22 Jan 2011, 18:42

Re: Feedback required please.

Postby petersperoni » 07 May 2015, 12:41

hoofer2 wrote:This is great idea for collating feedback - well done to those who organised this....

I think the matchday experience is very good @ The Hive.

The car park situation needs to be improved greatly to separate supporters from cars.
Supporters traipse through the car park, in front of cars without looking expecting the drivers to
take responsibility for their personal safety. This is an accident waiting to happen.

When is the kids Buzz Club going to start? My children were very excited about this prospect
when memberships were first announced and still ask me is it going to happen. At the very least
having a membership card / pack - maybe having an area at the Hive that could be reserved for the
Buzz Club on matchdays (I used to love the Junior Bee hut back in '80s) as a focal point...


Thanks for the compliment Hoofer, hopefully it will benefit supporters and the club.

The car park issue I think will be brought up several times no doubt and is something which needs addressing. We'll raise it as we will the Buzz Club point.

Thanks for your input.
petersperoni
 
Posts: 700
Joined: 22 Jan 2011, 18:42

Re: Feedback required please.

Postby Moonchild_Bee » 07 May 2015, 13:34

petersperoni wrote:
Moonchild; Let's talk beer...beer and pouring techniques. This could be substantial, when you need it by?
Whenever you like! This does sound like an issue for improving match days so let us have the details and it will be put forward. Just to let you know though we have already suggested pre-poured drinks at half time as well as larger (2pint or 1 litre) glasses


Thanks Peter, that's basically it, the poor, frustrating organisation when a rush is inevitable. Just need to look at how well 4 people can run the beer taps at other venues (2 taking money, 2 pouring) - even if there is a dedicated (maybe the new away bar which I presume will become part of the home bar?) - that only sells draught beer & soft drinks in bottles.

But a very valid point has been raised regarding access to the turnstiles via the car park. Quite simply it is not safe, and an accident WILL happen. I've seen several near scrapes from kids jumping in front of cars. Something needs to be done (along the lines of an access route via the back of the South Stand), or a markway (a la the 02 centre in Finchley Road). The additional car parking vs the inevitable serious injury due to lack of pedestrian access is not a suitable trade off.

But big steps have been made this season I feel, certainly getting there!
Moonchild_Bee
 

Re: Feedback required please.

Postby kingoffootball » 08 May 2015, 10:42

Moonchild_Bee wrote:Thanks Peter, that's basically it, the poor, frustrating organisation when a rush is inevitable. Just need to look at how well 4 people can run the beer taps at other venues (2 taking money, 2 pouring) - even if there is a dedicated (maybe the new away bar which I presume will become part of the home bar?) - that only sells draught beer & soft drinks in bottles.


They were certainly operating that sort of more flexible service in The Hive Bar before the Gateshead match. One of the bar staff seemed a little over-awed by it, but one in particular seemed impressively calm and in control of everyone's orders, even keeping a clear idea of how long everyone had been waiting to be served.
Three-time Conference champions
User avatar
kingoffootball
 
Posts: 1659
Joined: 22 Jan 2011, 11:39
Location: East Riding of Yorkshire

Re: Feedback required please.

Postby Hiveoccupier » 08 May 2015, 20:39

Peter

Thanks for the response. Regards questions 1 & 2 I was referring to the club's marketing plan and how the supporters could be involved in its delivery.

As far as question 7 was concerned - the Customer Charter will be more relevant if there is consultation with supporters over what it should include in the way of commitments - I would have thought this was right up the street of the Liaison Group.
Hiveoccupier
 
Posts: 3372
Joined: 02 Feb 2011, 16:59

Re: Feedback required please.

Postby barnetpete » 10 May 2015, 11:55

Apparently the ladies loo in Grazioli's needs a mirror. There is a good one in the old Pav made by the lady who mentioned it to me, maybe it or another could appear in the ladies Loo. Apparently there is lippy to apply and hair to brush!
Do you shop on Amazon? Please consider donating, at no extra cost to yourself, to help Children & Young People in Barnet, via https://smile.amazon.co.uk/ch/1164713-0, Amazon will donate to Young Barnet Foundation with every purchase.
barnetpete
 
Posts: 2094
Joined: 24 Jan 2011, 13:37

Re: Feedback required please.

Postby hoofer2 » 11 May 2015, 13:23

One more point regarding membership. With no games from May until July surely some arrangement must be made to reduce the monthly fee e.g. for West Stand Premium you pay for two full months with no prospect of matches. I know we have the option to cancel and rejoin again and be hit with yet another re-joining fee, then this has to be looked at.
hoofer2
 
Posts: 3431
Joined: 01 Feb 2011, 13:48

Re: Feedback required please.

Postby BeesKnees » 11 May 2015, 13:35

Not sure I want my membership to be higher for 10 months so it can be cheaper the other 2. I'd rather it stayed as is.
User avatar
BeesKnees
 
Posts: 6480
Joined: 17 Apr 2012, 16:49

Next

Return to Supporters' Liaison Group

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests