Who Are You ?

Moderators: miguelito, petersperoni

DerekRocholl

Who Are You ?

Hopefully a straightforward opening post to help us understand the group.

Just 2 questions:

1. Who are you ?
2. On what basis do you think you have a mandate to liaise with the club on behalf of Barnet FC's supporters ?
John_c

Re: Who Are You ?

You almost sound bitter :-)
Proud Sponsor of Luisma Villa Lopez's Football Conference Winning Away Shirt. Season 2014/15

Proud Winner of the Sponsor Marvin Armstrong Shirt Raffle 2023/24

Worlds best Prediction League player
DerekRocholl

John_c wrote:You almost sound bitter :-)
Are you part of the group John ?
Anthony

Hiveoccupier wrote:Hopefully a straightforward opening post to help us understand the group.

Just 2 questions:

1. Who are you ?
2. On what basis do you think you have a mandate to liaise with the club on behalf of Barnet FC's supporters ?
One thing you could say for the Trsut is that they were obsessed with getting mandates and resolutions through. Sadly they were virtually incapable of doing anything else productive.

Personally, I think a group of supporters who seem to be focussed on building customer service doesnt really need a mandate. I dont feel the need to vote for the person who complains about the quality of our burgers,
DerekRocholl

Anthony wrote:
Hiveoccupier wrote:Hopefully a straightforward opening post to help us understand the group.

Just 2 questions:

1. Who are you ?
One thing you could say for the Trsut is that they were obsessed with getting mandates and resolutions through. Sadly they were virtually incapable of doing anything else productive.

Personally, I think a group of supporters who seem to be focussed on building customer service doesnt really need a mandate. I dont feel the need to vote for the person who complains about the quality of our burgers,
Why so defensive ? They are just 2 simple questions aimed at trying to find out who is on the group and how they are going to try to represent the views of Barnet FC supporters.
Anthony

The names were put on the website several weeks ago. If you want to be represented, then attend the meetings.(I believe that was a bit of a mantra of the Trust)

I have no involvement with the group, so maybe they have some kind of evil ulterior motive. Lets wait and see what they say.
DerekRocholl

Anthony wrote:The names were put on the website several weeks ago. If you want to be represented, then attend the meetings.(I believe that was a bit of a mantra of the Trust)
Blimey very bitter.

What is the point of this section of the forum if we can't use it to clarify or discuss anything ?

As we all know it is not possible for a lot of people who follow the club to attend meetings so that their views can be represented which is why the Trust, whatever faults it had, always tried to make it possible for people to join, submit motions, and contribute to consultations on-line or by email.
DerekRocholl

Anthony wrote: I have no involvement with the group, so maybe they have some kind of evil ulterior motive. Lets wait and see what they say.
It would be good to hear what they have to say. As for evil ulterior motives, that seems to be the obsession of some people who love to look for a conspiracy where none exists - all a bit silly really.
Anthony

Hiveoccupier wrote:
Anthony wrote:The names were put on the website several weeks ago. If you want to be represented, then attend the meetings.(I believe that was a bit of a mantra of the Trust)
Blimey very bitter.

What is the point of this section of the forum if we can't use it to clarify or discuss anything ?

As we all know it is not possible for a lot of people who follow the club to attend meetings so that their views can be represented which is why the Trust, whatever faults it had, always tried to make it possible for people to join, submit motions, and contribute to consultations on-line or by email.
Relax. This section of the forum is three hours old. Don't go writing it off just yet.

All this submitting motions and consultations was just too politically heavy for a supporters group. There was an election for the directors, based on a number of statements, interviews and promises on this messageboard. That should have been enough politics. After that there should have been action. All we got was a few months of nothing before being hit with a load of consultations clearly aimed at trying to use Trust resources solely to get Barnet back to Underhill. That turned a lot of people off I think.
Anthony

Hiveoccupier wrote:
Anthony wrote: I have no involvement with the group, so maybe they have some kind of evil ulterior motive. Lets wait and see what they say.
It would be good to hear what they have to say. As for evil ulterior motives, that seems to be the obsession of some people who love to look for a conspiracy where none exists - all a bit silly really.
I was clearly being sarcastic. Or at least I thought I was. Just making the point that having some kind of tedious election campaign for a focus group seems a bit pointless.
John_c

Hiveoccupier wrote:
Did you not see the list of names?
Proud Sponsor of Luisma Villa Lopez's Football Conference Winning Away Shirt. Season 2014/15

DerekRocholl

John_c wrote:
Hiveoccupier wrote:
Did you not see the list of names?
I was under the impression that it was a moving feast and that the original list was a starter group that others might join. Isn't that the case ?
John_c

I believe so.

Have you joined?

DerekRocholl

John_c wrote:I believe so.

Have you joined?
No - can you join or do you have to be invited ?
John_c

Hiveoccupier wrote:
John_c wrote:I believe so.

Have you joined?
No - can you join or do you have to be invited ?
No idea. You gave the impression that you knew?

You can always ask one of the Cttee, I'm fairly sure you know most of them.