Shark attack

The best threads archived for eternal enjoyment.
John_c

Re: Shark attack

The more I see about Shark Man the more I think he's milking this a bit.

He can't remember what happened?? No wonder the court didn't believe him.
Proud Sponsor of Luisma Villa Lopez's Football Conference Winning Away Shirt. Season 2014/15

Proud Winner of the Sponsor Marvin Armstrong Shirt Raffle 2023/24

Worlds best Prediction League player
GRH

The inflatable shark has probably detracted from the issue that this bloke thinks that the scoring of a late goal gives him the right to verbally abuse someone. I find the defense that he didn't remember doing it a little odd. I remember that great euphoric feeling when we scored the late goal at Welling, but I wasn't overtaken by an urge to seek out a steward and give him a mouthful.
John_c

GRH wrote:The inflatable shark has probably detracted from the issue that this bloke thinks that the scoring of a late goal gives him the right to verbally abuse someone. I find the defense that he didn't remember doing it a little odd. I remember that great euphoric feeling when we scored the late goal at Welling, but I wasn't overtaken by an urge to seek out a steward and give him a mouthful.
Or slap him with a shark or suchlike.
Proud Sponsor of Luisma Villa Lopez's Football Conference Winning Away Shirt. Season 2014/15

WeStillBelieve

He hit him with a SHARK. An INFLATABLE SHARK. An INFLATABLE BLOODY SHARK.

A shark filled with AIR. Not made of rock. Not made of metal. PLASTIC and AIR.

Absolutely ridiculous ruling.

If you can't take an inflatable shark, how are you meant to deal with an actual problem (not an inflatable shark) that away fans may cause?

Employ proper stewards for next season please, Barnet FC. The modern game is well and truly f*cked if this is anything to go by.
DerekRocholl

hendon4bee wrote:It's assault . They should have locked him up and thrown away the key
And added a little vinegar ? Nothing like assault and vinegar with a large piece of haddock.
RichardM

beew wrote:We all know the CCTV in north and south isnt there otherwise the Cambridge flare thrower would of been brought to justice

All 4 sides of the ground are covered by cameras.
John_c

WeStillBelieve wrote:He hit him with a SHARK. An INFLATABLE SHARK. An INFLATABLE BLOODY SHARK.

A shark filled with AIR. Not made of rock. Not made of metal. PLASTIC and AIR.

Absolutely ridiculous ruling.

If you can't take an inflatable shark, how are you meant to deal with an actual problem (not an inflatable shark) that away fans may cause?

Employ proper stewards for next season please, Barnet FC. The modern game is well and truly f*cked if this is anything to go by.
Erm excuse me. Have you ever been slapped hard with a 6 foot inflatable shark?

Don't judge.

BeesKnees

I think some need to realise that this guy was convicted on the policeman's evidence that he saw the steward hit in an aggressive manner. The steward clearly didn't drag this guy out of the crowd, the police did and the the steward was asked to give a statement and subsequently had to confirm the statement in court. I very much doubt he had much say in whether this guy was arrested and charged.
WeStillBelieve

beew wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if the steward in question, was the same one who tried to get my mate arrested for the crime of using the toilet in the west stand bar without showing his membership card.
Or the one who tried to restrain me for exchanging words with Josh Payne during the Woking game.

Absolute overkill.

I can just imagine the courtroom - "He hit this poor man with an inflatable shark - the intent was there and the steward in question is clearly traumatised".

What an absolute joke.
John_c

WeStillBelieve wrote:
beew wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if the steward in question, was the same one who tried to get my mate arrested for the crime of using the toilet in the west stand bar without showing his membership card.
Or the one who tried to restrain me for exchanging words with Josh Payne during the Woking game.

Absolute overkill.

I can just imagine the courtroom - "He hit this poor man with an inflatable shark - the intent was there and the steward in question is clearly traumatised".

What an absolute joke.
Eh? Are you being serious? He should have let you have a pop at the player? Really?

WeStillBelieve

BarnetSteve wrote:I think some need to realise that this guy was convicted on the policeman's evidence that he saw the steward hit in an aggressive manner. The steward clearly didn't drag this guy out of the crowd, the police did and the the steward was asked to give a statement and subsequently had to confirm the statement in court. I very much doubt he had much say in whether this guy was arrested and charged.
So, if it wasn't in an aggresive manner but a humorous manner, all charges would be dropped?

If I was the steward I'd be embarrased to give a statement.
John_c

BarnetSteve wrote:I think some need to realise that this guy was convicted on the policeman's evidence that he saw the steward hit in an aggressive manner. The steward clearly didn't drag this guy out of the crowd, the police did and the the steward was asked to give a statement and subsequently had to confirm the statement in court. I very much doubt he had much say in whether this guy was arrested and charged.
Indeed. It would appear the facts of this story are being somewhat overlooked.

John_c

WeStillBelieve wrote:
So, if it wasn't in an aggresive manner but a humorous manner, all charges would be dropped?

Depends what you mean by humorous manner I guess. I suspect your version may be different to mine...

WeStillBelieve

John_c wrote:
WeStillBelieve wrote:

Depends what you mean by humorous manner I guess. I suspect your version may be different to mine...
I'm sure your sense of humour is much more humorous than my sense of humour.

Probably everyone on this thread, too.
GRH

The lesson I'm taking from this is that you can abuse someone as much as you like as long as you hit them on the head with an inflatable a couple of times first.

I'm going to carry an inflatable with me wherever I go so I can threaten people and the best bit is the temporary amnesia that seems to come from wielding an inflatable.

Although, thinking about it, it seems that courts don't quite share the view that this is a legitimate way of behaving.