Page 53 of 58

Re: Hive

PostPosted: 24 Jul 2013, 17:12
by Mr Smart
Reading the rationale about the height of floodlights then it makes a lot of sense. Doesn't make sense why they would pick up on that one!

Re: Hive

PostPosted: 24 Jul 2013, 17:14
by Moonchild_Bee
Picking up on later comments - it seems largely fair enough?

"Officers agree, on balance, with this assessment subject to specific provisions and
conditions that would be required (as set out above). Officers also consider that the
scope of the amendments being sought can properly be considered within the provisions
set out by the government under S73 of the Town and Country Planning Act for material
minor amendments. In respect of the majority of the works contained in this application
officers consider the proposals are acceptable having regard to the development plan
and all other material considerations.


However, in the absence of the requested information regarding the impact of light from
the new, higher floodlights, and notwithstanding conclusions surrounding the visual
impact (upon the character and appearance of the area) the application does not provide
information that enables officers to conclude that the amended floodlights to the stadium
satisfy the requirements of policy DM1C and DM48A. Given that the representations
suggest that glare from existing lighting is already giving rise to disturbance of sleep
patterns in properties surrounding the site, this lack of information is significant. The
Environmental protection team of the Council has concluded that without this information
(requested during the processing of this application), the proposals should be refused.

Given the clear policy requirement for floodlights to not have an unacceptable impact
upon the amenity of residents, the current application is not able to demonstrate that it
satisfies the requirements of the development plan for the area. There are considered to
be no material planning reasons to justify setting aside this policy objective in this case.

The application is therefore recommended for refusal."

Re: Hive

PostPosted: 24 Jul 2013, 17:22
by 1983
Plan showing the 2008 floodlights and the recently added ones:

Re: Hive

PostPosted: 24 Jul 2013, 17:26
by lyonsdownbee
So it's only then floodlights that are the issue.
Do Abacus do sale and return.

Re: Hive

PostPosted: 24 Jul 2013, 17:33
by Moonchild_Bee
Surely we can just dig 10 metre deep holes for them :whistle:

Re: Hive

PostPosted: 24 Jul 2013, 18:27
by 1983
Sounds like the club and Abacus are to blame for failing to provide the necessary paperwork, which was requested by the planning officers.

Re: Hive

PostPosted: 24 Jul 2013, 19:12
by ninestein
The proposed idea being debated is better for everyone. LUL must see the benefit of it as they get no light spill from the Eastern floods. The technology that goes into manufacturing sports light fittings has moved on at such a pace in recent years. Each flood will be individually "aimed" at a certain part of the pitch. If you look towards that flood from a wide angle you'll get hardly any glare at all.

To me, the only issue here is that retrospective permission cannot currently be recommended for acceptance until the necessary lighting design and photometrics are completed properly and submitted. To me there's just a delay in the date that we get official permission to install them. In the meantime, we carry on as we are...? But can we use the floodlights we have installed in the hope of retrospective planning permission...?

Re: Hive

PostPosted: 24 Jul 2013, 19:22
by hoofer2
ninestein wrote:The proposed idea being debated is better for everyone. LUL must see the benefit of it as they get no light spill from the Eastern floods. The technology that goes into manufacturing sports light fittings has moved on at such a pace in recent years. Each flood will be individually "aimed" at a certain part of the pitch. If you look towards that flood from a wide angle you'll get hardly any glare at all.

To me, the only issue here is that retrospective permission cannot currently be recommended for acceptance until the necessary lighting design and photometrics are completed properly and submitted. To me there's just a delay in the date that we get official permission to install them. In the meantime, we carry on as we are...? But can we use the floodlights we have installed in the hope of retrospective planning permission...?


If we do not get the required permission, I suggest focussing each lamp into a separate upstairs bedroom in each of the NIMBYS houses so that they can really appreciate what light pollution is.

I am sure I saw a plan with revised floodlight scope that had more lines that Keith Richard's face looking down toward the pitch as part of The Hive plans? It was rather bewildering. Surely a simulation on a computer using architectural software package is the answer!

Re: Hive

PostPosted: 24 Jul 2013, 19:27
by pauln50
If we do not get the required permission, I suggest focussing each lamp into a separate upstairs bedroom in each of the NIMBYS houses so that they can really appreciate what light pollution is.

:ohlord: Love it Hoofer!!

Re: Hive

PostPosted: 24 Jul 2013, 19:29
by WelwynBee
That was indeed a quality post, I'm still laughing.

Re: Hive

PostPosted: 24 Jul 2013, 20:14
by BeesKnees
Drink license for west stand granted :)

Re: Hive

PostPosted: 24 Jul 2013, 20:17
by pauln50
BarnetSteve wrote:Drink license for west stand granted :)

Mines a pint!!

Re: Hive

PostPosted: 24 Jul 2013, 21:18
by John_c
BarnetSteve wrote:Drink license for west stand granted :)


Yay. Most important news of all :D

Re: Hive

PostPosted: 25 Jul 2013, 08:15
by BeesKnees
1983 wrote:Sounds like the club and Abacus are to blame for failing to provide the necessary paperwork, which was requested by the planning officers.


The last information from Abacus states that the vertical light will be less than 2 lux. I think they believed that would be sufficent and it didnt need a further report. Sounds a bit daft, of course the floodlights will be visible, just like a torch pointed at the floor is visible from a long way off but you are still in the dark. As far as I can tell TK has bought the best floodlights possible to avoid light pollution, these guys provide the lighting for Lords Cricket ground so they should know what they are doing.

Re: Hive

PostPosted: 25 Jul 2013, 17:37
by Reckless
John_c wrote:
BarnetSteve wrote:Drink license for west stand granted :)


Yay. Most important news of all :D

Just remember to bring you wallet son.............................