Hive

The best threads archived for eternal enjoyment.
sheriffsam

Re: Hive

I'm going to the Hive for the first time in about 4-5 years on Friday so will take a couple of snaps. The last time I went I made a video that should be on youtube somewhere.
BeesKnees

Last edited by BeesKnees on 24 Jul 2013, 11:45, edited 1 time in total.
jerroll

wearebees wrote:How will it work with the West stand premium bar, seemed like it could be pretty easy for non premium members to enter same for the seats? If not where do non premium members get stuff, the place by the turnstiles?
I understand only 70 % of seats in the premium area were available for membership as that was the maximum capcity of the bar area, seats in those areas will be sold on a matchday but those ticketholders will not have access to the bar - apparently you will need to use your membership card to access the bar(not sure of the logistics!)
Sdodger

jerroll wrote:
wearebees wrote:How will it work with the West stand premium bar, seemed like it could be pretty easy for non premium members to enter same for the seats? If not where do non premium members get stuff, the place by the turnstiles?
I understand only 70 % of seats in the premium area were available for membership as that was the maximum capcity of the bar area, seats in those areas will be sold on a matchday but those ticketholders will not have access to the bar - apparently you will need to use your membership card to access the bar(not sure of the logistics!)

They should open the West Stand Bar to all West Stand ticket holders, and perhaps give the premium holders a 50p a pint reduction to compensate!
kingpinfid

Think you've missed the previous posters point.

Apparently the bar will be at capacity with West Stand Premium members only, therefore the club can't let any additional people in. I imagine it's all to do with fire and safety regs or the licence.
John_c

BarnetSteve wrote:Is it this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-hOLgHB3yU
That video knocks on the head any suggestion that Wealdstone had built 75% of it...
Proud Sponsor of Luisma Villa Lopez's Football Conference Winning Away Shirt. Season 2014/15

Proud Winner of the Sponsor Marvin Armstrong Shirt Raffle 2023/24

Worlds best Prediction League player
Moonchild_Bee

So Steve do you want to knock on the head the ropey Harrow midnight bush hiding councillers assertion than the West Stand is 20 feet higher than allowed in the planning permission?

Just so facts don't get in the way of a good NIMBY-ism.
miguelito

Moonchild_Bee wrote:So Steve do you want to knock on the head the ropey Harrow midnight bush hiding councillers assertion than the West Stand is 20 feet higher than allowed in the planning permission?

Just so facts don't get in the way of a good NIMBY-ism.
Is the Midnight Rambler still banging on about it?
:grrr:
"Oh my god, he's attacking them!"
BeesKnees

John_c wrote:That video knocks on the head any suggestion that Wealdstone had built 75% of it...
Does it? I get the impression BFC had done a fair bit of work before the video was shot.
John_c

BarnetSteve wrote:
John_c wrote:That video knocks on the head any suggestion that Wealdstone had built 75% of it...
Does it? I get the impression BFC had done a fair bit of work before the video was shot.
That's what I meant. I think.
Proud Sponsor of Luisma Villa Lopez's Football Conference Winning Away Shirt. Season 2014/15

Proud Winner of the Sponsor Marvin Armstrong Shirt Raffle 2023/24

Worlds best Prediction League player
BeesKnees

For the non-tweeters.

The 2008 plans approved a west stand which was an extended underhill south stand. From what I can tell the plans called for a second tier on the east stand to create the 5100 capacity ground. Newer Green stadia guide requiring all fans be able to see the near touchline and disabled access requirements meant this was a non starter. To retain the number of seats BFC submitted plans for a bigger west stand on 7th March 2013.
The Council are meant to verify the application, issue a site notice and request any supporting information with in 10 working days. the site notice wasnt issued until 24th May 2013 and they then waited until the 21 day site notice expired before asking the club for additional information regarding noise which was irrelevant as the capacity was unchanged. This was followed by Mr Blackmans involvement and further delay so that the planning wont be heard until 1st August.

From what I can tell BFC were forced by the councils delay to start building before the plans had been passed or they would not be able to finish the stadium in time for the new season. This makes the planning application retrospective. There is nothing illegal or against planning rules in this but the risk is that if the plans are refused or planning officers insist on changes then BFC could be subject to expensive modifications to what has already been built.

So our friendly councillor is referring to the 2008 planning application that would have been worse for all concerned and chooses to ignore that it is his council that have put both the club and local residents in this position.
BeesKnees

John_c wrote:That's what I meant. I think.
Sorry John I misread your post. I'll shut up now :)
BeesKnees

Just heard planning application recommended for refusal. Things are going to get very messy as club negotiate what is/isnt acceptable.
lyonsdownbee

There are so many I lose track of which ones.
BeesKnees

Basically if the councillors agree with the decision on 1st Aug then TK will need to appeal. If the appeal fails then it could be that the new west stand has to be taken down.