Hive

The best threads archived for eternal enjoyment.
sheriffsam

Re: Hive

all sounds a bit ridiculous to me.
ninestein

Also, if we are not permitted to use them until permission is granted, then might we be forced to bring kickoffs forward to 2pm in September when the light starts to fade later in the afternoon?
Barnet showing all the flair of Rupert-the-Bears trousers, but lots more style!
lyonsdownbee

Until the council make a descision and various appeal processes they are not illegal.
That is what retrospective planning is.
ninestein

So when Luton come to town we can aim the floodlights upwards to follow the ball
BeesKnees

lyonsdownbee wrote:Until the council make a descision and various appeal processes they are not illegal.
I think it's not that simple, the floodlights themselves may not be illegal but using them isnt covered by planning, it's covered by public nuisance laws. Although part of planning is to determine whether something will cause a public nuisance if used.
lyonsdownbee

BarnetSteve wrote:
lyonsdownbee wrote:Until the council make a descision and various appeal processes they are not illegal.
I think it's not that simple, the floodlights themselves may not be illegal but using them isnt covered by planning, it's covered by public nuisance laws. Although part of planning is to determine whether something will cause a public nuisance if used.
As always your contributions are always welcome.
One thing I would ask is that at any stage during the build the local authority could have demanded we stop building, this they did not do.
The floodlights might be an issue, but I cannot see the club being asked to dismantle the west stand, because due to its structure that is what would have to happen.
amberdream

The value of the Hive was in evidence today when not only were AEL Limassol training there again but also Real Betis, who play Fulham in a PSF next week.
ninestein

I wonder where Scotland will be training next week before they play England at Wembley?
jimmy_sweden

Loads of news from The Hive on Real Betis' website:

http://www.realbetisbalompie.es/noticia ... tball_Club

I'm guessing there's still more painting to be done (cladding looks really patchy):
Attachments
b.JPG
finchleyman

I think we should take heart that the Council did not refuse the application which they could have done.

The lghts can be used for evening matches as long as they are not a nuisance and it would be up to the Council to prove that they are a nuisance and this will be determined by Environmental Health. As the Council obviously have very mixed views on all of this, I imagine that this wil go to the wire.

But the quicker everything can be sorted the better because, as an earlier poster said, the elections are looming.

Who knows anything about the politics of Harrow?
letchbee94

amberdream wrote:The value of the Hive was in evidence today when not only were AEL Limassol training there again but also Real Betis, who play Fulham in a PSF next week.
So???
BeesKnees

Do you think TK let them train there for nothing?
Must be a few quid in the kitty we wouldnt have otherwise.
amberdream

letchbee94 wrote:
amberdream wrote:The value of the Hive was in evidence today when not only were AEL Limassol training there again but also Real Betis, who play Fulham in a PSF next week.
So???
If you look on the AEL Limassol and Real Betis websites Barnet were big news last weekend....that cannot be bad. AEL Limassol seemed genuinely chuffed to be training in the same facility as Real Betis. Irrespective of the income this may produce the contacts and recognition are invaluable. I think Barnet FC and the Hive have greater recognition in Europe than in the NLP and that can't be bad.
I'm surprised you don't see the value of building relationships and probably making a few bob along the way ?
BeeBee

amberdream wrote:
letchbee94 wrote:
So???
If you look on the AEL Limassol and Real Betis websites Barnet were big news last weekend....that cannot be bad. AEL Limassol seemed genuinely chuffed to be training in the same facility as Real Betis. Irrespective of the income this may produce the contacts and recognition are invaluable. I think Barnet FC and the Hive have greater recognition in Europe than in the NLP and that can't be bad.
I'm surprised you don't see the value of building relationships and probably making a few bob along the way ?
Some really great points amberdream....I think we are actully turning into a recognized great club and might be actually popular for footballing and infrastructure reasons rather than laughing stock reasons!....The Hive has bloody awesome potential!!