Hive

The best threads archived for eternal enjoyment.
barnetpete

Re: Hive

Maybe they will be built in as part of the main stand like lots of the prem clubs. Hopefully we 'the getting the reccaro style racing seats!

In answer to the questions above would expect the main stand to be the building side.
Please consider donating, to help disadvantaged Children & Young People in Barnet, https://www.youngbarnetfoundation.org.uk/donate,
BeesKnees

Just been on the harrow site to look at the application,
There is a large petition from residents the other side of the railway line claiming that until they saw the building work start, they were unaware that permission for a stadium was granted in 2008 and so are objecting to the noise. Interestingly the question on the petition is 'Are you satisfied with communication from Harrow Council' and not something like 'Do you object to the building of the stadium' which I feel means the petition is actually being misused by a few who do object.

Personally I think.they must've had their heads in the sand to not know.
Also complaints about noise which are all a bit daft, if they think we will get 5k every games they are off their heads, the light pollution complaint is also false as the light is directed down and will be blocked by the stand, as will a lot of the noise from training pitches that they are upset about.

Either way the fact that so many locals are voicing concern is a worry. Hopefully when we start playing they will realise that we will have a far smaller impact than they think (Except when we play Luton!!). I feel we will need to bare this in mind when we move as unlike underhill the residents will not be used to having a footy team play, but is at most 2-3 hours once a week for 9 months so hopefully they will get used to it.
BFCST Official Rep

Would that include the residents of Aldridge Avenue by any chance Steve ?
BeesKnees

The main instigator is andrew brandon of Aldridge Avenue.

Mean anything?
letchbee94

Nice to see our TEMPORARY home is taking shape.
BFCST Official Rep

BarnetSteve wrote:The main instigator is andrew brandon of Aldridge Avenue.

Mean anything?
Yes he wrote to the Trust last week on behalf of all residents in the street.

Cheers

Derek
Phil The Force

Some more great photos posted. Well done.

One thing struck me when I was there the other day.
The stand being built against the main building will be in front of the windows to the bar.
The view from there is really good across the pitch so it would be a shame to lose it.
Will there be no seats in front of it, which would look a bit odd, or will there be some kind of temporary seating that can then be removed?
Devon_Bee

Phil The Force wrote:The stand being built against the main building will be in front of the windows to the bar.
The view from there is really good across the pitch so it would be a shame to lose it.
Will there be no seats in front of it, which would look a bit odd, or will there be some kind of temporary seating that can then be removed?
Is the bar on the ground or first floor?
letchbee94

Phil The Force wrote:Some more great photos posted. Well done.

One thing struck me when I was there the other day.
The stand being built against the main building will be in front of the windows to the bar.
As it a temporary move then surley temporary seating would make sense.
Devon_Bee

letchbee94 wrote:As it a temporary move then surley temporary seating would make sense.
We don't necessarily want temporary seating in a stadium where we 'could' be for 10 years!
barnetpete

The stadium is permanent, our use is temporary. There is a difference.

Expect Seats will only partially cover the lower half of the window, those with main stand tickets wi be able to leave from bar and then walk down to seats- much like a corporate box at emerates etc.
Please consider donating, to help disadvantaged Children & Young People in Barnet, https://www.youngbarnetfoundation.org.uk/donate,
BeesKnees

From what i remember of the plans there will be an area for wheelchair users directly in front of the windows which i assume will be accessed through the bar.
Devon_Bee

bournemouthbee wrote:The stadium is permanent, our use is temporary. There is a difference.
That's a much better way of putting it!
BeesKnees

http://www.wealdstonefc.co.uk/forum/vie ... 4&start=20

It's like a sunday omnibus version of this forum with all the best bits removed
jonbonbaby

5 years to late suckers !