Hive

The best threads archived for eternal enjoyment.
OB1
Location: Formerly Block C Underhill - Now block E East stand The Hive

Re: Hive

Well done 1983, that looks brilliant. Over to you Tony!
Prediction League Champion 2019/2020
mcleod23

Is this cladding definitely happening or is this something that somebody has suggested that should happen?
BeesKnees

TK told me it was happening but it's last on the list
Phil The Force

I've been thinking about the bar under the West Stand.
It's going to be a bit of a free for all during the 15 minute half time break.
Would it be possible to order and pay for the drinks before the match, be given a receipt of your order and then just produce this to a barman at half time.
This would then reduce the waiting time whilst the barman has to go to a till, wait for the person already on it, tap in the prices, come back with the amount, go back to the till again and finally come back with your change.
Also they could start pulling a few pints/sprits in anticipation of the happy punters.
BeeBee

Really Top work 1983! So simple and yet so effective! Hope The Hive lot are taking notice!Great design
PBBee

That does look impressive 1983 - really like the badges on the ends. Stadium is looking quite smart - will be a shame the highlights/tv coverage wont really show the West Stand.
BeesKnees

The more I think about it, the more i see this as a must.Not only does it bring the stadium together, but also turns the hive into a massive advertising hoarding for commuters passing on the tube.
teatime_bee

BarnetSteve wrote:The more I think about it, the more i see this as a must.Not only does it bring the stadium together, but also turns the hive into a massive advertising hoarding for commuters passing on the tube.
Exactly. I thought it would've been a good idea for the club to put 'Home of Barnet Football Club' on the back of the west stand too. Instead of just that Amber strip.
kingoffootball

teatime_bee wrote:
BarnetSteve wrote:The more I think about it, the more i see this as a must.Not only does it bring the stadium together, but also turns the hive into a massive advertising hoarding for commuters passing on the tube.
Exactly. I thought it would've been a good idea for the club to put 'Temporary Home of Barnet Football Club' on the back of the west stand too. Instead of just that Amber strip.
Fixed :)
Three-time Conference champions
hoofer2

teatime_bee wrote:
Exactly. I thought it would've been a good idea for the club to put 'Home of Barnet Football Club' on the back of the west stand too. Instead of just that Amber strip.
Correction: 'Temporary Home of Barnet Football Club but not Wealdstone'
b4life

Or 'Temporary home of Barnet FC, f*ck off Barnet Council and Wealdstone FC'
Mark Whitelegg
Chair - BFCSA1926
Tuesds

As someone who is feeling very positive indeed about taking his place on the South Terrace and is looking forward to the whole experience of an afternoon/evening watching my beloved Bees at the Hive, may I be the first to say...

...No post-goal music PLEASE! Playing music after a goal is surely the single most depressing, soulless, hollow action taken by any club. It seems particularly prevalent at new stadia, which is why I hold this fear that our first goal in the new ground will be marred by a nauseating blast of some god awful tripe by the Fratellis or The Piranhas.

There can be no greater surrender by a club to the idea that its fans are incapable of generating an atmosphere themselves. As a child, one of the features of a trip to the football that captivated me was the roar of the crowd: a natural, instinctive noise like nothing else you could experience elsewhere. I do hope we don't follow the Stevenages of this world down this path and cheapen the unique, if too-rare, experience of celebrating a Barnet goal.
Tuesds

As someone who is feeling very positive indeed about taking his place on the South Terrace and is looking forward to the whole experience of an afternoon/evening watching my beloved Bees at the Hive, may I be the first to say...

...No post-goal music PLEASE! Playing music after a goal is surely the single most depressing, soulless, hollow action taken by any club. It seems particularly prevalent at new stadia, which is why I hold this fear that our first goal in the new ground will be marred by a nauseating blast of some god awful tripe by the Fratellis or The Piranhas.

There can be no greater surrender by a club to the idea that its fans are incapable of generating an atmosphere themselves. As a child, one of the features of a trip to the football that captivated me was the roar of the crowd: a natural, instinctive noise like nothing else you could experience elsewhere. I do hope we don't follow the Stevenages of this world down this path and cheapen the unique, if too-rare, experience of celebrating a Barnet goal.
ninestein

Couldn't agree more. Stevenage playing the Vengaboys 'boom boom boom'... pass the cheese someone!
Barnet showing all the flair of Rupert-the-Bears trousers, but lots more style!
Spanker Ridley

I am with you on this Tuesds no post goal music !