Underhill Photo Memories

The best threads archived for eternal enjoyment.
b4life

Re: Underhill Photo Memories

Gary Capsey on the left?

Re the Tea Hut, the sausage rolls were legendary!
Mark Whitelegg
Chair - BFCSA1926
Golf Delta

...and whilst nibbling on my cheese roll, I used to watch this chap destroying the opponents! :D
Attachments
paddy_1969.jpg
paddy_1969.jpg (37.56 KiB) Viewed 11318 times
When you're arguing with an idiot, make sure the other person isn't doing the same.
amberforever

" As a small child in the early 70's, the highlight of the week was my dad taking me to footy and treating me to a crusty cheese roll at half time from the tea hut. It's funny how memories like this can be so powerful."
Thats right Golf. Wern't they crusty yet sort of flaky on the outside??! Even with the watery tea they tasted great together. Matter of fact...I will get in some crusty flaky rolls for the Wycombe game and treat myself at half time when we are 3-0 up! ( and safe?)
Reckless

ccollis_869 wrote:Can i just ask ask as someone born in 1990 are you sure that the picture two above is Underhill? or is that the old East Terrace?
It is the North West Terrace.
Golf Delta

Now this was a great team. Just a shame that they didn't perform against Stafford at Wembley.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid= ... =1&theater
When you're arguing with an idiot, make sure the other person isn't doing the same.
Golf Delta

Now this was a great team, just a shame they didn't turn up at Wembley against Stafford.
Attachments
b33.jpg
b33.jpg (69.09 KiB) Viewed 11289 times
Devon_Bee

ninestein wrote:Nice to see the old clubhouse before it got mysteriously burned down
On information from my Dad, the old clubhouse was built by a certain semi-professional bricklaying goalkeeper, turned manager.

Anyone?

Kevin Blackwell.

I do hope my Dad's right, otherwise I've put my head above the parapet ready to be shot at! :laugh:
torontobee

Devon_Bee wrote:
ninestein wrote:Nice to see the old clubhouse before it got mysteriously burned down
On information from my Dad, the old clubhouse was built by a certain semi-professional bricklaying goalkeeper, turned manager.

Anyone?

Kevin Blackwell.

I do hope my Dad's right, otherwise I've put my head above the parapet ready to be shot at! :laugh:

Your dad is spot on! :y:
ccollis_869

Reckless wrote:
ccollis_869 wrote:Can i just ask ask as someone born in 1990 are you sure that the picture two above is Underhill? or is that the old East Terrace?
It is the North West Terrace.
ah thank you very much, looked at the lines on the pitch thought was the half way line, I can see now that its the area
PBBee

IT's the North West Terrace isnt it?
icarus

01-13-2009 03;38;31PM.jpg
01-13-2009 03;38;31PM.jpg (234.64 KiB) Viewed 11155 times
Firstly sorry it's sideways on, if I spin it it's too wide and gets cropped so a lot would be missing.

This is a picture I took and developed myself from back in the early 70's. Never did find out who we're playing against but at least the action is in their area! Love the old chap leaning on the fence opposite in mac and trilby.

I thought I was the only one that remembered those cheese rolls - love the bit about the top being flaky yet crusty that is so accurate. I think I will take one for the last game too, remembering the massive slab of cheese in the middle of course!

Anyone remember either of these events?

1. Johnny Barr rescuing a cat from the field of play and having to sprint back to his goal sharpish, carrying said feline, as opposition started an attack?

2. Gordon Ferry losing one or both contact lenses and the whole team walking slowly in line trying to find it/them after the game
Golf Delta

The great man himself. Sublime touch, vision and an unerring knack to score beautiful goals. Was adored by thousands of Barnet fans, a true Barnet legend. The other bloke in the picture getting tackled is Nicky Evans I believe, who sponsored the hoarding in the background for his favourite two fans. We know they start juicing up at the very thought of his name judging by some of their embarassing comments on here! The guy on the right, heading for the Underhill exit swiftly is Rob Johnson.
Attachments
soccer-barclays-league-division-four-barnet-v-crewe-alexandra-underhill-stadium.jpg
soccer-barclays-league-division-four-barnet-v-crewe-alexandra-underhill-stadium.jpg (64.08 KiB) Viewed 11142 times
Last edited by Golf Delta on 20 Mar 2013, 19:41, edited 1 time in total.

I will always remember the tea hut as it nearly got a game abandoned on a cold still evening against romford i think,the smoke or steam from the hut hung over the pitch the more they served the thicker the mist come fog decended.Also in the days of the old yellow and black programme the one with the adverts all around the two teams. i think it was a herts senior cup against ware town the programme had ware's colours as blue and blue stripes.also the early games in the f a trophy....happy days
let_it_bee

Golf Delta wrote: The guy on the right, heading for the Underhill exit swiftly is Rob Johnson.
I always wondered what happened to him. Came in I think for the first couple of games of our fist league season, seemed to do ok, then just vanished.