Underhill Photo Memories

The best threads archived for eternal enjoyment.
EastBarnetBee

Re: Underhill Photo Memories

bucks bee wrote:Captured some photo memories for myself yesterday, including from what will be my one and only visit to The Hive ...

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... ff9c24416e
Why won't you visit The Hive? It’s happened, the council hate us, and we have to move on with the goal of securing our long term future back in the town of Barnet.

Like the view from the restaurant looking out onto the pitch and the standing terraces at either end suggests some real atmosphere could be generated within. Not sure about the amount of seats up against the main building though, would look very tin pot. There is no depth at all.
EastBarnetBee

I love Underhill, but the uncovered north terrace and golf stand has become embarrassing.
ninestein

bucks bee wrote:Captured some photo memories for myself yesterday, including from what will be my one and only visit to The Hive ...

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... ff9c24416e

Some cracking, honest pictures taken at the Chesterfield game there. Action shots always look nicer when there's a bit of blue sky thrown into the mix, and good to see the East Terrace looking reasonaby packed down the bottom end. Some good pictures of how things are shaping up at the Hive too. I'm assuming they were also taken yesterday morning from the post above?

Obviously, everyone will have their own take on whether they follow the club regularly over there or not, but for me as someone who will be going, thanks for taking the time to get these snaps, as it will no doubt whet the appetite of those who are looking forward to new surroundings too.
Barnet showing all the flair of Rupert-the-Bears trousers, but lots more style!
bucks bee

Thanks for those kind comments, Ninestein ... yes, the photos of The Hive were taken on Saturday morning (after I eventually found somewhere to park in the surrounding suburban streets!). It looks to me as though there is rather a lot of work needing to be done in the next four months if the stadium is to be ready for the start of next season ...
Spanker Ridley

Following on from hertssteve's wonderful photos I inherit 3 photographs from a long time supporter which I think are action from Sing Tao match ?
Printed on back is L Thorpe Photographer 94 Bow Lane Finchley.
20130408131123143.pdf
Sing Tao
(126.09 KiB) Downloaded 460 times
buster_bv

[quote=" the photos of The Hive were taken on Saturday morning (after I eventually found somewhere to park in the surrounding suburban streets!). ...[/quote]

Were there no spaces in the 300 space car park?
I used to fold shorts for the bees, now I watch from the stand
bucks bee

a) Most of the available spaces on Saturday morning were taken up by people using the gym facilities or the parents of kids training on the football pitches; b) The club was charging for the use of the car park and I had no intention of spending my money just for the privilege of looking around; and c) Just how far do you think that 300 car-parking spaces (many of them already taken) will stretch on a match-day, if the club is expecting to continue attracting crowds of several thousand spectators?
Dave H

So we are looking at parking on surrounding streets then ? Exactly what I've been doing for the last 25 years at Underhill.

Let's see if Harrow's Council are quite so keen as Barnet's to paint yellow lines on every nearby street for no good reason.
Moonchild_Bee

Do the streets around Underhill not restrict parking on matchdays? Can people park for free on nearby streets?

I just presumed that like my Borough (Camden) non residents would have to find a pay and display pretty much anywhere if they want to park (which they often can't - and when they do pay upto £4 for 20 minutes). Can't really criticise The Hive for only offering 350 parking spaces compared to Underhill's zero (or do the club run the Scouts spaces?). Parking space is what - £1 / £2 (and stipulated by Harrow Council?). And the money goes to the club. Begs the question if nearby parking was so hard to find how long it took to avoid paying a nominal sum of money to the club for safe parking?

Anyway it's positive that the parking spaces were almost full. When you take away staff cars you get left with what I presume are several hundred people paying to use the facilities of the Hive = more money to the club = better player budget next year. Wouldn't struggle to get parking at Underhill outside of a matchday.
Moonchild_Bee

Here's a Underhill montage from Dave Shields @davethephoto:

jerroll

[quote="Moonchild_Bee"]Do the streets around Underhill not restrict parking on matchdays? Can people park for free on nearby streets?

The roads immediately around underhill are restricted but you can park less than 5 mins walk away comfortably. there are plenty of parking areas around the odean & shops too.
Mikel Bee

When I used the gym facilities (haven't been in a while, lazyness relapse in progress) parking at the Hive was £1 for however long you wanted. You go to reception and pick up a token as you depart. That alone must make the club at least an extra £200 a day.

On a matchday, if they were to charge something comparable to other L2 clubs like Wycombe's £5 that would give 5x350=£1750, equivalent income of about an extra 120 fans through the turnstiles.

The nearby streets have parking restrictions on weekdays between 2-3pm. Not sure if it applies to Saturdays but there are also smaller streets without restrictions. Free spaces could be tricky to find but they are there.
jerroll

I would have thought that parking on saturdays will not be much of an issue as people will arrive at staggered times, midweeks may be interesting with more people likely to arrive at the same time.
Devon_Bee

Dave H wrote:Let's see if Harrow's Council are quite so keen as Barnet's to paint yellow lines on every nearby street for no good reason.
Surely they'd be Amber lines...?
Last edited by Devon_Bee on 15 Apr 2013, 12:05, edited 1 time in total.
Devon_Bee

Moonchild_Bee wrote:Can't really criticise The Hive for only offering 350 parking spaces compared to Underhill's zero...

Anyway it's positive that the parking spaces were almost full. When you take away staff cars you get left with what I presume are several hundred people paying to use the facilities of the Hive = more money to the club = better player budget next year. Wouldn't struggle to get parking at Underhill outside of a matchday.
Exactly, more full spaces on non-match days means a higher player budget.

Anyway, haven't we got the more car park spaces than any other League 2 club? or is it any league club? It's one of those, I forget which. :oooops:
Last edited by Devon_Bee on 19 Apr 2013, 09:35, edited 1 time in total.