London - Moscow on Easyjet

This is the "anything goes forum". Come in and talk about whatever tickles your fancy.
South_Belfast_Bee

London - Moscow on Easyjet

New route starting shortly. From what I've seen from flicking through, excellent value for those who like to travel to semi-exotic places (£120 return with a Saturday return flight). I went there years ago and it was a lot lot more!
Moonchild_Bee

Re: London - Moscow on Easyjet

Costly Visa Fees - and bloody expensive once you're their - but agreed very good value for the flights.

http://www.holidaypirates.com/ occasionally has some great (predominantly error) fares for those with a bit of flexibility and sense of adventure.
South_Belfast_Bee

A beautiful city when you're there also! I have to say that seeing Lenin was one of the most moving experiences of my life (perhaps that's the political historian in me).

It's a bit cheaper on an Irish passport for visas for some reason, but the prices seem to fluctuate hugely depending on nationality and visa type/turnaround time. For example:

On a British passport:

Single-Next Day --- Single-5 Working days
100 -------------------------50 ------------

On an Irish passport: (still in £)

Single-Next Day ----- Single-5 Working days
78 --------------------------- 48

An admin fee of c.£25 on top of these charges as well!
Golf Delta

My friend is a captain on British Airways 777s. He always books my flights for me, my flight to Stuttgart in April is £105, £6 for the flight and £99 in taxes! :....:
When you're arguing with an idiot, make sure the other person isn't doing the same.
South_Belfast_Bee

That's a kick in the teeth!

Not that you can do anything about it, nor do countries really have to justify it, but I would love the Russian Federation to explain why a tourist visa costs around £100 when my one for Armenia cost about £10
Moonchild_Bee

Golf Delta wrote:My friend is a captain on British Airways 777s. He always books my flights for me, my flight to Stuttgart in April is £105, £6 for the flight and £99 in taxes! :....:
Hmm - BA's regular fares are £9 + tax - hope he got you an upgrade! I don't fly BA as their industry offers are terrible.
Golf Delta

I think £6 is the staff discount! I only fly BA if I have to, or if I'm going somewhere with him, otherwise I'll use Ryanair or Easyjet, but he refuses to use them, unless there is no other choice.
When you're arguing with an idiot, make sure the other person isn't doing the same.
bucks bee

I'm going to Moscow in September, but flying back from St Petersburg, so using British Airways. The last time I went to Russia, in the Soviet era (1986), was with Aeroflot. Now that really was an experience.
South_Belfast_Bee

bucks bee wrote:I'm going to Moscow in September, but flying back from St Petersburg, so using British Airways. The last time I went to Russia, in the Soviet era (1986), was with Aeroflot. Now that really was an experience.
Are you going from Moscow to St Petersburg on the overnight train? By far the most frightening experience of my life. Over people in our party said that people were putting knives through the gap in their door trying to force the lock!
bucks bee

Um, yes I am. Thanks for that reassuring piece of information. Having narrowly escaped being kidnapped by Islamist terrorists in northern Cameroon last month, I had been looking forward to a more relaxing travel experience in Russia ... !!
Stingtastic

I did Moscow to St. Petersburg by train as well (albeit on what was probably a bit of a touristy train) and other than a slightly grumpy Babushka it was fine and fun
rudebwoyben

bucks bee wrote:I'm going to Moscow in September, but flying back from St Petersburg, so using British Airways. The last time I went to Russia, in the Soviet era (1986), was with Aeroflot. Now that really was an experience.
I went on Aeroflot to Moscow in '87! I took the train between Moscow and Leningrad as well. I think in Soviet times the scary people weren't so prominent.