Thank God for female officials....

This is the "anything goes forum". Come in and talk about whatever tickles your fancy.
grrgerald

Thank God for female officials....

...it's got rid of Richard Keys and Andy Gray at least for a while.
Frods

Re: Thank God for female officials....

It was pretty funny listening to Talksh*te after work yesterday with people phoning in saying that they were going to cancel their Sky Sports subscription because Keys and Gray were suspended.
BEEGONE

Talk about blown out of proportion!!

You hear these comments up and down the country all the time, what I will say is men's sports should be officiated by men and womens by women.
Moonchild_Bee

I suppose the crux of the matter is whether they were having a laugh (you can get away with anything if you say you're being 'ironic'), or being serious.

However, as they are a pair of idiots and dire presenters anyway, i'm enjoying seeing everything been thrown their way.
Golf Delta

grrgerald wrote:...it's got rid of Richard Keys and Andy Gray at least for a while.
For a long while in Andy Gray's case...
http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/UK-New ... nt_Referee

A female lino who doesn't know the offside rule? Whatever next, a commentator who doesn't know how to switch his mike off?
When you're arguing with an idiot, make sure the other person isn't doing the same.
canadabee1

I can't say I have seen many lino's male or female that know the offside.
grrgerald

Golf Delta wrote:
grrgerald wrote:...it's got rid of Richard Keys and Andy Gray at least for a while.
For a long while in Andy Gray's case...
http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/UK-New ... nt_Referee

A female lino who doesn't know the offside rule? Whatever next, a commentator who doesn't know how to switch his mike off?
Absolutely delighted that on Burns night Gray gets burnt.

Here's another reason why....

http://www.talksport.co.uk/radio/drivet ... y-sack-sky
GRH

No sympathy for Gray, but I find it strange that this new evidence suddenly appears just a day after linogate. I'm sure it's got nothing to do with him suing the NOTW. Smells of a stitch up, but if he didn't act that way they couldn't have got him.
JCBee

Glad to see the back of him and his stupid iPad table contraption.
grrgerald

Tch Tch Mr Keys.
In reality I suppose most of us are guilty for this type of dialogue. Tho not in a film studio wearing a radio mike. Silly man.
Keys and Gray were well past their sell by date and someone in Sky are using these clips as a tool for their removal. Good on 'em.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011 ... chard-keys

As far as co commentator goes I enjoy the job that Don Goodman does.
bucks bee

Female officials, no problem ...

... but whoever thought it was a good idea to use Scotsmen as football pundits on TV? I mean, Scotsmen ... what do they know about playing football? When did you last see a Scottish football team, at either national or club level, that wasn't completely ludicrous?
grrgerald

bucks bee wrote:Female officials, no problem ...

... but whoever thought it was a good idea to use Scotsmen as football pundits on TV? I mean, Scotsmen ... what do they know about playing football? When did you last see a Scottish football team, at either national or club level, that wasn't completely ludicrous?
Take a bow son !
grrgerald

Andy Gray was on 1.7 mill a year. That is a ....ing joke.

Keys has resigned............hallelujah, there is a God !
amberforever

Will not be losing any sleep over this pairing but honestly, what next???.....the thought police!!???
I must agree with the previous post that mens sports should be reffed by men and women for women's. Spot on.
Also, why do 95% of sports or come to that any programme...especially weather forcasters have to have Scottish presenters!!!??
There are more people living in Middlesex than in Scotland, but then again, there are more Scotsman in tv land than in Scotland!! ;)
barnetboy1

Ah Middlesex,reknowned as "The County that doesn,t actually exist" full or Boroughs with London postcodes.
If you drive around the UK; every time time you cross a County border you get a "Welcome to" roadsign,it makes you feel good about your journey's progress,(Thankyou people of Hampshire),or You are now in Kent,drive safely.I will.
There are none that I know of for Middlesex.
The nearest thing to approaching a welcome to Middx ,coming in from the from the west, is a roadsign that some socially impaired inbred managed to get his spraycan out and daub "Zeik Hail"(yes ,spelt like that) on the direction sign for Northolt.
Offensive in Anonimity.
Gray & Keys,offensive in the open.
Welcome to the Modern World.