Prediction League 2017/18 Rules and Regs

The place to play in the popular prediction league for the 2011-12 season.

Moderator: Reckless

Prediction League 2017/18 Rules and Regs

Postby Reckless » 14 Jul 2017, 18:25

Prediction League 2017/2018

http://www.onlybarnet.com can announce details of the new 2017/2018 Prediction League competition which will start with our first fixture away to Forest Green Rovers Saturday 5th August 2017

Prediction League is a fun competition open to all members of this messageboard and we hope it is even more successful than the previous competitions - Prediction League 2016/17 was eventually won jointly by Cockney Bee and Toronto Bee and they join the following Honours Board:

Prediction League Honours Board

Prediction League Champion 2001/2
Churchlang Bee
World Cup 2002 Prediction League Champion
Ninestein
Prediction League Champion 2002/3
Tim Bee
Prediction League Champion 2003/4
Basingstoke Bee
Prediction League Champion 2004/5
Basingstoke Bee
Prediction League Champion 2005/6
Basingstoke Bee
World Cup 2006 Prediction League Champion
MK Bees
Prediction League Champion 2006/7
Durlston
Prediction League Champion 2007/8
45 Years A Bee
Prediction League Champion 2008/9
Paddy Bee
Prediction League Champion 2009/10
Leicester Bee
World Cup 2010 Prediction League Champion
Cockney 77
Prediction League Champion 2010/11
Toronto Bee
Prediction League Champion 2011/12
Barnet Boy
Euro 2012 Prediction League Champion
Boloy Boy
Prediction League Champion 2012/3
Stalker 428
Prediction League Champion 2013/15
Bee 428
World Cup 2014 Prediction League Champion
Toronto Bee
Prediction League Champion 2014/5
Hadley Bee
Prediction League Champion 2015/6
Edd 1
Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion
India Bee
Prediction League Champion 2016/17
Toronto Bee and Cockney Bee (joint)

You simply have to be a signed up member of the http://www.onlybarnet.com message board to participate. As each match thread appears you can post your prediction for it, and leave the rest to me. The threads will be accessible under their own separate Forum entitled ‘Prediction League’ on the message board and the current league table will be on view after each game. Members forecast the final score of a Barnet FC game, the half time score, the first Barnet goalscorer in the match and the attendance figure - its a simple as that.

Example: Forest Green Rovers 2-3 Barnet
Half Time 1-1
John Akinde
Please take care to be specific for the sake of argument ie if you post 0-1 without mentioning the team names as a result , which is perfectly OK, I will take that as an away club win.

THE RULES PREDICTION LEAGUE 2017/18

1.We will award points to ‘user names’ only and not to members’ real names. For instance some of the members may have a couple of alternative user names but they will not be added together.
2.The prediction for each match may be made at any time right up until kick off. Any prediction made after the kick off time will be void.
3.You may change or alter your prediction by re-posting on the thread but we will accept the later prediction as your entry. (Please try and refrain from changing your mind too much - thanks).
4.1 point will awarded for predicting a correct half time standing (i.e. you predict Barnet 2-1 Opponents and the actual score is for example 1-0 or Barnet 0-1 Opponents and the actual score is 0-2)
5.2 points will be awarded for an exact half time score prediction. (i.e. you predict the half time score as Barnet 0-0 Opponents and that is the score at half time).
6.4 points will be awarded for a correct result prediction. (i.e. you predict Barnet to win 2-0 and the final score is actually 2-1 to Barnet)
7.6 points will be awarded for an exact score prediction. (i.e. you predict Barnet to win 2-0 and that is the final result)
8.If you predict both the exact half and full time scores then you will receive 2 bonus points to make a total of 10 points (i.e. if you predict Full time: Barnet 2-0 Opponents, Half time: Barnet 0-0 Opponents and they are the scores at those junctures you will receive 2+6+2 bonus points = 10 points)
9.1 point will be awarded for predicting the official attendance at the game to within 200 above or below. 2 points will be awarded for predicting the official attendance to within 100 above or below.
10.An additional 5 points (to clause 9) will be awarded for predicting if the attendance figure exactly
11. 3 points will be awarded if you correctly predict the scorer of the first Barnet goal in the game. 1 point will be awarded if that player scores at any time during the game. (i.e. you predict Charlie MacDonald to score first but he actually is the second Barnet scorer). As in last years competition you may have a guess at this even if you believe that Barnet will not score in the game but you may also predict “No Barnet Goalscorer”. If you do and that is the case you will also earn 3 points. You may also predict the first Barnet goal in the game as an own goal by an opponent if you wish and this will also earn 3 points. You will earn 1 point if an own goal is scored but it is not the first Barnet goal of the game.
12.If you happen to hit the ‘JACKPOT’ and correctly predict the exact final score, the exact half time score, the first Barnet goalscorer (including a “no goalscorer” or “own goal” prediction) and the attendance to within 100 above or below you will be awarded a massive 20 points. The 5 points extra for predicting the exact attendance will also apply – so you could win 25 points!
13.If you are unable to make a prediction for a particular game don’t worry as we will accept what we consider legitimate requests in advance via a posting or E mail me at tonyhammond2@hotmail.com. However each thread will be put up well in advance of the game.
14.The judge’s decision will be final - so there.

Good Luck,
Reckless.
Reckless

Re: Prediction League 2017/18 Rules and Regs

Postby John_c » 15 Jul 2017, 18:23

3 years running. Have that.
:geahh:

Proud Sponsor of Luisma Villa Lopez's Football Conference Winning Away Shirt. Season 2014/15

"Can't wait to hear the latest excuses from that bell end John C"
John_c

Re: Prediction League 2017/18 Rules and Regs

Postby Reckless » 15 Jul 2017, 19:28

You retired too early son.
Reckless

Return to Prediction League